main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Gotta say, the Marvel TV shows have much better villains than the movies thus far, minus Loki. And I also enjoyed Ronan even if he was one note.

Calvin Zabo, Doctor Faustus, John Garrett, Grant Ward, soon to be Kingpin... I guess its the benefit of having hours to flesh out the character's motivations. Yet it also just seems like the actors are having an absolute blast playing them (especially Kyle Maclachlan)

Jedi Merkurian , Abadacus and pronker like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Re-purposed MCU film asset alert! The battering ram the agents used to kick down the doorway to the safe house was the same battering ram that bashed in Fury's window in "Winter Solider".

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  4. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Wondering if they'll wrap AoS up this season and the spinoff will take off from there.

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The article says they are working on the developing the spin-off with the assumption that AoS will be renewed for a 3rd season.

6. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Ah, didn't notice that in the article I read. That's good news.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    S.W.O.R.D., please

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm presuming that it will be West Coast Avengers.

Vision, Mockingbird, Wonder Man, Tigra (or Raina), Ward, 33 and cameos from Hank Pym, Hawkeye, etc...

pronker likes this.
  9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Damn, they really laid it on thick with how May became known as the Cavalry.
    Also that was a great ending with Fitz, Hunter and Coulson. Hopefully they team up next week to lay the smackdown on Gonzales and his followers.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    spoilers for next week
    Apparently the synopsis is Coulson and Gonzales have to join forces to stop Dr. List, the Hydra doctor with Strucker at the end of Winter Soldier.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Doesn't mean he can't kick his ass before teaming up. ;) But yeah, I figured there'd be some sort of AOU tie-in.

12. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    That was kind of dark for this show.....but it certainly explains May's situation at the beginning of the series. Is anyone else getting kind of tired of the Skye stuff? I feel like it's way less interesting than the SHIELD vs. SHIELD story.

13. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It varies- last week's Skye plotline was more interesting than this week's (though this week had the more emotional moment).

The May flashback ended pretty intensely. Ming Na killed it (...literally).

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I wonder how many of those agents May rescued ended up really being Hydra...

Also loved the Maria Hill easter egg. Heard they had planned for her to show up in an episode before Age of Ultron but it apparently never worked out.

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Yup, dark twist to the Calvary Story.

There are two episodes before Age of Ultron so the previews for next week's definitely point a connection to the movie.

What was deal at the end when
    that Inhuman guy (I can't recall him name) says "So I wasn't dreaming?"

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    He said "she wasn't just dreaming". It means Raina wasn't just having nightmares. She had a vision of the future, of that dinner between Skye and Cal, down to the bouquet of daisies. Her inhuman power is precognition. She's become the Clairvoyant she was looking for! Gotta love it!

Alpha-Red, dp4m, Yodaminch and 9 others like this.
  17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think that
    Cal and Jiaying aren't being completely honest with Skye. Note the exchange when Cal said that Skye was born in 1988. Which leads me to believe that there might be something else they're hiding.

Cobie Smulders said last night on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" that she will be appearing in an episode soon.

pronker and GenAntilles like this.
  18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Yeah I just heard about that. Nice. Figured it didn't work out after an article on this weeks episode saying Maria wouldn't' appear in the flesh.

So guessng Gonzales and Coulson take down List... who gives intel on where Strucker is... which Coulson and Gonzales pass to Maria... who passes it to the Avengers... and we get Age of Ultron

19. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  20. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
  21. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Promo for next SHIELD episode:

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I know I'm a geek for enjoying this show, also a dork for squeeing at the Milwaukee reference.

I kinda had hopes they'd come across the Great Lakes Avengers.

23. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    So what are the chances of...
    ...the Coulson that surrendered being actually Agent 33?

24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I don't think they should have spin off shows. Keep it under one roof and have one decent show instead of trying to spread it all out.

pronker likes this.