main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    The spoonshipness of the May/Wardian relationship leaves a lot to the imagination...

Big & Little, would be an interesting debate...

2. Bib Fartuna

Bib Fartuna Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    I believe, after consulting with the Asgardian Gods ... that your animal sign, is a Starfish! [face_peace]

3. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    What a wonderful finale! Seeing the former Director made me cheer! So many wonderful things! AoS has really grown into an important part of the MCU.

4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm disappointed we won't get a whole season of Paxton villainy. I'm also reserving judgment on capturing Ward until we see what they plan to do with him, but I'd have liked to have seen him still out there. But it definitely set up season two to have a much stronger ongoing storyline, and I hope they find a way to keep the momentum going rather than falling back on the case-of-the-week stuff they still don't know how to do.

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm good with not getting more Garrett. Too many shows extend villains because we like them to the point of excess.

I groaned when he got up on that table, thinking they were using a very tired cliche of the villain getting away after we thought him dead. Cheered and laughed when Coulson splattered him.

Also wonder if they plan on redeeming Ward in the future, with his concern being more in helping Garrett not die from his implants than being invested in Hydra. Now that Fitz will be on board the hate Ward train it will be more drama.

6. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    Yeah, "Smallville" did that with Brainiac, keeping him around several times.

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    My prediction: Fitz is in a coma and Ward's eventual (and sadly inevitable) big redemptive act will be to get him out of it somehow.

pronker likes this.
  8. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I really hope Ward doesn't become a "good guy" again, I actually started liking the character more when he was revealed to be a HYDRA agent.

Darth-Lando likes this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    [​IMG]

Game Over Man!

I was happy when he was nullified when Garrett went all Robocop.

I'm still disappointed that Ward was a Hydra agent.

Looking forward to next season.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I... was pretty underwhelmed with the finale. Which isn't to say there weren't some great moments ("... and she's really pissed!", "And that's why they say cut of the hea--") but overall, I didn't feel this was quite as good as the previous few eps.

Maybe I'm just spoiled watching PoI this week... lol

11. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

Yes, Central and Eastern air simultaneously.

My favorite was...

"You didn't tell me he was that crazy."

My guess is that Ward will return because he has information that will wind up being useful to the team. Hence he's not dead, but not redeemed yet.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Open letter to the producers of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.:

I was looking for a drama to follow and picked this one, being a longtime Marvel fan. I enjoyed this season's characters and their development; the special effects are pretty darn good; and much applause for the music. I especially liked that enough plot mysteries were solved, but not all. Congratulations to your team of actors, musicians, writers, and stuntpersons.

What I'd like to see upcoming:

a/ meeting one or more of the Sisters responsible for part of Skye's upbringing - I know from experience how much fun a Sister can be! Though your drama will play up the more serious aspects of the vocation, no doubt.

And, stepping back to meta ...

b/ tie-ins with the Agent Carter series. Honestly, I lost interest in LOST because of the long hiatuses. Real life goes on in six or more months' time between episodes, you know? So after the first season of that program, excellent though it was, meh. I moved on. The strategy of bridging Agent Carter with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is a winner, in my book.

Hope you are reading this,

pronker

13. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I guess I missed how Patton Oswalt was able to return. Was it a twin brother or a clone?

14. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    They purposely left it ambiguous, though the new Agent did identify himself as Billy Koenig. Patton's first character on the show was named Eric.

15. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    So, does anyone else remember the chalkboard from Eye-Spy? Do the symbols above the Chitauri writing look familiar?

[​IMG]
    [face_thinking]

16. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I've seen some speculate it was Kree or Skrull writing but I have no idea.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Since he was linked with Fury, I believe Billy Koenig is sometype of a LMD.

I know it's not Skrull because Fox's owns the rights to the Skrulls as it ties in with the Fantastic Four universe. I think the Kree may also be owned by Fox.

I believe the writing is from the Alien that Coulson received the blood transfusion from.

I'm really curious to see who is Skye's parent.

18. TrandoJedi

May 4, 2011
    I figured that was true of the Skrulls, but Sif mentioned the Kree in the show to Coulson.

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The Kree would make perfect sense. Especially in light of the rumors I've been hearing about Inhumans. That since Marvel cannot use "mutants" in their cinematic universe, Inhumans will replace mutants. I think it would be awesome if season two of Agents of SHIELD featured and mirrored the current Marvel comic books with a Terrigen bomb and mist being released.

teamhansolo likes this.
  20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Fox owns the rights to the character Super-Skrull but not to the species as a whole. The Chitauri were used in Avengers instead of Skrulls because Whedon didn't want to throw shapeshifting aliens into a story that already had Loki's illusions and mind control.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Interesting that Ward says they were never true believers. So he is basically an evil opportunist.

[​IMG]

They rebuilt Coulson with...what to call it..Kree Code?

I understand that Wheadon wrote some Marvel story about alien parents who leave a child on Earth who can do super duper solar powered stuff. Is that to be Skye?

Coulson called and Avenger and then becomes the new head of SHIELD. I was hoping for something a little deeper with their talk, but it was satisfying as is.

I call Life Model Decoy for Koenigg.

22. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Well, that was really entertaining. I was satisfied.

Once Fitz mentioned he'd built a transponder and had been broadcasting on a SHIELD frequency but then realized no one was listening, I knew there was someone who HAD to be listening. Great to see Fury come to the rescue.:cool:
    Also, once Garrett threw Coulson, and he sees feet, I thought they were Garrett's. Pretty convenient/amusing that Fury shows up right where Coulson lands. But I LOVED that he brought the Destroyer gun. Also love the nod to his line in Avengers. "I know what it does." [face_dancing]

Everyone was used well this episode. Coulson got a well deserved showdown with Garrett and had some nice backup from Fury. Skye rescued Mike and Ace. And May got one of her best fights to date. I loved it. Also loved that shot to his throat. ^:)^ While Clark Gregg remains my favorite actor on the series, gotta give some acknowledgement to Ming-Na Wen and her portrayal of May. While each character evolved from the pilot, hers was perhaps the most subtle from the outside and yet one of the larger ones. When we first meet her, she appears to be this damaged agent who doesn't want back in the field. Gradually we learn more and more about her as well as her true mission and the fact she formed the team. Suddenly, she's much more than just the Calvary. Raina was also interesting but I have to be honest that I was hoping for just a bit more about who/what Skye is. Interesting that her father is alive but we really got nothing on this except an indication it will play a large role next season. Loved that Ward lived. Will be interesting to see how often he appears now. And I definitely laughed after groaning about Garrett's big upgrade only for Phil to casually blow him to pieces.

And on the subject of next season. I was slightly disappointed that we didn't hear all of Coulson's feelings about being brought back. But I loved the part we did see. I'm also very intrigued by Director Coulson. This offers ample room for cameos. Surely he'll need a good second in command. Maria Hill could easily become a recurring character. It also allows for SHIELD to once more be that secretive organization in the shadows. Done right, this could be a very interesting story. Would be interesting to see if it will tie into Age of Ultron. I imagine it will in some way. So mission accomplished in hooking me for Season 2.

23. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I can see Season 2 having Coulson and team going around re-recruiting former SHIELD agents, like getting Maria to funnel them money and tech from Stark. Maybe have Sharon Carter guest star and get her to help send intel to them and get the government off their trail. Then introduce other famous comic agents like Mockingbird and have them become recurring characters or something.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Not going to echo what most of you have said. Fantastic season finale. I will add this:

Having my foot nail gunned to the floor is now a sudden and serious phobia of mine.

25. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Forgot to mention. My favorite part of the episode was when Garrett misquotes Fury's speech and Fury says: "If you tell me this whole HYDRA path thing you took is because you misheard my damn 'one man' speech..." [face_rofl]