main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Go re-read the last post of the previous page.

Well, it was good to see them not beat around the bush with it, and make everything plain to see. I also get a feeling that it isn't going to end up being some big angsty thing going forward, and is more an insight into May than anything else.

pronker likes this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Yes? Are you?

EDIT:
    I agree. Also, it's sort of funny to read things here and then read Television Without Pity forums. It's like night and day on certain things...
    I do think there will end up being angst with Skye, but not on the part of May and Ward...

3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Rerun? Dammit.

4. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I've used the time to put in some serious Marvel movie watching this week: Thor the first and Captain America the first. Now to run down the sequels, along with The Avengers, and get used to seeing Coulson up there on the big screen. Actually, it's my laptop screen, which is small, but whatevs. It is at least a movie 'feel.':-B

laurethiel1138 likes this.
  5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Ughhhhh

We're back to the potential LMD then? Please no. I want Coulson to be Coulson. If they used some super duper tech to save him, fine. But let Coulson be Coulson!

Not a fun cliffhanger.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Given the tractor push and the comment about not beating Cap's time it appears the Super Soldier Serum has gone into the realms of super strength rather than peak of human potential.

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Strong men can push a vehicle in the real world. Cap and Skull can bend steel and destroy serious punching bags in a single punch. Blonsky could take a minor hit from the Hulk. The X-treme Football Training Camp with the tractor doesn't seem terribly superhuman by comparison.

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Ward failed a spot check when setting up. Otherwise a decent episode.

9. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Cap is also a unique specimen, due to his frozen state for so long, which would skew the results of any experiment. I wonder if cryogenic freezing plus the serum would make another subject with Cap's abilities?:-B

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    You know what I love about the tractor push scene -- my immediate thought (which probably meant that other people had those thoughts) was "Oh, great, they're setting up the team to get a Captain America" -- and then the "Not even close" reminds us that Captain America is Captain America; accept no substitutes. :)

11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I have seen World's Strongest Men competitions and all the large vehicle pulling contests. I just thought pushing what looked like the largest tractor ever across turf without the wheels turnign was over the top Spider Man level strength. True that the film Cap might be more like Ultimates Cap and be capable of throwing around a couple of tons. I was just trying to imagine a 1200 pound bench pressing comic Cap could do such a thing and it didn't jive in my mind as portrayed. BUT, here is a tractor push:

Trucks like this weigh 17,000 pounds without the trailer. It's on a road, the wheels are turning, he moved it. So, a lil more helpful suspension of disbelief for me.

12. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It's not so much the frozen nature, but the fact that the original formula was in its complete form. What Mike and the others have going is a close approximation which is coupled with Extremis and there you go. It's good, but not good enough. Hence Cap's record is unbroken and why he can go longer in battle without crashing.

That's probably part of it because last I read, Steve Rogers couldn't do jack to the Hulk and that was the merged persona. He had to rely on pressure points and leverage.

pronker likes this.
  13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    What if

Coulson is/becomes Ultron?

90% joking there, but ...

I am starting to wonder if Coulson's (ex) girlfriend is going to show up on the site. There was a minor/subtle reference to her an episode or two ago, and a discussion about her this week. I've suspected, since Avengers, that her name is Wanda. I'm holding out hope it is, and she's involved with why/how Coulson lives.

Could lead to unintended consequences ...

14. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    There's only one problem with 'the cellist' being Wanda: Elizabeth Olsen.

There is too much of an age gap between Coulson's age and the Twins, who are likely to be younger than Skye is shown to be. It isn't impossible, but I can't see them working with an age gap like that.

Juliet316 likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, I think casting for those ages basically killed any chance of the Avengers speculation on the cellist=Wanda stuff. Unless she was casting illusions of her being older (as the one infamous Ultimates page implies she's occasionally into stuff much stranger than just older men ;)), but that would suggest there was something special about Coulson for people to take interest in before his death- and that's something I think would upset fans more than making him special after his death.

16. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    That's one thing that bugs me about some people. I know that there are hints dropped and things are intertwined with these movies. But sometimes, ancillary details are just that. I think it works a lot better for the cellist to be no more than she is presented to be. And it makes sense, as someone that has to do the kind of work that Coulson does would want someone that grounds him back into the real world.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Since she's likely not going to be portrayed as a mutant in the Avengersverse, you could always give her Natasha's Red Room origin story (I.E special serum making her ageless/far younger than she actually looks)

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That's what I get for not paying attention to the casting of future roles.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It also fits with Coulson's character and his love of older/classical things (his office artifacts, Lola, swing music, etc)- it would track that he'd find a classical music artist appealing/grounding.

20. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Originally I was concerned that the LMD stuff was cropping up again, but after reading other sites, I agree that Centipede would have no need for an LMD Coulson when their goals are about using organic beings to be their weapons. And really, if they wanted robots, there's Stark tech and Hammer tech etc. So it does point to Coulson being revived by other means. So once again, I'm going to hope for the infinity formula.

What's more interesting is that some think the previews mean:

SHIELD did not bring Coulson back. Instead, it could be another group that stole his body and revived him and SHIELD rescued him and brainwashed him to protect him. Certainly an interesting theory at least and it makes SHIELD look less evil.

pronker likes this.
  21. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Yeah, Coulson being himself is absolutely necessary.

I gotta say, that preview for the second half of the season isn't really selling me on anything. These people don't seem to be very good superspies.

22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    "We can never tell him." They say this behind his back. If it is the true Coulson they did something very bad to him.

23. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    Or, someone else did and SHIELD is trying to protect him.

Now that we're getting close to Avengers 2 filming and promos for Winter Soldier will undoubtedly start up, anyone think we have a chance of seeing ScarJo, Chris Evans, RDJ or Jeremey Renner? Be pretty nice for example if Coulson wasn't rescued in the first episode when they get back so headquarters calls in a pro to back up May and Ward: Romanov or Barton. Or alternatively, they introduce some new agents like Bobby Morse (Mockingbird) or even Daisy Johnson (Quake). A great cameo moment could be that they call in Cap, but the team beats him to it and Cap doesn't show til the end (thus saving budget $) While the show has done a good job adding more characters like Victoria Hand, it would be nice to see a few higher ups being interested in Coulson's disappearance. It would show how important he is, but also give us more of a glimpse at the higher levels of SHIELD before Winter Soldier comes out.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I would love and AOS cameo by any of the bog movie names but I don't want a jump the shark moment for it.

25. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Edit: these boards have become terrible for double posts.