main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Tatooine_native

Tatooine_native Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2003

I read a short interview with the actress who plays Simmons and she said that she doesn't know what's coming up, but that she got a 'transportation device' vibe from the it all.

pronker and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    They eventually melt it down and it terrorizes a bunch of teens on a lake.

pronker, BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Simmons could terrorise me down by a lake any time.

DarthIshyZ and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Interestingly, the clip on ABC's website describes it alternatively as "the alien force" and "the alien entity" attacking Simmons.

Not sure how much we can read into that, but it's possible it is some insight into the intentions of the artifact 'a nature.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Well, if the artifact was supposed to destroy the Inhumans, maybe it will turn Simmons into a living weapon!

Enter the MCU Kree Sentry! :D

BigAl6ft6 and The2ndQuest like this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yay, Mack is a regular in Season 3!

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    He's the guy who kills Season 3. But in a good way.

8. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Anybody ever have the odd experience of watching Agents of SHIELD, and then during commercial breaks have Nick Fury come on to ask you what's in your wallet?

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Man, I love Clark Gregg and his comic geekiness...

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...-of-shield-season-3-civil-war-secret-warriors

"I have no idea [what will happen] and, even if I did, I couldn't tell you," Gregg said of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." season three. "I guess what I can say... is what I know from the end of season two. The rogue element of the Inhumans has been more or less defeated and it seems like Coulson's trying to bring his beloved Skye, who is more or less fully realized as Quake, into a new super secret team of powered agents, which very much sounds like something I know from the comics as 'Secret Warriors,' which is very exciting. It's a really cool kind of rogue... quiet part of S.H.I.E.L.D. that gets very involved in some of the goingson that happen around 'Civil War,' which is the 'Captain America 3' film that's shooting right now, which is a truly great chapter in Marvel Comics."

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    So, so awesome. I'm still blown away by how a comic that only ended a few years ago has not only been partly adapted to a feature film but also effectively 2-3 seasons of TV.

[​IMG]

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Is that an official poster?!?

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yep, from Marvel's social media

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    That poster has me looking forward to Season 3. However, I'm thinking we won't see the actual Secret Warriors until after Captain America: Civil War drops. If I'm wrong, I hope the storyline builds up to Civil War as I thought Season 2's connection to the MCU's Age of Ultron was pretty lame. Agent Carter felt a stronger tie to Age of Ultron with Peggy finding one of the Red Room Academy facilities.

Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Bit of a bummer thinkpiece how Marvel movies & TV don't exactly play nice.

http://screenrant.com/agents-of-shield-carter-season-2-3-marvel-tv-feud/

It it does point out how Agent Carter was headlined more by the Marvel Movie Studios section and AoS is more of a Marvel TV decision. I just see it as "movies have long prep time, TV shows have shorter prep time, TV guys find out what is happening in movies and write around it."

I will say, I think big guns like Daredevil, Punisher & especially Wilson Fisk over in "Daredevil" would be awesome assets to be used by the movie side of production. Fisk fights Spidey all the time, do that! The AoS crew are off in a bit of a bubble that reacts to the movies, and Agent Carter is in the past, but they can bounce around the movies - the Red Room setup in AC worked reallllllly well in AoU.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's not new that Feige doesnt care for the television side. It's probably fair to say that not all film watchers watch the show, but a vast majority of show watchers watch the film, so the show has to beat that drum. And in season one it was pure brilliance, to have such a shifting. The season two link was pretty weak. I'm hoping the show doesn't have to pander every season, and only when it's relevant and meaningful. I probably won't get my wish, but there you go.

16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Or change the channel and see him asking to have a bite of your tasty burger?

17. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    So I've been binge watching season 2 since it hit Netflix. I'm past the halfway point so far and, yes, the plotting and pacing has been a considerable improvement over season 1. This thread has anyway spoiled me on much of the Inhuman shenannigans and it's been captivating so far. The NuSHIELD stuff, not so much. But Edward James Olmos makes it somewhat tolerable at least.

So they're was an Inhuman or Kree settlement under my hometown this whole time. Who knew?

Kyle McLachlan is awesome. But jeez, couldn't they have thrown a bit more money to have him "Hulk-out" into his Mr. Hyde persona?

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Oh, you sweet summer child...

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    No, I haven't gotten through all the season yet. I thought they only did some cheesy make up stuff?

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hmm, so I guess that means SHIELD does have cybernetic limb technology.

22. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Considering it is in the same universe as Iron Man, Hellicarriers, and all the other tech, there was doubt?

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think Coulson even mentioned getting one in the finale. Not to mention there's Deathlok tech as well.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    As long as Coulson's new hand can turn into a lazer blaster ala Megatron, I am okay with that. You think he's gonna be rocking a Luke Skywalker in Jedi one black glove look or they'll try to make it look like a sci-fi robot limb?

Revanfan1 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  25. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Make his arm a compact Destroyer gun. That would be perfect.