main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i think i read the other day he isn't in it.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    FYI: I didn't realize this, but the HYDRA Doctor who Bobbi / Lance iced via headshot was the dude talking to Strucker at the end of The Winter Soldier so one wonders if he was really being up-front with the other "HYDRA leaders" who were all killed this time...

(I did not realize this, it was via a comment in io9)

3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Kind of a bad word choice there isn't it, considering there's a non-lethal weapon in the show called an "icer"?

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I stand by my ethnic slur! Do your worst, you filthy, pretentious savages!
    [​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    All of your posts will be read in a Quimby voice from now on.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Actually, in follow-up the Doctor may have been the only one not killed? I'm a bit confused now...

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Keep us updated so I know whether to unlike your post or not.

Alpha-Red and dp4m like this.
  8. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The shot of Trip's half-cracked stone face in the wheelbarrow being carted around was darkly kinda funny. "Hey, everybody! Remember Trip? Here's a chunk of his head!"

And, to quote myself:

Kinda!

I thought the scene of the Hydra heads getting chopped off was effective. As for clearing the decks of Hydra heads, and just where the heck Ward and Evil May are, I get the feeling the show is gonna work downlow on the HYDRA side and focus more on Inhumans now, but there are references to Von Strucker abounding, so after Von Strucker is taken care of in Avengers: AoU (thereby taking out Hydra in the movies - since the next Cap flick is Civil War), it'll set it up so Ward and Evil May can run Hydra for the TV series (like how Coulson is running SHIELD on TV but it's gone from the movies)

9. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Wait so was Whitehall one of the members of the Hydra "Jedi Council" that we saw in the latest episode? Or was he their leader?

As for Ward and Evil May...well Ward seems to be more out for himself than someone who would work for Hydra. Would Hydra even trust him? If not, well, even Ward can't fight a one-man war against them and he'll probably have to end up running back to Coulson for help. And Evil May... she seemed like she could barely even function upon finding out Whitehall was dead, so not exactly a useful minion for Hydra let alone leadership material.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Whitehall was the leader of the American Hydra franchise. Strucker controls the European branch.

They've still got quite a few Hydra villains from the comics to use so I wouldn't say they are gone.

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Vote Quimby!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, I just read the description for next week's episode, and it seems way more interesting than tonight's.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I take it back- this episode is turning out better than I imagined it would.

15. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    i hope so., it's on in 40 minutes here and i'm finding it difficult to follow

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well we know that Mac and Bobbi aren't working for Hydra...not that I ever thought they were...but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out who they are working for and what they are up to that they think it will divide the team so much. I can't see anyone being that upset or surprised if it's Fury.....plus they already did that with May. Hopefully we find out soon, I don't want this to drag out for too much longer.

17. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Great Lakes Avengers

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I wonder if Coulson had the foresight to drain a bit of blood from the Kree for an emergency resurrection stash.

19. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    When did SHIELD become aware of the existence of the Kree as a species? I mean, there was that one dead Kree where they got that miracle drug from, but I don't think he was identified as a Kree, and the Kree don't seem to have been mentioned at all until this episode.

20. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Didn't Raina namedrop the Kree? I thought they got it from her.

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Raina mentioned the Kree to either Coulson or Skye, I forget which; if the former, no explanation needed, if the latter, she probably told Coulson about it at some point. Also in Sif's first appearance she listed a bunch of blue species to Coulson, one of which was Kree.
    But anyway,
    I'd been wondering for a while if the modern-day Kree were aware of their ancestor's actions on Earth, so nice that they explained all that.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    S.W.O.R.D. Is the prevailing theory. But could also be a new twist on an old idea. SHIELD fell so maybe it is time to bring in the H.A.M.M.E.R.

23. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    mockingbird should be with Hawkeye

24. JEDI-RISING

Apr 15, 2005
    apparently the ratings were low last night, behind even univision in demo and total viewers

25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Everything was down though. Daylights savings seems to have screwed everyone in the ratings.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.