main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Wait, didn't Contessa die in the second half of Season 2? I just assumed she was the Hydra lady who drank the Obelisk-extract champagne.

2. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

I believe that was the Baroness

3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I don't want her as a villainess at all. It'd be so cliché. Plus we already did that fakeout once earlier on this season.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    The Contessa is not a villainess. She's someone who's worked as a triple agent for diverse agencies under assumed identities and who's "the girl" of the Director of SHIELD. Sounds familiar?

5. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    This show is on its 3rd season now. Where is the holiday episode?[face_party]

6. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Not to mention with that evil Inhuman on the planet they now have the perfect person to play the Ghost of Christmas Future role if they do a Christmas Carol homage episode.

7. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Bwahahahha, G.A.! Meta thinking it, November is out because it's Sweeps Month and we need Big Goings On and therefore fluffy stand alone eps are not gonna happen. Hiatus takes care of Christmas ... maybe a jolly St. Patrick's Day ep?[face_good_luck]

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well this episode has just been all kinds of great.

Abadacus likes this.
  9. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    didn't expect the beginning of this episode.....

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, that episode was great. It's insane that this season is still less than halfway done- they've fit so much into it so far.

Also,
    gotta love the Evil SGC vibe.... Jack vs Ward would be amusing... though I suppose that's not much different than Coulson vs Ward...

And clearly Ward takes time off to watch films like Fury Road...

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Yeah I had so many Stargate flashbacks with the portal and Ward being an evil version of O'Neill.

also loved this tweet someone sent "Coulson wanted Ward so bad he dove into a portal at Mach 5 to kill him using the sole force of his hurtling body."[face_laugh]

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Ha, Coulson's plan be all like:

[​IMG]

13. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    That was my favorite episode of AoS so far I think. It pulled off all the twists and turns very well.

I'm sure gonna miss Rosalind though. :(

14. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Awesome episode.

Rosalind and Banks biting it in the episode wasn't unexpected, but her dying that early on was surprising and it really set the tone for the rest of the episode. Colson was like a man possesed tonight and is walking a fine line. Here's hoping that Colson can finish the fight with Ward. With everything that has been done with Ward, I'm beginning to feel that his story is coming to a close.

15. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Man they did Abigail I mean Rosalind wrong didn't they?

This episode was fantastic!

16. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    Guess I've seen too many Whedon shows :p

Not a minute into their dinner I said "One of them is dead" though I didn't expect to also lose Statham Banks. Very excited to be returning to the mystery planet.

pronker likes this.
  17. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Watched next week's preview again just now. Looks like it will be pretty fast paced for next week.

Also, here's an interview with Clark Gregg from The Hollywood Reporter. It does contain spoilers from last night's episode if you haven't seen it yet. Plus this comment by Gregg was interesting:

Are we going to see this rash, emotional side of Coulson stick around for a while, or will he eventually calm down and go back to the calm and restrained Coulson we know?
    It's going to get worse before it gets better. It will get darker. What has been unleashed by the events of tonight's episode is not something that is going to be resolved quickly or easily. This determined, enraged Agent Coulson is going to be around for a while.

So as if it wasn't already apparent, I wonder how far down the rabbit hole Coulson will go to get Ward.
    Link to article.

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I use to want Grant to redeem himself when turned, but now, I like it where he is and the path his character has taken. It's just so much more interesting. I didn't think I would like Agents of SHIELD that didn't really involve Daisy.

20. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think the only way Ward could redeem himself at this point, is if he does something heroic and dies in the process.

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I think that
    the Inhuman will either possess Ward or Will.

22. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    The Inhuman can possess people? You know what, I think I believe you. The last time someone here came up with a theory completely out of the blue, I was skeptical, and they turned out to be 100% right.

23. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

It does make sense...

Hydra has been sending 'sacrifices' to the Inhuman all this time.

How did it survive all these years? It has food and water sure, but eventually old age should've killed it. If the 'sacrifices' are giving it a new host to possess it will explain it's long life and the reason Hydra keeps sending people through for no reason.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I really liked that episode, it was kind of like an episode of "24" but with more interdimensional portals. Putting Rosalin in a fridge is kind of an easy way to ramp up Coulson's rage but I always like a good senseless TV murder-ing and monolouging by the baddie. Also, if Coulson made Mack The Director, isn't he supposed to pass along the glowy cube of knowledge that Fury gave him?

It would be funny if Coulson flat-out died on Planet X after he smashed his head into a rock. Team Ward can walk by his corpse and be like, "Huh..."

And I do agree that Ward's plot seems to be ramping up, they usually don't bust out plotlines from 2 seasons ago if the character isn't going someplace final. Also Ward can't just keep picking off agents / loved ones for 3 more seasons. I'm thinking either Ward gets killed or maybe he gets "powered up" so HYDRA, or at least Ward, will have a powered main player on their side. Superpowered Ward V Daisy: Dawn of Angst.

25. Alpha-Red

Apr 25, 2004
    Btw, am I the only one who still thinks of her as "Skye"? I think for me, whenever someone changes their name, whether in fiction or real life, my brain just goes "does not compute". I still think of them by their old name,

Juliet316 likes this.