main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's clearly the Thunderbolts.

I'm liking, conceptually, where this is going -- but I'll see if the execution matches.

Also, Blair Underwood looks about as good as Ming Na does and he's also the same age. I WANT TO AGE AS WELL AS THEM, DAMMIT!

2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    An improvement. It was great to see
    scenes in which someone was not either crying or on the brink of tears. :) Fine to see Drea De Matteo again because she was wonderfully effective in Desperate Housewives. MacLachlan continues to amaze and the plot points of whatever group that emblem means sound interesting. Also, FitzSimmons may be headed for a more mature relationship, yay.[face_good_luck]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Kyle MacLachlan deserves a raise for that fantastic mugging he did in last week's ep, very badass.

pronker and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Given their relative lameness, the Emissaries of Evil (Stilt-Man, Leap-Frog and Matador's team!) would be a good fit.

pronker likes this.
  5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So I guess we're doing Civil War early.

And does EvilSHIELD have a regular aircraft carrier or was that an actual helicarrier?

6. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Civil War for SHIELD only. So it'll be short and spoiler alert: Coulson's gonna win. :p
    Let's be honest, if Steve knew this was going on, he'd back Coulson. Natasha absolutely would back Coulson and Hill already knows. If Victoria Hand were still alive, she'd probably back Coulson too. So these guys are really just wary based on HYDRA's assault - in the case of Weaver, never liked Coulson to begin with - in the case of Mac it would seem, or believes deeply in there cause as is the case with Gonzales and Bobbi. Problem is if any of them actually spoke to Coulson, they'd see he was the best man for the job like Fury did. I hope Weaver gets a seen with Simmons and Fitz. Would be interesting.

And I think that was just a regular carrier.

7. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm calling EvilSHILELD taking over and imprisoning or trying to imprison Skye until the Inhumans rescue her, then they'll train her for a while. Meanwhile Coulson and the rest will either be captured in EvilSHIELD custody for an episode or two, or escape in the bus and be on the run again.

I am wondering about Simmons... she might side with EvilSHIELD. Fitz I can see being completely against, wonder if they'll kill him in the takeover. May is a Coulson loyalist through and through. I wonder about the other agents though, I mean they really have no guarantee Olmos and the rest aren't just Hydra 2.0. And what is EvilSHIELD going to do with all the new prisoners?

And I do wonder how many Galactica jokes they did with Olmos about being the leader on an aircraft carrier vessel again? :p

8. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Potential major spoiler for next week:

At least one synopsis mentions a return of a fan favorite actress:

Lucy Lawless as Isabel Hartley. Unless they are doing a flashback, I guess she survived the diviner and has one arm. I can sort of see this since they had cut the arm off before she 'died'. But more than likely we could be in for a flashback.

9. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Like Adama would be caught dead on a state of the art helicarrier. You know how afraid of technology he is.

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Ha, true. Given how the next gen helicarriers got taken out in Winter Soldier he'd have reason to be.

11. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002

Good to see Coulson is still a smart guy.

12. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Just caught the ep, and this may be way out of line, but when Skye
    said that Fitz doesn't want a monkey anymore, he wants a dog, does this mean that we might see Lockjaw at some point?[face_clown]

13. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
  14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    So given the preview for next week is insinuating Gonzales is going to execute May and that the team sent to get Skye were clearly under orders to kill her on sight... I'm wondering how long before Bobbi switches sides or gets killed by the 'real' SHIELD for not keeping with the program of being Hydra-lite

15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I would hope by the time she stand's up she's back on Coulson's side again. Loved how cool Jemma was with taking on Bobbi. :D

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I can't see them killing Bobbi but yeah I think she is going to realize she picked the wrong side and switch back to Coulson's side....hopefully Mack does as well. The question is will Coulson take them back?

17. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    It'll probably depend on how many of his agents start working for Gonzales. If 90% of his people switched allegiances after the coup they are really no better. And also how many people Bobbi's side kills. I mean if Gonzales executes May I don't see any of them forgiving Bobbi or Mack at that point.

Though honestly I think Coulson would take them back... but he shouldn't. He doesn't need to give Ward precedent to rejoin the team. After-all if Coulson is fine letting coup throwing traitors bent on a new world order built on killing millions back on the team... then he really has no reason not to let Ward back on... [face_whistling]

18. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I don't even think there is the remotest chance that
    Fitz or Simmons join Gonzales. Even with Weaver there. Do I think there is a chance they will play nice until they can help Coulson? Yes. And May, as she said in that awesome scene, already made her choice. As to the rest, we know where Hunter stands. Bobbi will come back to them eventually. Mac is the only question mark for me. Of all of them, Bobbi is the one most likely to have a genuine change of heart. But after Skye's escape, who knows what is going through her head.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

That was a super-good episode. I like how they don't really hold off and make people wait terribly long to get the reveals and then move on to the next bit this season... they at least learned that lesson from S1...

20. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Honestly Weaver surprised me the most, she was very cold and antagonistic towards Fitz and Simmons, acting ashamed and appalled they were working for Coulson. Simmons I can see joining/working with willingly... she's very much in line with their view of all people with powers being a threat. Bobbi was under the impression Skye would be treated as a SHIELD agent and taken in, obviously Gonzales, Weaver, and the rest of 'real' SHIELD command planned to kill Skye from the start and didn't bring Bobbi in on that. Though it's questionable what her opinion on Skye will change after her display of power. Will she feel that the kill on sight methods are now necessary or will she feel Gonzales and 'real' SHIELD have gone to far for trying to kill one of their own? At any rate the injured agent is definitely going to spin his injury as a reason for Skye being a threat to be taken out.

21. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002

Simmons is 110% loyal to Coulson. She won't defect. And Fitz is probably closer to 200% and that's despite being out of the loop at times. They know they can trust Coulson implicitly. They've been through too much together. Even at their angriest, they still trust him. But Gonzales and Weaver are already showing they can't be trusted to say nothing of Bobbi and Mack.

And yeah, that was no icer used against Skye. I'm sure Bobbi is going to have something to say about that.

22. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Simmons loyalties I'm iffy on. She's changed a lot since Trip and is very paranoid about people with powers and aliens at this point. So long as Gonzales and Weaver keep their really questionable stuff out of her view she'll probably have no real issues working with them. Fitz is a Coulson loyalist true, but more than that he's a Skye loyalist. He'll never work on anything that'll put her in danger because of her nature and having powers. Honestly May and Fitz are probably going to be the two problems for Gonzales and 'real' SHIELD as they are not going to aid and abet a group committed to genocide of a group someone they love belongs too. Simmons would probably go along with it so long as they kept telling her Skye would be fine and they'd try and help her. Mack may feel taking out Skye is unfortunate, but ultimately he'd probably sign off on it too. Bobbi... not sure where she'll land. She wanted to take Skye alive now... but after her display and leaving with Gordon... she may feel Skye's crossed her Rubicon by joining the 'enemy'.

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I disagree. Coulson put her in charge of managing people like Skye. Simmons knows that the best case scenario for people like Skye lies with Coulson. There is nothing Weaver or Gonzales can offer. Simmons was already betrayed once by HYDRA. She's been a double agent for HYDRA. Why should she trust this new SHIELD after being betrayed by Bobbi and Mack? Heck, she took out Bobbi herself and immediately reported in to Coulson. I don't think anything Weaver or Gonzales say will sway her away from Coulson. THAT said, Simmons did work for HYDRA. I could see her going along with everything to learn everything and basically spy on them only to report back to Coulson when the time is right. I could definitely see her using Weaver as her in for that. Weaver already admits there are few people whose opinion she values as much as Jemma's. She can easily exploit that weakness.

Also, I am suspicious of Gonzales. They found him alone with an ax. He could have been HYDRA and killed a bunch of SHIELD agents only to be injured while taking one out. He could have several things up his sleeve. I've yet to see anything that shows he deserves to lead SHIELD. And if he was indeed so great, why didn't Fury have him as his successor over Coulson?

24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    All that's true. Guess I just don't know how far Simmons is willing to take her rhetoric, she wanted to help Skye sure, she's like a sister to her. But up until then most of her conversations about people with powers mostly involved how to eliminate them. Her beliefs don't seem that different than Gonzales and the rest of 'real' SHIELD. Then again she may have felt she could be the hardliner on the issue when everyone around her like Coulson and Fitz would challenge her. She may moderate a bit when everyone starts agreeing about how people with powers a treat to be taken out.

25. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    "That was a really nice entrance..."

Damn that episode was great. Only problem was that it ended. I need a binge watch time machine pronto.