main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahalik Gorena- a JA fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Hiroko01, Feb 15, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Due to popular demand, we have opened a forum where the new movies can be discussed without divulging any plot points. As web sites become more and more free to reveal more of the film than most fans care to know (and as we fans become weak and give in), having a haven to avoid this temptation is important.

This is not to mention international fans who won't be able to see the film until 1999 and want to remain fresh for the experience, even after May.

With so much known already, and with everyone having a different idea of what consitutes spoilers, here are some guidelines for how this place will be run. (We're open to negotiation, but this is a starting point.)

1. Absolutely, positively no plot points. What may seem obvious to you may not be to another. No plot points. Not in subject headers, not in the post itself.

2. Character names are OK. It's going to be tough to discuss merchandise and many other subjects will be simply too difficult without them.

3. If you have a topic that doesn't involve spoilers, we ask that you post it here rather than the other prequel forum. It gives this one a chance to be exciting for those who have self control enough to experience the films fresh. (I think they deserve something!)

That's it for now. Hopefully everyone understands the differences between spoiler and non-spoiler forums.

Spoiler offenses will be taken VERY seriously and may result in immediate removal of posting priveleges.

Enjoy the new digs!!

- Paul Ens
    http://theforce.net Staff

2. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Thanks, Paul, for taking this idea seriously.

3. Paradox

Paradox Moderator Emeritus star 1 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 2, 1998
    And, speaking on behalf of all the administrators, we will take what Ghent says *very* seriously, so watch what you post!

Paradox

4. MarcoSolo

MarcoSolo Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 1998
    Isn't this a little like walking into a bar that only serves Sharps?

5. Look_Sir_Droids

Look_Sir_Droids Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1999
    MarcoSolo- Well, they have O'Douls and virgin cocktails here to.

6. YODA the all powerful

YODA the all powerful Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    I am going to try to post some of my favorite "non-spoiler" threads from the old forum....

I am not sure whether they contain spoilers though, so I will wait until I recieve a clarification on this one question....

Does "no plot points" mean no speculation on plot points and does this also mean a disregard of info that has been released on plot points prior to this threads opening?

I am asking this mainly because I would like to repost the "Nimoudians and Wald What's in these Names" thread, becuase I personally feel that it does not contain major spoilers; however, it does touch upon the subject of the queen/handmaiden issue that may be considered spoilers... I don't know?

Anyways, I have 2 threads that I am certain (I hope) don't contain major spoilers... I am posting this question and warning in thehopes that an admin can check these threads and delete the contents (by editing) if they cross the rather vague line... if you are usure, wait till these threads reach a few responses before you read them. I am doing this in order to prvide some more good prequel related threads here that are spoiler free (IMHO) and would make for some good discussion.

THIS FORUM IS A GREAT IDEA BTW
    YODA the all powerful

7. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    Spculation is the name of the game here... you just can't post stuff that has been confirmed.
    We can speculate on the Palpatine/ Sidious mess until our eyes bleed, but cannot post the truth until some official source (Star Wars Homepage, Star Wars Insider, Lucas Press Conferance) confirms it.
    The movie itself, obviously doesnot count because that would be giving everything away, not just small points of "must know" interest.

8. AJA

AJA Jedi Master star 4

Oct 13, 1998
    I've got a bad feeling about this...

I understand why the Administrators made this decision, and I don't want to arouse their anger in any way , but it seems to me that it really is just about impossible to discuss a movie that hasn't opened yet without using some degree of "spoilers".

Furthermore, having rules for this forum neccessitates that there be a definition of what is or is not a spoiler, but it seems to me that each and every individual member will have a different idea of what would "spoil" the movie for them.

Perhaps some who really like to be surprised would be disappointed to find out there's even going to be a new Star Wars movie before it opens on May 21.

Because of the inherent ambiguity, I suspect many may be hesitant to get into a discussion here, particularly if a slip-up or difference of opinion on what is or is not a spoiler "may result in immediate removal of posting priveleges."

Like I said, I'm not trying to cause any trouble, and I'm willing to try as hard as the next guy to post some pertinent discussions here and make this new forum work- I guess I'm just a little skeptical.

[This message has been edited by AJA (edited 02-16-99).]

9. Frank Slade

Frank Slade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1998
    Not to add to any confusion surrounding this great idea, but I agree that the rules are a little ambiguous. Case in point - Darth, I don't even know what the Palpatine/Sidieous mess is, and I don't think I want to, regardless of whether it's confirmed by official sources. Does that mean I should avoid this forum?

10. Master mojo

Master mojo Jedi Youngling

Oct 10, 1998
    Hi, my name is mojo, and I'm a spoilerholic.

11. Obi Swan

Obi Swan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 1998
    I'm afraid I agree with AJA. The "spoiler-free" forum has been open not even 24 hours and already there's a posting titled <deleted by Paradox> discussing <a plot point, deleted by Paradox>. Luckily I already knew that, so I wasn't really upset about it, but I have decided to forego any more spoilers until the movie is released, and I hope we won't be seeing more of these types of supposedly "spoiler-free" postings. Could an adminisrator *PLEASE* clarify to this forum what does or does not count as a "plot point"?

<Sorry to have edited your message like this, Obi Swan, but you yourself said that the topic in question was a spoiler. That thread has now been deleted.>

[This message has been edited by Paradox (edited 02-16-99).]

12. Obi Swan

Obi Swan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 1998
    Good point, Paradox. Ironic of me, huh?

13. Jim

Jim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1998
    Hopefully I'm not overstepping my non-admin boundaries here, but I thought I'd add a couple of requests.

1) This is a PREQUEL forum. Anything not related to the prequels should go into Classic, or Literature, or whatever. Don't clutter the Forum with topics that are probably covered elsewhere.

2) If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, DON'T post. There have been dozens of threads ruined by nonsensical ramblings.

3) Don't take everything written personally. A lot of people on the JC have sarcasm down to an art form, and too many threads have degenerated into flame wars. It just isn't cool.

Thanks for listening to my rants.

14. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Bringing this up so people can see the rules.

15. TK427

TK427 Jedi Youngling

May 11, 1999
    Alright, we had a huge discussion about what is a spoiler a while back and I believe it was Paradox who gave a comprehensive and well put definition of a spoiler.

A spoiler was anything not officially released by Lucasfilm prior to May 1st. Any information after May 1st was considered a spoiler until the year 2000 (for our international friends).

This was the only reasonable way to handle issues such as Soundtrack titles, the novel, and future Insider issues.

16. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Gotta keep this at the top, cause it seems people are forgetting the rules of this forum and keep posting spoilers.

17. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
  18. DarthxMaul

DarthxMaul Jedi Youngling

May 27, 1999
    Am I playing by the rules?, what i mention is purely speculation

19. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    Up yet again.....

20. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
  21. bmilder

bmilder Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 1998
    Do you go into the depths of each forum every day, or keep the good threads bookmarked or what, SotS?

22. Darth Mauledtodeath

Darth Mauledtodeath Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 1999
    (up)

Very few people, were here when this forum was made. I was. Just not under this name.

23. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Welcome to my ficdom, peoples! In this one we assume 1)Palpatine=Sidious and 2) Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul are still alive (I'll tell you how that happens later, I promise. ) It starts out with Qui-Gon waking up in the Healers' lab at the Temple after the duel with Maul. The title really means nothing, but it was either that or "Two Guys, a Girl, and a Sith."

Qui-Gon awoke with a start, and quickly took in the senses of the room before his eyes even opened. His relief was immediate.

The Temple. And his Padawan was nearby, and he felt no distress from him. The antiseptic smell pervading his nostrils meant they were definitely in the Healing lab. That did make sense. Everything checked out beautifully, so Qui-Gon decided to go back to sleep.

Except for the wad in the sheets right under his leg. Qui-Gon shifted to move it and suddenly it felt like there was a sawblade going through his shoulder. He drew in a sharp breath and groaned loudly in complaint. Putting a hand to the shoulder, he felt a bone-knitter on it.

The singing voice stopped (when had he noticed the singing?) and was replaced by quiet, rapid footsteps.

?Master Jinn, are you alright?? The footsteps continued around to his side of the bed. A concerned young woman?s face appeared over a baggy grey tunic.

?How is my Padawan?? Qui-Gon croaked. Force, his voice sounded awful.

?He?s recovering well, Master. Oughtta be up and about in a couple of days.? She paused, gave a tug on a corner of the sheets, and the lump smoothed away.

?He?s three ribs broken and one punctured a lung... bruises and scrapes and a laceration on his chest over the broken ribs. Water?? A tantalizing, clear glass of water materialized in her hand. Qui-Gon reached out thankfully to receive it.

?Might I recommend you sit up before knocking that back, Master?? Half the concern in her voice was replaced by amusement. Qui-Gon gathered himself for the effort.

?Here, let me help you.?

?I?m fine.?

??Fraid not. My Master might think I wasn?t doing my job if I made a man with a broken collarbone sit up by himself.? Collarbone...that?s what happened.

?Easy now- there you go. Now tank up, you?re dehydrated.? She helped him up and handed him the glass. He downed the water quickly. The girl took it back and Qui-Gon was glad to see her refilling it.

?Try to go a little more slowly on this one, Master. You haven?t had anything in your stomach for four days and it won?t be happy about any sudden visitations.? Qui-Gon ignored her and the disgusted look she gave him when he returned the empty glass to the table a couple seconds later.

Four days... he?d had worse.

?Where?s Obi-Wan??

?Tell you what. You put these on?? she handed him a neatly-folded set of clothes, ?-and you stagger on out and I?ll take you to him.?

?I can find it myself, thank you,? he declined politely. He had only been trying to find out whether she would let him leave to see his Padawan or not- he had his answer and was satisfied with that. She nodded, then took the glass and pitcher and glided back out the door.

Qui-Gon frowned as he stood up. She?d been right about the stomach thing.

His imagination could find no way to get the shirt on without the sawblade striking again, and he was in too much of a hurry to see Obi-Wan to spend much time trying. The cloak was close enough and he wrapped up in that instead.

When he stalked out of the room, she was there waiting for him anyway.

If she?s this much of a mother hen now, she will be insufferable when she?s older, Qui-Gon thought.

?This way, Master Jinn.? They walked somewhat slowly down the hall a couple doors? Qui-Gon?s muscles weren?t welcoming the sudden activity either- and the Healer touched his side to stop him.

?This room,? she said, and he was already halfway through the curtain separating Obi-Wan?s room from the corridor. The girl followed him in and busied herself with checking various things around the room.

It was a small room, with a wooden counter and cabine

24. Lwyn'nya Kenobi

Lwyn'nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 1999
    Cool!!

I really like this story! Keep it up!

*cackles menacingly* Hah hah!! The JA plague is spreading throughout this JC quite nicely! Soon, none will be immune from the seductive draw to write more JA!! Hah hah!!

*achem* Sorry. Being at work and all, I tend to get a little . . . strange

~ Lwyn'

PS: Hiroko ~ From the looks of things, I doubt you need a Master to strengthen what is already a great writing flourish, but if you're looking for a partner for a story . . . ? Email me

[This message has been edited by Lwyn'nya Kenobi (edited 10-16-1999).]

25. Young_Sith_Apprentice

Young_Sith_Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 1999
    Great so far, keep going, I'll be waiting until then.

* Buys a tin of coffee, grabs a cup, some water, a pillow, blanket, some food and lives by the computer.........waiting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.