main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ah, that's why...

Discussion in 'Archive: Santa Cruz, CA' started by DarkLordSid, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    Was wondering why it's so dang quiet on the forums...

1. 50th of Disneyland
    2. Comic Con
    3. New Harry Potter book

So, wherever all you people are standing in line, sweating, I'll think of you from my air conditioned office at work, wishing I was there and hoping you used your deoderant.

So there.

/snitoff

2. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    And Northern Faire...don't forget Northern Faire!

Today's temperature, 108, tomorrow scheduled temp..113 with the possibility of direct sun areas up to ...(Arggghh) 128! (I'm gonna now go pack myself in ice..or get someone to HELP me pack myself in ice and try not to think about it!)

3. DarkLordSid

DarkLordSid Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    You could try carbon freeze... oh, that right, in another life you already did that.

: Visualizes Obi frozen solid in a block of ice keeping Sid's drinks cool :

Now that's fine living.

: Checks to make sure Obi has not thawed out anywhere :

Don't want YOU stirring my drink now...

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oy!!!! And I thought it was hot over here... Ouch! I hope you have a lot of ice!

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    You guys missed out. The convention center rented 3 AC units. Comic Con was COLD. :eek:

6. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    And thank goodness, too. But ironic, on a personal level. LAST year at the masquerade (and on Sunday) I was in about 45 pounds of armor, with my legs encased in flokati rugs (no, seriously...). Oh, and in a helm with almost no ventilation. Doing a song and dance routine. And THAT'S the year the air-conditioning conked out.

THIS year? I was in sleeveless mechanics coveralls, a shirt, and a light little jacket. And it was freezing!

;)

Still, I was grateful, because those Jedi robes I wore on Friday and Saturday were MUCH more comfy than they could've been.

7. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    I remember, Frodo!. And I also remember Sam going down from the heat. (I almost went down too, it was unbelivably hot back stage. Then we got smart afterwards and ripped the heavy bonding outta my gee.. That made a difference. But CIII, finally my heavy outer robe was warm enough, even though I was re-creating those scenes on Kamino at one point. LOL

8. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Yeah, Sam had it bad. We had this running joke that in OUR version, it was Frodo who was always supporting Sam! I just seem to do better in the heavy, hot stuff than she does. Of course, she also has to wear a WIG and that makes a huge difference, since so much heat is lost through the head. So, I had about 10 pounds more armor, but she had the wig. I think that's what did her in.

Yeah, the Green Room in 2004 was...awful. I'm glad more people--including you, Master--Kenobi--didn't go down from the heat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.