main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I insist on my theory:
    They are working for Stark and The Avengers.

pronker likes this.
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    How angry would Coulson and the others be about that I wonder? They seem to think whatever it is they are up to is going to split up the team....though clearly they think they are working for good guys. Also I feel like it's someone who is going to actually appear on the show, I don't know what the chances are of any of the Avengers being on this though I'd like to see it...unless they just have Hill come on representing Stark...I could maybe see that.

3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Except that The Avengers don't seem to even know that Coulson is alive. And given just how big a deal the movie made of his death affecting them, and the fact that they've dragged out that plot-line for years (both in-universe and in reality), it's be really lame/cheap to then resolve it with "well they know that he's still alive, and have none for awhile." That'd be a "way to waste our freaking time" moment.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Even though we haven't expressly seen the Avengers being inform about the Son of Coul being alive, I believe they do. Maria Hill and Nick Fury know he's still alive, and we seen Hill applying for a job at Stark Industries and in the trailer of Age of Ultron hanging out with the Avengers, so leads me to believe they know. No reason to keep that a secret. Plus, I think Lady Sif did mention she would tell Thor that the Son of Coul lives in her previous appearance on the show. Speaking of Sif, I like how she was giddy when she her the name Thor. That was a nice moment.

I don't think Bobbi and Mack are working for H.A.M.M.E.R. knowing that Bobbi is Mockingbird. I just don't see it. Stark/Hill or SWORD is more likely. I'm still open to repeating Fury being the person Bobbi and Mack are secretly working with because that what Fury does.

Also, seeing how the show is setting up the Inhumans, I still why they would push the movie back. When will they reference Black Bolt and the others. It would be something if the Inhumans made their debut on the TV show.

5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Actually Coulson asked that Sif keep his being alive a secret in the last episode and Sif agreed to. She she's keeping that from Thor. As for Maria telling them he's alive... I don't see her doing that. If Coulson wants them to know he's alive he will, it's his secret to reveal.

Also did that line with Thor indicate she's older than him? She knew Odin was king but she didn't seem to recognize Thor. She had an emotional reaction to the name, but that felt more like her subconscious overriding the amnesia.

6. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    But there's no way Maria Hill didn't tell Stark.

7. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I'd be very surprised if Hill told Stark Coulson was alive. There's no reason to and I doubt Maria is 100% honest with the Avengers, she's got to be keeping tons of SHIELD stuff secret until/unless it's directly relevant.

If Stark knew Coulson was alive he'd already have stopped by.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    ...or he would have inserted a couple of agents, you mean? :p

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    That might be my biggest problem with the show.

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Since when has Tony Stark been that subtle? lol. His style would be jetting into Coulson's office in full armor.

Darkslayer and Healer_Leona like this.
  11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't know about that. Tony made Ultron without the rest of the Avengers knowing.

12. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Banner and him were working on it. When Tony is subtle he's still hands on. If he knew Coulson was alive he wouldn't trust other people to watch him, he'd have gone there and bugged all of Coulson's computers himself.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The conversation turned away from Agents of SHIELD spoilers, so I'm not going to use the tags.

I don't know if Banner is the co-creator of Ultron. From the trailers, it all appears to be Tony, but I've only watched each trailer once so I may be lacking on my recall.

I'm not sure why Coulson's revival would be a secret from the Avengers as all the bad guys already know he's alive and as well General Talbot and the U.S. Military. It's like the worse kept secret in the MCU.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Banner referred to Ultron by name and practically every press release mentions Ultron was created by Banner and Stark so I'd hesitate to even consider it a spoiler as much as it's been mentioned.

The reasons why Coulson's revival is a secret is because it needs payoff. The Avengers aren't going to show up on AoS, Coulson would need to show up in a movie in order to reveal he's alive to them. And they haven't put him in a movie so he's going to stay dead to them until they put him in one.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I obviously have been reading the same press releases that you have, so I take your word that Banner and Stark co-created Ultron. However, the articles I have read weeks ago (I stopped reading up on AoU to avoid spoilers) noted that Stark was the creator of Ultron as his father may have started the program with Pym. Then, more recently, I remember reading was the article from Empire Online where Wheadon said:

I would agree that if Coulson's death is a secret kept from the Avengers it needs to payoff. My concern that it won't payoff and I don't see how it will. I mean, it's not like the Avengers will unite to avenge his death, again. I think the writers may have either painted themselves into a corner or it's just a plot device to not incorporate Coulson back into the MCU, as Disney would probably have to renegotiate his contract. I'm sure they have to pay extra to have any of the avengers to appear on Agents of SHIELD.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Wow, last night's episode was much better than I had expected (given how Sif's last episode, "Yes Men", was one of the weakest Season 1 episodes- albeit through no fault of her own). She plays well off of the team and everything with Skye is playing out very well too.

During Sif's conversation with Coulson about blue aliens visiting Earth in Yes Men, she mentions the Kree- and she reassures Coulson that they've never been to Earth- it's this conversation that they make a callback to in last night's episode).

17. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Aw, this show is getting
    too dark, or convoluted, or something. Maybe it's Whedon's style, I guess? Anyway, despite the actors, whose work I admire each week, there seems to be a whale of a lot of plot threads and characters to keep track of. It's appealing to most folks on this thread, I suppose.[face_dunno] It's a good thing I'm not trying to watch Game of Thrones!:rolleyes: Next week with MacLachlan ought to be .. sprightlier.[face_good_luck] And well, it is St. Patrick's Day next Tuesday, generally a happier sort of holiday. [face_cowboy]

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Why would she tell Tony? She knows that Fury wanted to keep his resurrection a secret from the Avengers as it might implode the team. When it comes out, I'd wager it'd be in "Civil War".

GenAntilles likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    What made this episode a little chincy is Sif was just a dumbass who would just go ahead and maybe kill Skye on the spot because her so called advanced race of beings is way beyond ours but really not.

The Kree dude was a little too pseudo-alien speak and not well acted.

20. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Sif wasn't trying to kill Skye. She was attempting to take her to Asgard. When Jane was possessed by the Aether Thor took her to Asgard, what Sif is doing is no different. Asgard has dealt with people with powers like Skye a lot longer and a lot better than humans and SHIELD have.

Heck if it was Thor instead of Sif, Skye would've probably went with him willingly as charming as he is.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Given her "dreamy" comments in The Well, she just might have ;).

GenAntilles likes this.
  22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Given how Hill, Skye, and May have talked about him... Thor seems to have a very large following amongst the women of SHIELD.

Maybe Coulson doesn't want Thor to know he's alive as Thor would show up and then half his agents would abandon their posts to meet him.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    As well as the women of London's tube.

24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    So... SHIELD civil war? ]/spoiler]

25. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Was that the great lakes masters of evil?

JoinTheSchwarz and pronker like this.