main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Good episode. I think Hive-Daisy is really interesting to watch. I'm loving how she and Ward Hive are interacting... creepy and not creepy at the same time. When she leaned her head on his shoulder I had a brief "Aww" moment before checking myself lol. Daisy totally breaking out the Force-choke on Simmons was rather shocking. I thought for a moment she would break and realize what she was doing. Coulson's shield was BA, of course.
    On the other side of things, Lincoln reached a new level of annoying to me this episode. I wanted to pat Coulson on the back when he gave him the "murder vest" and basically told him "we're saving Daisy at all costs, May will most likely kill you. K thanks". [face_whistling]

As of right now I think the death this season will be either Mack or Lincoln. Coulson, May, and Daisy are all safe IMO. Gemma and Fitz are in the danger zone though because you know... characters being happy together usually means disaster is imminent (I really hope that's not the case for them).

BTW, I was definitely eating dinner when Simmons stabbed that guy's eyeball. Terrible timing, I tell you.

BigAl6ft6 and pronker like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah! It was bugging me trying to figure out who Dr. Radcliffe was but just a minute ago I turned on The Mummy and I'm like "oh duh, it's John Hannah!"

3. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    So what's the deal with the woman who can copy herself?

With her copies dead, can she make new ones or is that it? Does she have some of secondary power or now just genetically Inhuman without any actual powers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I was wondering the same thing- they seemed to make a point of the toll the loss of the first one had on her- and she only had two left in this episode and now they're both dead.

I mean, I kinda want them to say she can't make any more, as that would make Hive just that much more despicable and horrifying. It'd be one of the more nastier things done by a villain outside of Kilgrave.

5. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I thought she can make more copies, but she needs time to rest inbetween them dying. If one dies it takes a mental toll on her. But I don't see why she couldn't keep making more, I don't recall any other duplicating character having a set limit. I mean the copies aren't always out there, she has to split them off from her. How many did she have last season? Wasn't she all over the Iliad?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    (We probably don't need to use spoiler tags anymore)'

I think she had four on the Iliad. I don't think any of them died there but when Lash took one down we only saw two copy faces yell off of her face, implying there were only three left, now two.

And then last week we only see two copies left, who are both killed.

So she's used fewer and fewer as time goes on. I think it'd be refreshing for a copy ability to have a set limit. That would imply she has either one copy left (though odd that she wouldn't have used it last week) or she lost a copy before she encountered Lash.

While there's no reason to think there are limits, there's no reason to think that there aren't- we are talking about replicating full, living body mass.

7. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    I wonder what's gonna happen in the town that Hive bought...

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I wonder if Daisy is really happy being part of Hive. I mean, that's the thing with the X-Men, disenfranchised mutants looking for a family. Supposedly, Daisy has found a family with Hive.

I'm thinking Yo-Yo is the dead SHIELD agent on the space station because of the floating cross. However, I'm sure that's a misdirection. And if it is, I'm thinking it could be Mack as he seems to be the closest to Yo-Yo.

9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Mack finally got his shotgun axe so his prospects for survival may be dire. Don't kill Mack, he's the most likable the Season 2 newbies (Yes, I'm saying Mack is more likable than Bobbi and Hunter).

Abadacus likes this.
  10. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    I like Mack significantly more than I did Bobbi and Hunter.
    I'd (obviously) still watch the show if they killed him off, but I still hope it's someone else.

11. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Have you seen the show or...?

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Nope. Never watched one episode.

13. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I thought probably not.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Maybe you should enlighten me on the show then.

15. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    It's very complicated. The Big Bad controls Inhumans with his super powers. You probably wouldn't get it. It's very subtle. Blink and you'll miss it.

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I really can't imagine Daisy is happy being part of Hive, she wants an Inhuman "family" sure, but not one formed by force/mind control.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Oh, just like the Borg, huh?

It's not like the show might go into a different angle than the obvious and perhaps have the Hive mind control reveal some inner thoughts of the actual character. I mean, there's that entire scene whether Daisy and Hive have a personal discussion about feelings while looking at the LA landscape. If Daisy wasn't in tune with her feelings and was totally mind controlled by Hive, what was the point of that scene?

18. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    wtf is a borg?

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's very complicated. But it's a very different "hive" mind control than the one in Agents of SHIELD.

20. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    When did he use borg? He's only used the one kind of mind control. Is he from a different show?

21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    You must have blinked and missed it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    You said it was different to the one on Agents of Shield, so he must have used it elsewhere.

23. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Just wanted to take a moment and say holy ****.
    "His spine, now drain it." Daisy, you truly have chosen a different path.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Some intense moments, though I'm disappointed there was no Civil War lead-in connection at all. Maybe next week.

25. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I am not expecting one at this point, and I'm frankly fine with that. The stories occurring between the two are separate enough that I'm not overly worried about it.