main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Incorrect. She warned Ward. ;)

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think I like Fitz, and possibly even Simmons, but most of the other characters are still incredibly dull. There isn't enough, well, character there. I also think it'd be nice that, instead of telling us agents like Hand are doing the right thing even if it's not nice, they could show us that. The team are basically the mavericks of SHIELD, it would seem, but no one is willing to call them on it. Riggs and Murtaugh had oversight :p

3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    Okay... so a shadowy morally ambiguous organization uses cutting edge technology and medically unethical means while moving heaven and earth to bring back to life one man... who they then give his own super advanced ship to gallivant around in on missions while assembling a team of misfits and others said agency otherwise would not want working for them...

If Fury hadn't nixed the fishtank after the second episode Coulson would've been Commander Shepard.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

She couldn't without drawing attention to that.

1. You do know this is an ensemble show? The point is that everyone contributes.

2. Skye cracked things because she was looking where Hand wasn't looking. They concentrated on Centipede, she was smart enough to look outside the box. This is clear when Hand chooses to ignore Ward about going to the desert and instead, heads on to the warehouse, simply because she doesn't trust the team.

3. It wasn't really luck that she wasn't shot. It was just a security team and not the police, which isn't luck, but more about the activities of the homeowner not wanting the police to show up and instead a pair of rent-a-cops.

No, but it wouldn't be cool either.

**** happens.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Skye hate is effontery.

madman007 likes this.
  6. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    In Avengers I recall a Fury line about using the Tesseract to make technology and weapons. I thought at the time it would have helped if they would have thrown in another line about Haweye's and Black Widow's weapons being derived from it. I think that is what was rebuilding Coulson's brain.

pronker likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    DON'T DO IT BILL PAXTON

9. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Awesome. Always loved Garrett in the comics.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I was considering dropping this show but Bill Paxton will keep me watching for sure.

11. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Bill Paxton is the biggest name they've had on the show so far, great addition.

12. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I kind of gave up. I didn't watch last weeks episode. Just bored I guess.

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, that ended up being a bigger episode than I had expected based on the initial "visiting SHIELD Academy" premise alone. This may have been the most FX-heavy episode they've done yet.

So now Coulson's team is responsible for the creation of another supervillain- the amusing theory that they end up creating all the villains is starting to pan out, ha.

Also, so now Skye has a larger importance to her (not quite wht we were hoping for ;)). So the question becomes- what will her power end up being? (My guess: perfect hair despite no shower in her van) And what is her 084 origin?

14. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah. There was a lot in that episode. Plus, it feels like they are finally getting a good mix of humor, action, and character. Honestly, this episode finally had an "NCIS" vibe to it, which I hoped the show would have overall

s65horsey likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    In regards to the Paxton casting announcement, this was probably the funniest comment I read about it:

"Love the Paxton but who the hell is Agent John Garrett? Sweet muscular Jesus, we can't even get a C-list Marvel character. We're off the ***damn alphabet now, we've moved on to punctuation. Hurray for another Ampersand-list character."

I don't agree with the negativity (it's all about what you do with the character, and if you can elevate an Ampersand-list character up to the D-list while doing so, all the better), but I had to [face_laugh].

pronker likes this.
  16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    He's a Frank Miller character. We are getting SHIELD characters in a SHIELD series. Madness!

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I know, right?

18. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Why would anyone want something to be like NCIS?

19. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    No new episodes until February...this sucks. :(

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    And of course after the whole talk about John garrett, I start catching up on my Deadpool over the last few months only to have John Garrett name checked in last month's issue.Wonder if that's pure coincidence or if word of the character's inclusion on AOS had trickled into the production line?

21. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Trailer for the next episode (which is the Stan Lee ep):

22. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
  24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The comments in that link are ridiculous. Why would a clarvoyant be Strucker or Arnim Zola?

25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Because until otherwise proven all characters must be characters from the comics.