main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007

The end with him not fighting Lincoln and realizing he lost and just talking waiting for the end together was just incredible. One of the best villain moments ever, just a quiet conversation about humanity and how each understood that the other did what they thought was best for it.

2. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    To be fair, most of the first season was spent milling around waiting for the evens of Cap 2. Once that happened and all was revealed, then they could actually advance the plot of the show and not just do a case a week. The shift from then to now has been just nothing short of amazing. This finale really was an episode three years in the making.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It'll definitely feel weird without Ward next season. But it's kinda damned if they do, fanned if they don't. They can introduce the sixth version of Ward to avoid next season seeming out of place but at this point it would seem contrived to bring him back- and the actual act would call more attention to the Ward structure than his absence would.

4. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    Still 7 minutes untill it airs on the west coast >_<

5. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    As great as Ward has been as a nemesis, this was the right time for the various incarnations of Ward to depart. Hydra is done, Hive is done. It's time to move on to a new villain.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I unfortunately missed the last hour because my dad wanted to watch Person of Interest and the Royals game, not that I didn't want to watch either of those, I just really wanted to watch AoS, and it sounds like the last hour was great.

7. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    So, what is the speculation on who they might pull in for the Director of SHIELD next season? Judging by IMDB (not the best thing to use I know) both RDJ and Cobie Smulders look to be relatively free, but something tells me that's probably a no-go. Not too sure on who John Hannah will be playing, but I kind of doubt that he would be made the director.

8. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Do we know it's SHIELD? Could be HAMMER now for all we know. [/spoiler[

9. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Great point. They could head that direction I guess, but then they'd have to maybe stretch that story line out all the way to Infinity War which I have my doubts. Plus (reading the wiki), isn't also Norman Osborn pretty important to that story?

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

Well after Civil War in the comics we got HAMMER enforcing registration and the Dark Reign and all that, so since Daisy appears on the run from Registration and the Accords for being a freelance powered person, I could see the government bringing SHIELD into the light and reorganizing it and the ATCU into HAMMER, can imagine they'd put someone similar to Osborn in charge, or maybe someone who works for him.

Abadacus likes this.
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well, that was pretty good -- with basically everything on the Quinjet at the end being some of the best work they've done. Some thoughts...

It was very nervewracking trying to figure out who was going to die -- I like that we didn't lose anyone we liked, except...

... that scene with HiveWard and Lincoln was one of the best scenes in this show. Plus, we finally got the glorious full reveal of Hive's true form!

Literally clapped out loud and squeed at SHOTGUN AXE!!! "I built this damn thing for a reason!" Damn right, you did...

Curious for the S4 set-up.

Quest beat me to AIDA, but I think that was just an easter-egg reference -- I think we're going to get "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" next year, with takeover of key positions with LMDs and technology vs. people, security vs. freedom, etc. It's also possible it'll just be Livewires...

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Can I just take a moment to point out that
    Fitz killed a freaking Inhuman!? :eek:=D=

But yeah, damn, what a great finale.
    Who could have ever predicted the trajectory Ward/Ward's body would take over the course of the series. But man, just what a great final scene for Brett Dalton; knocked it out of the park.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, was it me, or...
    Was she trying to set her dad up with the dead-Inhuman's wife and kid? lol...

14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007

What? Cal's a great dad. :p

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No, it was awesome and funny, just unexpected...

16. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Next season will be Secret Invasion but with LMD takeovers instead of Skrull?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Very well done finale for sure.

-Really good tension in these episodes.
    -Lots of cool stuff too. The shotgun-axe was so sweet! Overall, Mack gets the award for most improved character this season IMO.
    -Part of me is disappointed that they chose to only kill off obvious candidates like Yo-Yo and Lincoln after all that hype, but man that final scene was really great. Going to miss Brett Dalton's stellar acting on the show a lot.
    -Daisy has never been my favorite, but her arc going forward looks like it'll still be rather interesting with the whole fugitive angle.

18. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Pretty sure Yo-Yo survived

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah. Final scene with Hive and Lincoln was great.

but ...

Hologram Coulson was my favorite part. And not just the Princess Leia bit, but also the Princes Leia bit

20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i thought that was a really good finale

and i'm sure glad Ward/Hive is finally gone

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Such a great finale
    The "hot potato" game was infuriating. I was NOT happy when May and Fitz were up there and Fitz had the jacket and necklace. Then he gave it to Daisy and I was thinking there was no way she could die. Then Lincoln blew up and I never quite saw how that happened (Hellfire I assume?) so then I rejoiced because it was clear he was the one to go since he knew about the vision. I had suspected it once he told Coulson he didn't want to be a SHIELD agent and once Hive was dealt with, he was out. But kudos to the writers for still keeping me guessing.

I had wanted to post an article earlier this week that basically cleared May from dying the entire time as the cast pointed out that May never wore the jacket. So I just kept watching and hoped May never put that jacket on and sure enough she was fine.

Now as to who the new director is:

1) Talbot
    2) New character
    3) Maria Hill
    4) May

My guess, Daisy leaving causes Coulson to get a bit obsessed as evidenced by the Quake board. It's not clear if he willingly stepped down or not. But given he's gone rogue before, I'd be surprised to see him still working for SHIELD if he didn't at least respect the new director. To me, that leaves May, Hill or yes even Talbot who I think he has as grudging respect for. I think we can easily rule out Tony or Nick because of how much money either actor would cost. I also have trouble seeing President Ellis just demote Coulson. I mean technically he still doesn't fully answer to the US. He's the shadow organization so his demotion would be weird in that way. But him stepping down makes a lot more sense. Will be interesting to see what the cause is.

22. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    In your face, GenAntilles! Daisy doesn't die!

Also, I think I called Lincoln's death a good while back so...I win again! :D

23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Mack? Coulson did make him the temporary Director when he went after Ward earlier in the season. Could be a similar thing, no? Can't remember if we say Mack in the Season 4 Preview / Daisy hunt or not

24. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    He was with Coulson in the S4 preview, giving him a sandwich.

25. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Correct he was. And Coulson definitely said "the director" when Mack was with him.