main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Something I don't think I noticed before and read on another site. I'll have to rewatch for this now.

The Kree rock thing only moved when an Inhuman was in the room. So this makes Simmons one and why it went for her.

2. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I think that's just speculation and hoping. It was moving and breaking down when there were just known SHIELD agents only in the room (prior to Gordon's attack). So unless we are saying that one of those agents is also an Inhuman, it's not a direct conclusion to draw.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I took the opposite approach. I felt it went for Simmons because she was alone and not Inhuman but a regular human. If the device is meant to destroy Inhumans it may just have been waiting for a normal human host to attach to/take over. So Simmons is going to turn into an Inhuman Terminator thing

Abadacus and Healer_Leona like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    It's Kree weapon against the abomination known as the Inhumans. Gemma is going to be Captain Marvel and wipeout the Inhumans.

j/k :p

However, it wouldn't surprise me if is was a Kree weapon against in Inhumans. I wonder if the Kree dude will return to hunt down the other Inhumans like he did Skye.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

Oooh, either theory could work wonderfully.

Jedi Merkurian and Abadacus like this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    There's a lot that I love about this episode, - the direction was really great and the fight choreography was so damn awesome i get the feeling they stole some stunt people from Daredevil - what stands out days later is Cal's "THIS IS ME CALM!" line and his emotional finale. Although it took a while to wrap it up at the end, the Simmons getting sucked into the whatever was an awesome final twist. I will also say I pointed out pages ago:

while I wasn't 100% on the money (lets say 90%), I do think it's clear Ward set up to lead Nu-Hydra (since the movies seem to be finished with HYDRA as Civil War seems to be as not-Hydra centric as you can get, and there doesn't seem to be any room for Hydra stuff in the phase 3 landscape) so Hydra antics vs SHIELD will be self-contained basically to the TV series from now on, with Grant Ward leading the way.

7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think this gif that was posted over at io9 sums it up rather well honestly about Ward. :D
    [​IMG]

In regards to Hydra, from what I know that storyline has been closely tied to CAP. I wouldn't be surprised to see something in regards to Hydra pop up in CAP 3. Probably something that happens in relation to Hydra popping back up that causes the rest of the events of Civil War. The cast list for CAP 3 I think had the actor who plays Rumlow listed as returning, so there is some indication that the organization will make an appearance of sorts. Though I do believe this will probably be the final film for Hydra to be involved. After this it seems like it would be time to shift towards preparing for Thanos to arrive, which is really the endgame for phase 3. In phase 3 there will be GotG and Thor: Ragnarok, both of which the movies for have been tied to infinity stones in their plot. As to the other phase 3 films, I don't see Black Panther or Captain Marvel tying into preparing for Thanos, and Inhumans comes out after the Infinity War films.

With all that said though, AoS will most likely start building up towards Civil War. I think it is likely that Ward will probably make life as difficult as possible for everyone else on the show and play a part into building into the events for Civil War on the show. They have pretty much set him up to be one, if not the, main antagonists for the first half of next season at least.

8. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Hydra still has some big characters left. Not sure if Madam Hydra/Viper is being saved for a movie or if the show could use her. If the show uses her that would seem to indicate the movies are dropping Hydra as a movie threat. If she doesn't show up in the show I'd assume they are saving her to be the villain in a future movie with Hydra resurgent

pronker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Wasn't Viper was in The Wolverine too? ahhhh! The complications!

Anyway, I think when AoS is all said and done (or up for contract renegotiations) I believe the uber Big Bad of the series will be Grant Ward so having him run Hydra is a way to keep him in that place.

They could always bring Dr. List back, he was neat and had more lines / menace in his AoS appearances than his 3 or 4 lines in Age of Ultron. I think he was one of the random goons who were subdued by Iron Man at the start of the flick.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm pretty sure List died in AOU.

The finale also has me doubting whether Whitehall will return now- I had hoped that his healing factor would kick it but now that we know Jiyang's abilities were tied to life-siphoning, I'm not sure how that would work for him. We're never given any indication that his deaging had any vampiric qualities, so maybe he got the healing factor without the energy transfer needed?

I guess what I'm saying is: he's not dead until we see him in battle armor and that helmet at least once, as far as I concerned... :D

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm thinking Whitehall is done. I think they want to move towards an antagonist that is original to the show. But, it is a comic book based show so you never know. ;)

BigAl6ft6 and pronker like this.
  12. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Upon rewatch, major angst alert when
    Fitz is flustered asking Simmons for a dinner date, leans nervously/casually on the lock containing the Big Black Lavalamp, thus unlatching it. Upon his departure to Make Big Plans, she reaches to latch it, then ...:_|

Healer_Leona and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Technically, yes. But it was an entirely different character from the comics version. Marvel could get away with using her since she started out as a Cap villain before she moved onto other foes and had clashes with Wolverine during his solo adventures, as well as the various X-teams in general.

pronker, GenAntilles and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I'd like to know why there were no alarms or sensors to alert anyone that it was unlocked. I mean come in. Local museums have more security for their hometown relics.

Lazy Storm Trooper and pronker like this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I love the idea of the Kree object being a symbiote, kinda works too. I had this odd "Portal to another dimension" vibe from it, though. Doctor Strange in the pipeline, time to ramp up the magic in the MCU?

pronker and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Can you expand on the portal stuff, Al?

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Despite Skye's new martial skills I am glad it looked like May would have beat her if not for Skye's power. I love seeing Skye and May beat the hell out of people.

Good grief, Palicki is gigantic compared to most of the cast. Ward used her to set a Bobbi-trap, har har.

So, Skye's mom is Selene/not-Selene? Wink wink say no more. Next thing you know there will be this dude named Jason Winters who can shoot Optoid Blasts from his eyes. He'll be the leader of the A-People with such characters as Badger, Big Metal Guy, Ghost-Girl, and Fire-Bird Lass...she's from Phoenix, Arizona.

The only appearance of Mr Hyde I have in comics is where he went against Daredevil in the usual "Normal fights superstrength because super strength is too slow". But it's cool they brought him in. His look and mannerisms reminded me of the old man hulk from the 70's tv series.

[​IMG]

So that was Multiple Man but girl? Fun fact I found in a recap; that was Palicki's stunt double.

So, Hell's Hydras?

18. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hmmm, Cal is now
    a veterinarian with Adoption Days, so will we see Lockjaw soon??[face_chicken]

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    You know the Whedons don't allow lasting happy/healthy romantic relationships in their shows, right? After Simmons awkwardly indicating that she had feelings for Fitz, and then Fitz asking Simmons out, I was like "Whellllp...something bad is about to happen to one of them. Probably Simmons, since something happened to Ftiz last season finale."

21. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    The Whedons are U-boats to shipping.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  23. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

Makes sense that May would have beat her if not for the Quake powers given that May likely was the one to teach Skye those martial arts skills. May's the kind that probably would keep a thing or two in her back pocket in case she needed to take the student out.;)

Yep, pretty much. The only couple on a Whedon run show that ever got any sort of happily ever after was Victor/Sierra on Dollhouse, and let's face it, that's probably only because Fox killed the show in it's second season.

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Not just that, but May's been doing this for years and Skye's only had like a year under her belt. She's good, but it takes time and continual practice to reach the level of someone like May.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.