main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    odd coincidence they wrapped up HeadSimmons when RealSimmons came back. I would have preferred if they had gone HeadSimmons doesn't like RealSimmons craziness. Would have been interesting, at least!

Ryus and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well they've kinda teased the end of Head Simmons in several episodes already but she always comes back so don't be surprised if she returns.

Juliet316 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Oh, and I wasn't the only one who thought Skye's dad was going to Hulk out or something close to that, right? Menacing green lighting, people!

Ryus, Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    I'm beside myself with grief that my Schwarzegger in AOS isn't getting any traction.

Let me set the scene babies....

We're near the end of season 3. Arnold, a retired Howling Commando, has spent his freshmen season of AOS training some members of the Agents. All this ordered by Coulson. He and May have a battle of wits that ends up leading to a relationship as the season goes on. In the last 3 parter of the season Arnold, May, and his Commando group consisting of Mack, the new dude, Tripp, and some other members(doesn't matter who. Red shirts) are sent on a mission to rescue Skye from a Hydra facility deep in a South American Jungle( doesn't matter where. shrugs). They sneak in, things go wrong, alerts the whole Hyra base, they have to blast their way out with Skye. Arnold tells May to take Skye and leave, that he and his Commandos will stay and fight. She trys to fight him on the matter, but reluctantly runs with Skye. They make it to the Jet, as they leave they see gun fire and explosions.

After this Skye, some how important, continues her important thing with the rest of the groups. Some of this between edits of the battle with a large Hydra army. Arnold fights a big Hydra dude. All of this eventually leaving off with you wondering who survived or died, or whether Arnold would make it.

After the main storyline is over, May and friends take the Jet back to the battle ground. She exits the shuttle, Coulson and group behind. A wasteland, smoke everywhere. Hyra bodies everywhere. She spots the Commandos, main faces still alive.

Stick with me...the soft hero music from Predator plays...Listen....

She acends a hill, a look of relief on her face. Camera pans up to show Arnold, hands on his hips surveying the battle ground.

May: "Bit anti-climatic don't you think?"

Arnold: "Come on, you didn't think I'd actually die did you?"

May:" Crossed by mind."

Arnold:" Told you'd I be back."

May:"You've used that one befo...."

Arnold Kisses May. Wide shot. Showing them on top of the hill, all the others at various positions around them. The image turns into a comic painting drawn by Jim Steranko.

THE END

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Mane -- you picked the wrong week to start sniffing glue.

6. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Glue? I've got the best weed this side of the Shenandoah Valley

dp4m likes this.
  7. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    But do you like movies about Gladiators?

darth-sinister likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I liked Palicki. Kind of glad she has work after that WW fiasco.

So, my suspension of disbelief informs me that I am supposed to take the lack of swarms of Hydra agents taking on two spies in their building to mean they are quite comfortable and not trying to draw attention so security is a tad lax.

I'm not tired of Ward in a semi-Lecter role yet. I predict a moment of awesome when eh escapes.

I want to see May and Bobby beat the hell out of a swarm of bad guys.

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Now that Mockingbird's cover has been blown, you may get your wish.

10. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Clever on them for doing this thing in Arcs. I assume this being an end of first Arc episode.

Now we have a jumping on point....

11. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    So Ward has gone full Hannibal now

12. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I love Evil Ward. I'm glad it doesn't look like he's going to be redeemed any soon.

13. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    They should really build him up to be his own villain.

GenAntilles likes this.
  14. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    So I take it this means the government is now tolerating Coulson's SHIELD if not allying with them?

Guessing that will last until Ward's brother is shown to be evil

15. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Mockingbird makes this show must watch television

GenAntilles likes this.
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    That was awesome. I loved the scene of Hunter and Bobbi shooting the dude mid-argument.

17. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I really hope she becomes a regular next season

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I'd always suspected Grant was lying about the well thing as it never rang true based on the scenes we saw. But I'm still not sure if Christian is telling the truth either.

The Fitz and Simmons dynamic was tough to watch. Also Simmons admitting to Mack that she knows that she is what makes him worse was pretty sad. No head Simmons this week but not sure he isn't still talking to her.

Also May's "You know I don't like you" line to Hunter was great. [face_laugh]

Lastly, Simmons promise that if she ever sees Ward again, she'll kill him was pretty dark. Now I'm wondering if she'll actually follow up on that at some point in the future.

19. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    That exchange between Coulson and Ward. Awesomely amazing.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, so much awesome in the episode- and almost all of it is entirely character or actor based.

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    My guess is that
    they're going to make you think that Grant is the evil one and has been lying for years, but it'll turn out that it was Christian the whole time.

22. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    They both could be evil.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Ward can never be fully redeemed considering Coulson tore a strip off him to his face listing his crimes and murders and freakin' Simmons said "next time I see you, I'll kill you" as a goodbye. You can't revert to pilot-level "Okay, Ward, you'll be lead on the mission!" "Right, sir!" even if the entire rest of the season consists of him saving kittens from trees. The most you can get is semi-redemption grey goes his own way. But I still hope it culminates in full on Ward is Haniball Lecter on the loose evil and make him the show's Big Bad.

Aside on Simmons and Hestridge's performance; her dropping an "I'll kill you" to Ward felt a bit off to me because we haven't seen her say anything like that before. But she worked great in the emotional stuff with Fitz and there's this one, perfectly framed and timed shot, when Fitz was babbling on and the camera pans around a computer monitor and she's helpfully, hopefully smiling but when the shot goes out the other side of the monitor the smile falls from her face. Dunno if that was a happy accident but it worked perfectly.

24. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    That's what I'm thinking, both of them nut jobs.

So next week we'll see someone try to find Grant's younger brother or sister to find out who's lying?

I can also see Simmons saying that to Ward. After what he did to Fitz? Never said it before? Pffft, she went undercover in Hydra, even as bad a liar as she is.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm waiting for the twist Grand and Christian are the same person. We never saw them in the same room after all... Ward wakes up at the same time every day, because while he's sleeping he's let out to go be a senator.

JoinTheSchwarz and BigAl6ft6 like this.