main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aging and a movie allusion (Joiner King Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Knight1192, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Eppie Belden was 128 years old when she led the revolution, and her husband - who was the extremely active leading member of the local senate - was 164 when he died. And even then, he died only because the Imperials shocked him into having a heart attack and refused to give him aid, or something like that.

2. sisyphusrocks

sisyphusrocks Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2005
    Why are people dying at all? They have clone technology, surely that must make growing replacment organs pretty simple.

On the movie allusion side of the house I have to say that I laughed out loud and reread 4-5 times the Cantina Scene in TJK, paying homage to the same in ANH.

'That Ewok has a death mark in ten systems'

'She Likes you.... I like you'

3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Not really - that's more or less what it always was. Unless the original intention was for the Empire to be around for a good few years before Anakin joined their team...

It's the "old" character's ages that they messed with.

The placement of RotS is fine - it's TPM that needed to be pushed back a good decade or so.

4. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    I don't understand why it should be such a debate. What objections are there? Our own medical technology will ensure most of us live to see beyond our hundredth birthday, and will also see us active and alert into our nineties, at least. I think we can acknowledge the GFFA is well beyond us in terms of technology, so 130 is probably a conservative estimate. If the info above concerning the Beldens is accurate, I'd find that more realistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.