main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    If Tahiti is somehow tied in to what happened to Coulson, then it's not got an obvious comic canon parallel; the only thing of note that happened there was a business proposition in some Spider-Man comics, related to the Great Game, a sub-arc from (ugh) the Clone Saga.

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    I wonder if Marvel's allowed to use Clones?:confused:

The2ndQuest: Given Whedon's penchant for recurring characters, there's likely a chance that she could return. I did like the expression she had as she walked out the door, like "Alright boys go ahead with your fighting, I'm outta here."

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't see why not- unlike mutants with X-men, clones are not the base concept (or even a main concept) of Spider-Man. Plus it's a much more common scientific term/concept.

I also can't see Sony hardlining Marvel over a facet utilized in the second most unpopular Spider-Man story in history- a story Sony would never waste money adapting. ;)

EDIT- I also just realized that SHIELD should have the "3rd Party Shooter" in custody now (May didn't kill him, just knocked him out). One would imagine something useful on Centipede would come from him.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I keep hoping it's a CENTIPEDE instead of a Centipede. :D

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A wizard brought him back to life.

And that wizard was Dr. Strange.

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Nah, Dr. Strange isn't likely to be behind it. He's not big on necromancy or meddling with Muggles, so necromancy on Muggles is right out.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also, they're unlikely to step on the toes of a DS movie's development- and I somehow doubt they're counting on stretching AOS out to 4-5 seasons just so they can tie into a movie that might be happening.

(not that AOS couldn't run for 4+ seasons easily, given the wealth of material they can tap into, it's just unlikely any network show would count on being around for that long)

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I can't picture any character who ever starred in their own book to show up in AOS before the movies. I think we'll see D-listers at best.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think we'll see AIM, HYDRA, and Centipede/C.E.N.T.I.P.E.D.E. as major antagonists.

I'd love to see Luke Cage and Iron Fist in it, but considering rumours of a Heroes for Hire movie that have been swirling around forever...I dunno.

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I dunno- almost everyone has had their own book at some point ;).

I think we can safely rule out any characters that might be appearing in a movie.

11. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Right, I've figured out the first big AoS debut character:
    [​IMG]

12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Is it because Coulson is a filthy little Mudblood?

RC-1991 likes this.
  13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yeah, I did. I had a phone call just after they talked about his return and it didn't end until fifteen minutes later. When I watched it last night on On Demand, I caught that part.

I doubt it. Film actors are aware that television budgets don't afford the type of salaries that a film does. They would have to be paid much less, which is why the footage from "The Avengers" was cut the way it was. That said, I'm sure that Sam Jackson would appear for half a million to a million dollars, for three days work. Especially since he wants to put in a guest appearance. He'd be very reasonable there.

Though it's too late now, if "The Winter Soldier" had room for a scene with Fitz and Simmons, then they could cameo. Likewise, Whedon could have them in "Age Of Ultron", which I wouldn't put it past him to do. I suspect by April, footage of "Iron Man 3" will be shown with regards to explaining how
    Extremis wound up in someone's hands outside of Stark and Killian.
    Though said footage would probably consist of something like the attack on Stark's house, or part of the final battle.

I wouldn't rule out Mark Ruffalo appearing.

Or a clone.

They didn't have to be there. Just like they weren't there in Harlem, when the Hulk was tearing it up with the Abomination.

I knew about him, but I never knew that's what his full costume was.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I could be wrong- but there might be footage of the pier battle from IM3 on SHIELD's vidscreens in the pilot.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    It's possible that cameo appearances in SHIELD could be part of that boatload of money Marvel/Disney shelled out to RDJ to continue playing Tony.

16. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I only noticed the Hulk from "Incredible Hulk" and "Iron Man 2" footage, on the monitors. There wouldn't be much of Thor, outside of the city battle. Same with Cap.

17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Nawp. Strange tends to deal with mystical stuff. He just leaves "Muggle stuff" to the "Muggles." He might be inclined to get involved with Loki if Loki were to come after him first, but that's about as close as it gets, and as far as it goes.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I got to see it and was basically happy.

"He can never know". That might not be Coulson just because of that line.

Had to look up Travis McGee.

This show feels like X-Files if it were written by Stan Lee.

19. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I would love a Stark cameo (time to add that to the list).

20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

True. But it could be the Ancient One or Clea. Doesn't necessarily HAVE to be Strange. Could be magic users that SHIELD employs.

21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Could also be an infinity gem ...

22. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Has everyone forgotten what an a** Coulson was to Jane in Thor??
    Has everyone forgotten what an a** SHIELD and especially Black Widow were to Tony Stark in IM2 ???

I don't like shady government agencies......

23. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Finally watched the pilot. It was pretty fun, which was really all I wanted and hoped for. Most of the actors really haven't gotten into their parts yet, but I expect that'll get better after a few more episodes. I will be watching on Tuesdays from now on.

24. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Pretty much the only thing I liked about the show was Maria Hill and the two Brits.

Everyone else was annoying and cliché

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Though they did take her research and equipment, they did give it back to her and basically help fund her work afterwards.

And I seem to recall the Director of SHIELD taking time out of his Hulk-Smash day to sit down in a diner with Tony, give him an apparently advanced medical treatment before providing him crates full of secret research documents.

Sure, Black Widow was observing Stark for Avengers evaluation, but I hardly say that was being negative towards him.