Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9

I watched it once, so I'll have to see. It was rather quick in how it was done.
  2. Penguinator RPF Modinator and Batmanager

Manager
    star 6
    Or, like, he might have severe brain damage. In which case how the hell is a monkey or golden lab going to help with cognitive function? Too soon, guys :p
  3. Mr44 VIP

star 6
    Well, I wasn't all that serious, but the point isn't just to control a monkey or the golden retrievers, (note-not golden lab...Fitz's glowing orbs that find things are called "Golden Retrievers") but these would be the side effects because Fitz is associated with them. Which early episode had Fitz commenting on the helper monkey?

As in, in order to compensate for a loss of function, he's implanted with a chip/microprocessor/etc.. that also has the effect of controlling a helper monkey or the Golden Retrievers.... (which could also turn into the MODOK reference if the show took an even darker turn)

Even Joe Quesada is on board.... Here's his drawing of Fitz with his cyber monkey named HENRY from the start of the show:

[IMG]
    Last edited by Mr44, May 16, 2014
  4. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    I fully expected Fitz to die.
  5. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Totally and completely Whedonesque
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  7. Rosslcopter Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah I would not be surprised of a time travel crossover.

Though there would be a lot of awkward "we must tell her about Hydra, no we can't tell her about hydra..." going on.
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I could see that (though admittedly, time travel is one of the few elements that Joss and his team hasn't used, at least not in terms of tv storytelling), though if that happens, I could see them holding off on that maybe a season or two, so Agent Carter can find it's feet as a show first.

Edit: Then again I was wrong when I thought they would hold off on an SLJ cameo early on in the show and he appeared at the end of the episode, so what do I know?
    Last edited by Juliet316, May 18, 2014
  9. pronker Force Ghost

star 3
    Gads, I hope time travel isn't used - it's one of the things that turned me off Star Trek's reboot and LOST ...
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    You're focusing on the wrong bits. He's totally taking about S.W.O.R.D. And that excites me.
    Last edited by DarthIntegral, May 18, 2014
  11. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    I love him, he's such a dork.
  12. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    It's not a requirement in the acting business, but it certainly helps with comic book adaptations.
    Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  15. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  16. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I finally caught up on the last two episodes on Hulu.

**** got real. And Paxton deserves an Emmy. Holy hell, that man can play a villain.

Ragtag was disturbing, with Ward's past and Garrett "training" him. The Beginning of the End was such a good episode that it makes up for all the bad episodes this season.

Samuel L. Jackson was awesome. And May...

"Are you ready to save the world?" "I'm ready to kick some ass."

And

"You were never on top."

[face_rofl]

The part with Mike Peterson was pretty emotional, and the episode ended on a good high note. Coulson rebuilding SHIELD, Fury alive and in the shadows.

I'm sure something is going to be up with Fitz next season, but if Coulson and Skye can be brought back from the dead...
  17. pronker Force Ghost

star 3
    Paxton deserves an Emmy He really does - and I rewatched Titanic for the first time in years some days ago, and hey, realized that the captain looking for treasure in the wreck in the framing story, so smarmy-slightly dishonest feeling, was Paxton! With an earring! Way to go, Paxton.

I am sorrowfully thinking that Fitz will become sort of a Stephen Hawking, brilliant yet so pinched in his life, his physical being ... :(
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    While I doubt it actually happens, I'm beginning fond of the fan theory that Fitz becomes M.O.D.O.K. Especially his talk about "doing the math" being similar to calculating all possible outcomes.
    pronker likes this.
  19. pronker Force Ghost

star 3
    M.O.D.O.K. was funny in Superhero Squad, that's about all I know about him.
  20. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    blah blah blah, when does season 2 start and will it be at least 22 episodes long or not? I would like to see them do something good. I am sick of this 13 episode crap they air on amc and hbo and the others. Dammit I want 26 episodes a season. I want to have to wait patiently for all of them.
    And I swear they better not start in November. Freaking Xfiles started that and it was the beginning of the end for 26 episode good television.
  21. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Oh man, that would be so messed up.
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Sometimes 13 episodes can be a good thing, less filler type of episodes that can stop a season's momentum cold.
  23. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    Ok, this calls for a new thread on the nature of a season.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  24. Moviefan2k4 Force Ghost

star 4
    Cable shows are often shorter than those on broadcast TV. For example, the USA network aired both "Burn Notice" and "White Collar", each having around 16 episodes a season.
  25. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Yeah. It would. Especially if it continued a path where every season Coulson lost a team member to evil.

But that's unhealthy speculation and fan-tasizing.