main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

I have to think to save money on budget that he'll wear a glove most of the time. Otherwise, that's going to be one costly effect to have in every episode. But if this is an indication for Season 3, at least Simmons looks mostly ok.

Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Unless that's not Simmons but a liquid metal KreeInhumanTerminator using Simmons form for infiltration...

3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would be very okay if Simmons came back as basically a Terminator. They've been making her darker throughout S2 but I still had a hard time buying it due to how chipper she was in S1. If they throw in "she got sucked into the space alien thing, came out evil" that would, somehow, make more sense to me for her character to change.

4. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I guess I'm the opposite. I'd like for her trip to wherever to have made her more compassionate and willing to help Skye and her Secret Warriors. I don't want evil! Simmons since we already have the awesomely evil Ward and the always suspicious of everyone May. Part of what made Fitz and Simmons so great is how they always stood up for what's right. Fitz was really the MVP in the later half of this season as he was the only one to help Skye and protect her while the rest focused on containment and cure. I get that Simmons was shook up after Mack's transformation and Trip's death, but hopefully whatever happens to her will give her a different perspective on things.

5. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think some people were thinking it could be a parasite like venom, which would be interesting and I could buy easily. I could buy her darker, revenge motivated transformation to degree given what Ward did to Fitz at the end of S1 to a degree.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Some details about early S3- nothing specific just general timing of information reveals:

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    The cast has confirmed a couple of new details about the upcoming third season of "Agents of SHIELD" during this week's Television Critics Association press tour. The premiere begins with a big time jump, with the fate of the rock-engulfed Simmons to be revealed early and said to be more ambitious than many of the cast expected.

We'll also see what happens to her quite early in the season with the second episode said to be incredibly CG-heavy. With Hydra dismantled it won't have much play in the new season, but Coulson will be out more in the field."

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That bit about
    HYDRA not having much play this season gives me reason to suspect that it is part of "Civil War".

Healer_Leona and jabberwalkie like this.
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Excellent! The commentator below the article that suggests they use it as an excuse to adapt Fraction's Hawkeye series with Lance instead gets my vote.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Marvel's Most Wanted? But Mockingbird is such a good name for a spy series... :(

Healer_Leona and Juliet316 like this.
  11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Muppets Most Wanted > Marvel's Most Wanted

But I'll still watch every episode.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

If they do it like one of the greatest covers in Marvel history, I'm down...

[​IMG]

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I saw a fan made poster based on Fraction's run on Hawkeye, which starred Audrey Plaza as Kate Bishop. I thought that would be an amazing Netflix series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As for Bobbi getting a spinoff series, that makes sense on a couple levels for me. One, it looks like Agents of SHIELD is heading down the Secret Warriors path this season which means Bobbi probably wouldn't have much to do with the team and two, it's about time that Mockingbird raises above the level as just another SHIELD Agent. I mean, she should be considered as an Avenger level hero much like Black Widow and Hawkeye. I really hope Bobbi's spinoff series takes the character in that direction.

BigAl6ft6, The2ndQuest and pronker like this.
  14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I am completely ok with Audrey Plaza in anything.

15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    The problem is that there's only so much room for characters on the main show. There are already quite a few and if we're going to be adding more, then it'll become more and more difficult to give everyone sufficient screentime. Also, where would Bobbi and Hunter reasonably fit into a show that's becoming much more Quake/Inhumans-centric apparently? Seriously, Mack and Lincoln are apparently getting more prominent roles, they're introducing the Secret Warriors, and even Simmons has, whatever is going on there.

So giving them their own show, while still giving them a presence on the main show, seems like a decent idea to me.

16. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Still say AOS needs him.

[​IMG]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Punishinator? ;)

18. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Old Howling Commando, recruited to train the AOS team.

Plus killing Hydra with an M60[face_cowboy]

19. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

Oh man, and I just pictured his intro to the show. Now, I'm big on the fact that in the alternate universe where this would happen, that Arnold would be a character, not a caricature. A serious role. Not something out of Expendables.

However, I can't resist the image of having his first episode adapt the first 20 minutes of Commando. Coulson and May go to meet him in his house up in the hills. Coulson ask him to come back. Arnold refuses. As Coulson and May leave, Hydra attacks, and we get some classic action. Difference this time is that the good guys win, and Arnold decides to come back.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  20. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    That could actually work. Plus, maybe being in a medium he hasn't spent too much time in would do Arnold's stock some good. It's had various payoffs for other film actors who've decided to do TV when filmwork dried up (Charlie Sheen, Kevin Bacon, Christian Slater, etc.,)

BigAl6ft6 and pronker like this.
  21. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007

I think so, too. It'd be fun to see the action.

And, fandom jumping here:cool: , but he'd make a good Rahm Kota in some form of Star Wars TV show.

22. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003

Well he has had some TV experience :)

pronker likes this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    S3 official synopsis:

Many months after their war with a rogue group of Inhumans, the team is still reeling. Coulson is again trying to put the pieces of his once revered organization back together while also dealing with the loss of his hand. His confidante and second in command, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen), has yet to return from an impromptu vacation with ex-husband Andrew (Blair Underwood); deadly superspy Agent Bobbi Morse (Adrianne Palicki) is recovering from her traumatic torture at the hands of Grant Ward (Brett Dalton); Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) is obsessed with discovering the truth behind the mysterious disappearance of Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge); and all are on high-alert for the next move from Ward and Hydra.
    But bigger threats loom ahead, setting the stakes even higher for the Agents, including the spread of Terrigen, an alien substance that unlocks superhuman abilities in select individuals; the emergence of new Inhumans who cannot yet control nor understand their powers; the rise of a new government organization that will go toe-to-toe with S.H.I.E.L.D.; the unknown properties of the massive alien Kree monolith, which has taken one of their own; and the constant threat of a rebuilt Hydra terrorist organization under S.H.I.E.L.D. traitor Grant Ward, who is making it his personal mission to take down Coulson and S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Coulson, with the help of Daisy and Mack (Henry Simmons), will work to slowly assemble a team that is stronger than ever before, combining the highly skilled Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. with powered individuals in the hopes of protecting the innocent in a world where the balance of power is ever-shifting, and new dangers are constantly emerging.

24. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I might actually give the show another chance.

but where the hell is Madame Hydra?

25. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    She's busy hydrating.