main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I think there's a chance they could get RDJ to film a cameo for SHIELD as part of his A2 filming (he did film that ABC TV spot with Fillion back when Avengers came out, albeit that was overtly promotional in nature, not content).

Worst case scenario? Iron Man could show up- he just doesn't pop the faceplate or say anything (or they reuse generic dialogue or unused alternate quips/takes from the 4 movies).

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd say worst case scenario would be Pepper Potts showing up.

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    She got on my nerves in The Avengers movie, acting like she was in charge of Stark Industries.

5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I would think by now she would be a shareholder.

6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    ...wasn't she in charge of Stark Industries? I mean that as pretty clearly shown in IM2.

Random Comments and s65horsey like this.
  7. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    Yeah I thought Stark was busy being Iron Man and gav power to Pepper or sold her a lot of stock.

8. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Pepper's the CEO I thought. Hence why Killian comes to see her about Extremis in Iron Man 3. Tony may still have a part in the company, but Pepper is running it.

And given that Gwyenth Paltrow did several tv appearances with Glee, definitely could see her showing up. But RDJ could also show up as he's no stranger to tv. Even if it's just a video call for example.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't see any of the Iron Man movies so who knows what I've missed, and it's not her being CEO that bothered me, it was something about her attitude towards Tony. The "12 percent" conversation early in the film made me want to slap her.

10. Volderon

Volderon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2007
    They could just show the Iron Man suit with the voice they used in Iron Man 1, it's not like he destroyed all his suits in Iron Ma..OH WAIT.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A wizard fixed all of his Iron Man suits, so it's all good.

12. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I am the only only one to be surprised when we found out Coulson was alive?

13. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
  14. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    They have never brought anyone back before this in the movies.

15. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    I think you need to watch the movies before you make judgements. That whole exchange was perfect for their characters and really it should have been Stark that you wanted to slap.

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I suspect that the "character one wants to slap" is a matter of taste. And I was not told that the first two Iron Man movies were prequels to The Avengers, in fact I was told specifically that I didn't need to watch them first. They are in my Netflix queue and I may get to them eventually.

17. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You were told correctly. They aren't prequels and you don't need to watch them. Iron Man 2 in particular is one of the worst Marvel superhero films that has been produced. I would probably advise skipping it.

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    ^^ Ironic like.

But yeah, watching the other MCU films does alter one's perceptions of certain parts of The Avengers.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Those can be the best kind. :p

20. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Yeah but obviously watching Iron Man where Potts become the CEO of Stark Industries (on Tony's demand that she does) is kinda important to realize that she actually deserves some credit especially considering how much she did to keep the company afloat when Tony was dying and not caring about anything.

21. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Exactly. I could probably think of some other stuff, but right now that's one of the most obvious ones.

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe S.H.I.E.L.D appearances where apart of that boatload of money they loaded in front of RDJ's house to keep him as Tony?

*coughSpock*cough*

23. Lazy Storm Trooper

Sep 18, 2012
    I would love if the show could tie TASM into it in some way.

The timeline looks like this anyways:

May 2011- The Avengers
    October 2012- TASM 1 & 2
    Late 2013- Agents of SHIELD/Iron Man 3

More than enough time for those films to take place and all TASM need is a reference in AoS or something...

24. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm not expecting miracles but I am expecting a decent hour of tv every week. Whedon being involved (the re-writes and more) is a plus.

25. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I wasn't going to watch this purely for the fact that I know Marvel are going to make 12 more TV shows after this one, and if I watch this one, I'll get sucked in.

But... this looks pretty awesome. Very glad they've gone for a 13-episode season, as opposed to 20-22 episodes. Hopefully, it'll result in higher quality episodes, and won't have to drag stuff out.