main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

We'll see it in May sweeps in the Winter Soldier tie-in.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    About the worst thing they could do is promise/tease a Cap appearance and not deliver.

Juliet316 and Healer_Leona like this.
  3. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005

People want to see Cap kicking ass and taking names, not being beaten to the punch by the rag-tag amateur superspies :p

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    What Cap does best is lead. A Cap cameo would involve the entire team.

5. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    It would have to.

6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, I mean, they'd make a point of it and not be beaten to any punch. That is obviously predictable though, perhaps there is room for something unique.

7. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002

Not if it's just the end stinger like Fury was. While I'd love to see Cap appear, I think there's a definite danger that he'd overshadow and outclass the entire team. Also, the effects would have to be great after what we've seen on film (ie: the shield and throwing it). Widow on the other hand could be really fun if it's just her and May on a mission or just Clint and Ward.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    See that'd be fine if Rogers showed up like Fury- but to say "Cap is coming!" And then go "Nevermind, we took care of things, Cap doesn't have to come now." would piss people off and come across as cheap.

Juliet316 and Penguinator like this.
  9. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    If it wasn't advertised and was a stinger, it could be great. "Sorry I'm late, guys, I ran into AIM goons who were trying to resurrect the Red Skull, I had to call in Iron Man for some intel and support, and then Falcon called and we had to go stop some domestic terrorists. Let's go get these Centipede guys!"

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh that's fine- because Cap is still showing up. What I mean is if they say Cap is coming and then keep him offscreen completely as a take-me-back, it comes across as low budget and infuriating.

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Well they could imply they are sending the big guns in, never specifying who it is until the stinger. Then in walks Cap in his Winter Soldier duds to congratulate the team and present Phil with mint collector cards that he signed finally ;)

pronker likes this.
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Again, all good. Cap still shows up.

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Having not looked for spoilers, my guess the tie-in for "Winter Solider" is the acknowledgement that the helicarrier's destroyed and something aboard was lost.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I also suspect the whole shadow SHIELD effort by Redford or whomever will play into Skye and the whole questioning of SHIELD's nature.

Juliet316 and VadersLaMent like this.
  15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I did not even think of that.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Fury: "SHIELD takes the world as it is, not how we'd like it to be."
    Cap: "Just because we can doesn't mean we should. Next thing you know, we'll be raising the dead."
    ::cough cough::
    Cap: "What was that?"
    Fury: "Nothing."
    Cap: "you sure? It sounds like someone choking on their coffee in the shadows over there."
    Fury: "I think there's just a bulb out, don't worry about it."

17. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Actually, Cap can only show up if it's a larger role, because they can't just dismiss the fact that Coulson died and Fury told everyone he died.

...well, they can, but people wouldn't be happy.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Winter is Coming.

...wait, that one is taken, isn't it? How about Winter is Coming This Winter? ;)

One of Iron Man's rogues gallery. I hope they play up the ties to Justin Hammer- I really want to see the IM2 genie-out-of-the-bottle theme of suit tech and such continue.

19. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    It's starting to become more and more apparent with this show that despite their best efforts to make it like the comics, having a shared universe with the movies is really limiting in terms of what they can do.

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It all depends on what they do with these characters- Whiplash was a nobody until IM2. I'd imagine we're not going to see this guy suit up just yet, since they're just introducing him, but if they write him as a good character, whatever they can squeeze out, FX-wise, will just be gravy (though a guy in an armored suit seems pretty feasible by TV standards).

21. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    If AIM wasn't just an evil Silicon Valley startup, they could go full-on superspy vs. superspy, retain some links to the movies proper, and embrace their status as a comic book show.

22. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    I did want a Christmas show, but now it seems better to wait until s.2, when viewers are more invested in the characters. Did a rewatch and the shows hold up, except for Girl in the Flowered Dress, perhaps a bit too heavy on the action; The Bridge had a moment of Coulson facing a shipping unit being shoved right at him with sort of a martial arms stance, as if that could hold it off, while Mike Peterson gave him a weird look and moved to actually stop the 2 ton thing. I dunno, maybe TV dramas don't do Christmas shows anymore? With the hiatus thing seeming prevalent, there's not much time for one, though that doesn't seem true for comedies.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I'm not totally sure you could believeably get away with a Christmas ep with a show like this one. At least not this year.

24. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    Well considering this show is only in early 2013 (in universe), it would make no sense to have a Christmas episode. Maybe for Season 2.

pronker likes this.
  25. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Maybe for Season 2

Santa Claus Village in nearby Finland contacts the Norway branch of SHIELD. Santa is no longer a myth but a 'gifted' who has gone missing. The Team is needed. There, a plot.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/AgentsOfSHIELD for a new show, it has a whopper of an entry on this site.