main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    After Daisy said that someone on their team and then after that inhuman dude (can't remember his name, the bad guy from Hawaii Five-O) got out and went after Fitz, I thought it was gonna be him. So glad I was wrong. I don't see any of those three (May, Fitz, or Simmons) dying off. I think it will be one of Daisy's Secret Warriors.

Any thoughts to how Cap 3 is gonna change Agents of SHIELD, if any?

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Loved how they set up Malik as the one to die and then it's his daughter. I knew something was up when she got all cozy with Hive as I just don't see him being interested in her that way. I'm hoping it's Lincoln that is killed off, just don't care for him.

3. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Giyera is played by Mark Dacascos.

Yeah I don't think it will be any of those three either. I think Ming Na is pretty popular, and I don't see anything else they can do with Fitz and Simmons other than torturing them more. Fitz already had to go through that rehab phase to get to where he is, and his character has changed pretty significantly. Simmons is seemingly still recovering from being on the other world psychologically and I think anything happening to Fitz would probably just break her. I don't see Daisy or Coulson biting it. Mack I don't know, but at least we got shotgun axe finally amiright? If they kill him off, it will be to make room for the Secret Warriors and propel Daisy forward in some way.

I do think Lincoln is going to **** over the team though. As a friend of mine said, all of Daisy's love interests must be evil.

At this point, I have no ideas on how Cap 3 will effect AoS. Though depending on how overt they are going to be with Daisy and the Secret Warriors using their powers, I could see that sending them deeper underground. From what I've been reading, outside of the Sokovia Accords most of the events of Cap 3 sound like they will be pretty limited to just the film. Whatever happens with the Accords is going to affect the characters on the show, and until we have the movie, I don't know if we know how it will.

4. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I think Mack is a prime candidate to be killed off (which is too bad, I've grown to like him), along with some of the Secret Warriors. And yeah, I don't trust Lincoln...he knows a lot more than he lets on. I wonder how much President Ellis will be involved in how the Sokovia Accords and all that affects SHIELD.

5. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I think if someone's going to die...well, Lincoln seems a fair bit more expendable than the rest of the cast. If somehow, God forbid, it's May, Fitz or Simmons, here's my pre-emptive

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, why did Malick's daughter kiss Ward? Ugh. Kill her off, fine, but don't make her do weird crap like that.

6. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    She was obviously..... attracted..... to him.

7. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Given that this is a Whedon-produced story, and happy/functional couples are not allowed in Whedon stories, my money is on Fitz or Simmons. Probably within 2 episodes of them finally getting together.

8. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Well...

Think Daisy just became the prime suspect for the death slot

9. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    She won't die this season. I think Lincoln elevated some, in a round about way. He will die to save her and defeat Hive. Though, what would be interesting is to make her be Hive's right hand or puppet for a time.

Jedi Merkurian and QueenSabe7 like this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Can someone tell me what happened:

1) At the beginning,
    2) At the end.

The only time I hate the NY primary...

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    DAHHHHHH!!! Election coverage interruptions! DAHHHHHHH!!!

Anyone who had an airing that didn't interrupt these scenes mind filling me in?

-The intro, first shot I have is Yo-yo looking up at the sky and taking out her earbud.

-After the mid point commercial break (the explosion) up until about 40 minutes in , picking up with a brief section of Yo-yo asking "Are we going to have to fight these two first?".

-The above scene then cuts out when Daisy mentions the secret elevator and resumes with Lincoln electrocuting Coulson holding the orb.

12. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I pretty much got interrupted at the same point on the first one, though I don't think much happened.

I didn't see everything either, but
    Coulson and company tried to detain the Secret Warriors, who just fled into the room and showed some disunity, nothing crucial, and the bit with Daisy mentioning the secret elevator just led to Daisy leading the rest of the Secret Warriors to that room and the accusation that Lincoln was compromised.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Good, together we can piece together the whole episode! ;)

14. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    No.

No.

No.

Your predictive powers have served you very well up until now, but this time you have gone too far. Mind control or not, they are not going to kill Daisy...she's the freaking main character of the show.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Heh, I may be inclined to agree but I've seen 4 main female characters killed off in the past few weeks at this point on other shows, so main character status doesn't seem to be what it used to be.

16. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  17. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    Is that... Is that actually Clark Gregg?

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, they announced that lip sync battle between him and Hayley a few weeks ago (probably inspired by the vine dubsmash war between the AC crew and AOS crew last year)

EDIT- Some standalone preview clips of the battle:

And the epic dubsmash war that inspired it:

19. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

If there is going to be a death in these last few episodes, personally I really hope Lincoln goes out of anyone that's on the show right now. I've always found him grating and slightly annoying, going out saving Daisy would be a good end for him. I really enjoyed the twist with Daisy... I hope they play this out for a little before she is inevitably saved. Seeing her and Hive/Ward working together again, however twisted it may be, would be interesting.

Oh and, Jemma and Fitz... finally!

20. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Okay, really? Why'd it have to be Daisy? I was so hoping it was Lincoln or one of the other expendable crewmen from Daisy's Inhuman team. I'm so ready to be done with Lincoln. This finale is gonna be good! I wonder if its gonna have as big of a cliff hanger as the previous season did?

21. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    Because they just NEED to get Ward and Daisy back together again... lol

22. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    And the only way Ward can do that is trough mind control. Lame :p

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Kill Lincoln. Kill Lincoln. Kill Lincoln. Like they're desperately trying to make him dark and interesting and he just comes off as more whiny and more shouty. The rest of the cast works together great, he sticks out like a sore thumb with no chemistry and the emotional range of wood.

But, man oh man, that Daisy mind controlled twist was fan-tastic. Didn't see it coming and Bennet played it wonderfully (I love the smile at the end) and it was a super powerful moment (literally, hah!) to end the ep. Yes, Daisy was mind-controlled but she crushed Mallick's brain with her super-powers. Mind control or not, that's hard to just handwave away. One thing this show has going for it is the twists are usually pretty great and this was one of the better ones. Not quite up there with the Ward twist (I mean, really, what is) but it's good.

side note from three seasons ago, I still think the Ward twist is so very awesome because in context of Winter Solider it puts an emotional face to the HYDRA twist. It's not quite as personal in the Winter Solider movie. Sure, the Bucky thing is very personal and does work but the actual SHIELD is HYDRA twist of Winter Solider I think gets an extra amount of personal pathos if you take AoS into account.

Don't kill Ward! Well, okay, they did kill him but don't kill off a evil character played by Brett Dalton. (Although he's way past his Nine Lives at this point and I can't see them keeping SuperPoweredWard / Hive on the baddie roster beyond the S3 finale because at some point he does become an Avengers-level threat)

24. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Honestly...
    with Daisy starting to go Magneto in her philosophy, her becoming one of the right hands of an ancient powerful immortal who transfers his essence from one host to another and can mind control members of his people to serve him, and wants to destroy the world and remake it for the strong and worthy(cough movie Apocalypse)... it is rather fitting in a way she's now one of Hive's Horsemen.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001

YES. I cannot agree more. [face_praying]

Abadacus and BigAl6ft6 like this.