main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    And the birth of Quake

Yodaminch and Healer_Leona like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ooo, neat stinger.
    I'm guessing an Inhuman? Looks like a bunch will show up when the show resumes in January.

3. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    :eek: Wow. Just wow (I am not being sarcastic).

4. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Well that's my luck

A character I actually like dies, and the villain that had potential to be great ended up being nothing at all. Inhuman birth part was well done though. Shrugs for rest of the episode.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  5. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Trip was charismatic but, to he honest, the character was given nothing to do this season. He was wall dressing. His death was a foregone conclusion.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  6. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Though he is probably dead, he got hit with the mist too, they have an out if they want to bring him back

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Once they did away with Coulson having a team and brought in Hunter, Mack and the others yeah Tripp just sort of blended in. He only really stood out this season because he was so prominent last season.

But I was all like, when he got trapped in the room with them, I knew he was a goner. Which is still a shame because regardless of underuse he was a cool character.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    No doubt it was terrigenesis, right? :p The small quake at the end was cool. And I wonder what Raina has become! Tigra?

Any theories for the eyeless inhuman at the end? There's a blind character in the current Inhuman series, but he's kind of a Gambit-like rogue and I doubt they would waste him like that.

9. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    I thought Raina had quills on her as well as claws

I don't know, maybe their own show created Inhumans? Feels like they will be the new focus for now, Hydra probably taking a backseat with Whitehall dead.

10. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    There's also Fake!May around. If they go the Madame Masque way with her, she could easily be the focus for normal non-supers spy action.

11. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    and she's with Ward now, two Hydra agents who were only loyal to their Hydra superior now on their own.

That said Skye shooting Ward was priceless, he looked so shocked by it

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    That was my favorite part of the episode.

13. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I hope Whitehall gets saved by being put into the Kraken suit. We really need that Mr. Hyde vs Kraken showdown, they've been teasing it for a while. Coulson coming in and shooting the villain while he isn't looking is getting real old. Other than that, great episode.

14. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    This episode was amazing.
    The only eyeless Inhuman I can think of is Videmus from Son of M but I doubt this is him.
    [​IMG]

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    More like March. Agent Carter will premiere in January in SHIELD's slot until then.

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, that was pretty good. I mean, they basically quoted the XMO:W Wade Wilson TV spot.

Guess we now know why Tripp wasn't part of the regular cast for this season...

And Whitehall had better not be dead- he hasn't worn the armor (or, more importantly- the helmet) yet!

I think the only flaw of the episode was the cool opening Bus vs quinjets sequence being resolved by HYDRA pilots being too stupid to realize that a giant cargo plane should probably leave behind some kind of sizable plummeting debris and not just some smoke burst clouds.

Absolutely loved Skye's lack of hesitation in shooting up Ward.

And Daisy, eh? Marvel is really going deeper into the Secret Warriors story than I ever expected- so fantastic.

Six likes this.
  17. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    I noticed that. I was like "Where have I heard that before... Oh right."

The2ndQuest likes this.
  18. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'd wonder at them downing Whitehall so easily. Too simple a death for him.

19. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I straight up cheered at that part.

20. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Yeah I gotta admit I cackled in glee when that happened

21. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    The Marvel Cinematic Universe is quickly becoming the most badass film/tv project ever.

Before this season is even over, we're gonna get an entire miniseries set in World War II, then immediately after we get Daredevil, Age of Ultron, and Ant Man.

Wow.

22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Crazy isn't it? Even when Iron Man came out if you had told me this was all going to happen I would have laughed.

23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Big points for the ep's final closing minutes with the whole "mist" scene, very excellently done. I loved the shot of Skye, had to do some google-fu to figure out who the reveal of her name was but it makes sense with her reaction at the end.

Even though Trip death was kind of random, I thought it clicked emotionally. The whole mists turning them into Inhumans was freakin' great. I guess, and hope, when the Inhumans movie happens we'll see basically the same type of "transformation" effect style.

Skye's dad is Mister Hyde and she's Quake, that's a great, deep-cuts pull from the MCU. They got a bona fide superhero on the team! With a relatively easy power to show on TV (shake the camera, throw dust at it).

pronker likes this.
  24. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    This was a great episode. I totally loved it. What mind boggles me is what on earth is on that thumb drive Bobbi is secretly keeping from Hunter.

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Which means...?