main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahalik Gorena- a JA fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Hiroko01, Feb 15, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Um...MusicalJedi, could you edit your post so that mumbling isn't in one big line. It messes up the page width.

2. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    grrrrrrrr THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!!! WHY IS EVERYTHING CONSPIRING AGAINST ME WRITING?

Not everything (I'm here now, aren't I?) but I was counting on several writing hours yesterday that I didn't get because my 14-year-old brother had his little friend over and they spent all day cruising the net for chicks AND THE LITTLE @#$*&ER DIDN'T GO HOME UNTIL *&#^ING 11 AT NIGHT!!! At this point I was too tired to even stand up (don't ask me, my biorhythm's been weird ever since Finals week) never mind write coherently. Yes, and I gladly would have thrown them off except combined they have about 250 pounds on me. <prim smile>

The rest of the day may be good, though. (Everybody cross your fingers.) Now that I've ranted I think I can go now. I am SO sorry for the delays! I'm getting pissed about it too! Hopefully this thread's posting schedule will go back to normal... whatever THAT turns out to be...

3. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    grrrrrrrr THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS!!!! WHY IS EVERYTHING CONSPIRING AGAINST ME WRITING?

Not everything (I'm here now, aren't I?) but I was counting on several writing hours yesterday that I didn't get because my 14-year-old brother had his little friend over and they spent all day cruising the net for chicks AND THE LITTLE @#$*&ER DIDN'T GO HOME UNTIL *&#^ING 11 AT NIGHT!!! At this point I was too tired to even stand up (don't ask me, my biorhythm's been weird ever since Finals week) never mind write coherently. Yes, and I gladly would have thrown them off except combined they have about 250 pounds on me. <prim smile>

The rest of the day may be good, though. (Everybody cross your fingers.) Now that I've ranted I think I can go now. I am SO sorry for the delays! I'm getting pissed about it too! Hopefully this thread's posting schedule will go back to normal... whatever THAT turns out to be...

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Please post more soon, Hiroko! Sorry about your little brother! I have one myself...can be so annoying sometimes...

Trika Kenobi

5. MrsKenobi

MrsKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    Don't worry Hiroko! We know stuff gets in the way For the love of the Emporer, I've been writing my story since September and it's not done! I'm waiting to post it when it is done. Who knows when that'll be, I never have any time to work on it

6. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    <never mind, edited it, read version below>

[This message has been edited by Hiroko01 (edited 01-25-2000).]

7. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Great post!

Trika Kenobi

8. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    *dancing*

Hiroko posted - Hiroko posted!!

9. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    SHE POSTED!!!!!

Yelled by someone who has lost there voice I think that is pretty cool!!!

GO HIIIIRRRROOOOKKKKOOOOO

Kithera

10. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    This post is pretty short and doesn't really
    stand on its own anyway, but it's here so
    I'm gonna post... more to come, really! And
    Musical, that's cute but couldja cut it
    down? Thanks sweetie.

(btw this is the post right up above their,
    version 2, which is a lot better. Tried to
    erase it but the blooty boozer of a server
    doesn't want to, soooo try to forget really
    hard that it happened until I get it fixed.)

?...and speaking of which, here she comes,?
    Qui-Gon finished. The two Masters turned to
    look at the door, which opened shortly and
    disgorged a harried-looking Bakada-ni-
    Gozen. She crossed the room in three long,
    half-running steps, and came to a relieved
    rest on her knees before Qui-Gon. Head
    bowed, hands flat on top of her thighs, one
    foot tucked under the other: the contrite
    pose of a Padawan prepared to receive her
    scolding.

Qui-Gon crossed his arms and settled back
    against the wall in a passive pose, looking
    down at Bakada with an unspecifiable
    expression. She did not meet his gaze.

?What just happened?? he prodded gently.
    ?Start at the beginning.?

Her head bobbing shortly as she did so,
    Bakada swallowed and began to relate the
    tale. She worked hesitatingly, almost
    stammering in some parts... especially
    towards the end.

Aye, Qui-Gon, Akretiry chimed in,
    giving him a brief sideways glance.
    You?ll have to watch these two. There
    was an ever-slight twinkling in her sense.

?...and then you joined, and you know the
    rest, Master.? Finished, she hung her head
    still, waiting on his word.

Taking on the air of someone not wishing to
    be noticed in the scene, Akretiry slipped to
    the door.

It came time for the telling question, and
    Qui-Gon measured his words carefully. ?Will
    you be able to work normally when it comes
    time to fight?? he asked.

From the doorway, Akretiry put a gentle
    raindrop touch on him with her mind.

What is it? Akretiry?s hair spun as
    she looked over her shoulder at the two, one
    hand resting on the doorjamb.

Council. They want to talk to ye,
    she answered with a weary tone.

Bakada had not answered yet. A heavy pause
    had settled over her bowed shoulders,
    brooding... searching for the honest truth.

?I do so believe, Master.?

Her word was all he needed. About to ask
    her to stand back up, Qui-Gon was mildly
    surprised to see her do it before he spoke.
    She?d picked up on his wish mentally. With
    that degree of sensitivity... Qui-Gon winced
    at the sudden flash of hindsight, in twenty-
    twenty as always. That scolding must have
    hurt.

It takes a strong heart to be sensitive.

?I?m sorry, Master,? Bakada whispered
    weakly. ?I completely??

?Was taken by surprise,? he interrupted.
    ?It happens, Bakada, but you?ve got to be
    ready for things like this.? In the life of
    a Jedi, well... trouble had a way of
    following them around. Trouble in copious
    amounts. And that was without taking Sith
    into account.

?I understand, Master,? she said, nodding
    through the red in her eyes.

Shifting uncertainly for the long wait, the
    Initiate at the door tried to be inobtrusive
    as he spied an eye into the room. Akretiry,
    bless her lovely heart, kept him busy after
    that with some idle chatter about the
    Councilors? health.

As if gravity had become an irresistible
    force, her head sagged down again? she
    wouldn?t meet his eyes? until it almost
    touched her chest. Her sense manifested
    itself in a sudden, oddly clear flash of
    color? dark blue misery and scarlet-red
    humiliation, and some other stripes that
    didn?t speak to him? they all ran into a
    sort of bloody-hued mess crying out to be
    wiped up. This was the same girl he?d held
    on his lap when she was little, who?d been
    in pain and crying at the age of nine when
    Akretiry tore her hand and for the rest of
    her life had only drawn closer to her
    Master? How could this happen to you,
    Bakada? It didn?t fit the way things
    ought to be. Yet it was, and Qui-Gon was
    old enough to know that all there was do be
    done was to keep going.

?Look at me.? Bakada obeyed, and Qui-Gon

11. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Cool! Took long enough

(The formatting of the post messed up my browser, *shrug* but it's not as if I care )

12. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
  13. aka Doolittle

aka Doolittle Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 1999
    Ahh, what could be better? A new, and supertastic, post, a snow day when I'm supposed to be having midterms, and the fact that I was talking to my dad last night, and...oh, well now I have to fully explain this for anyone to understand.
    1)my dad's a writer for Rolling Stone and US magazines. 2)I adore Ewan, and I'm always begging him to do a story on him. 3)If he does do an interview, my friend Jackie and I are definitely coming (even if dad doesn't let us. I mean, we could hide in a suitcase! There's no air in the plane down there, but ewan's worth it, right?). 4)We'd have to do something w/ Ewan w/out my dad, cuz I don't really want to be there when him and Ewan talk about all the full monty stuff. 5)The magazines are always trying to think of interesting/weird places to do interviews, so I suggested an amusement park (my dad hates rides) 6) So then I somehow tricked my dad into brainstorming about interviews in amusement parks and he came up w/ this thing where we all go to Disneyland w/ him. (what could be better? Two of my all time favorite actors: Ewan AND Goofy!) 7) And the best part, my dad said that whole idea thing wasn't impossible (which is like saying it might happen, but in an extremely negative sense), but still, it's MIGHT! Yes!
    Thank you, thank you.
    ~Eliza

14. MrsKenobi

Jul 26, 1999
    Thank you, Hiroko! Another excellent post!
    Wow, aka Doolittle, you're so lucky!! I have a snow day too, but I've never met my husband!

15. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Hmmm, I would prefer to meet Liam Neeson, but Ewan wouldn't be too bad.

Up.

16. Gumbi Jedi

Gumbi Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 1999
    Hey, Hiroko01!

Finals are over and I want a post!!!

If they're over for me, girl, I know they're over for you. So get busy!!!

17. Jaro

Sep 1, 1999
    Up!

keep it coming, Hiroko! We're all waiting patiently (for now).

18. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Qui-Gon found his Padawan in an undercut in the streambank, practicing what he liked to call ?waking meditation.? His Master called it daydreaming.

Whatever it had contained, Obi-Wan?s reverie was broken when Qui-Gon allowed himself a noisy footfall in the tangles underfoot. Though Obi-Wan couldn?t see him through the leaves, he was paying attention to the outside world now, and stood abruptly when he sensed his Master as the source of the sound.

Easily clearing the stream, Obi-Wan wended through the fallen logs and branches to draw to Qui-Gon?s side. The old Jedi waited patiently, standing tall as he did in the darker green of the deep shade, with his arms folded inside the sleeves of his cloak. Little dapples of bright sunlight made it through the trees waving and hissing in the wind overhead to dot the surrounding green and brambles.

His Master looked toward him once, then straight ahead as he began to walk the packed-earth-and-roots trail exiting the Garden.

?Master?? Obi-Wan began, not really knowing what he was going to say after that, but spared the trouble of finding out when Qui-Gon interrupted him.

?Do you make it a habit to hop onto young women you?re working with, Padawan, or was that a one-time occurrence??

To the tips of his ears, Obi-Wan flushed red. ?It wasn?t like that, Master!? he protested, and mentally kicked himself once again for following that imbecilic impulse that started the whole thing...

I know, Qui-Gon assured him. Almost side-by-side on the wide path, the younger man following slightly behind his elder, they continued on in silence but for the sounds of their footsteps for several paces. The last patches of sunlight sliding over their shoulders, the two passed through an archway into the regular halls.

?The Council wishes to speak with us, Padawan.?

A familiar uh-oh warning bell tolled inside Obi-Wan?s head, augmented by new threat.

It was common assumption that the Council sometimes combed through the brains of those with which they held audience? if they got a taste of what he was feeling at the moment, they?d jump on it like a CorSec Capital Prosecutor on a blood trace. To guard a thought or an emotional reaction was one thing, and fairly simple. It was quite another to wipe away the traces of a whole set of impressions and ideas on a certain Healer and her old Master being shattered into abrupt question-and-answerless bits. The Jedi favored openness, especially when the Council was concerned... though Obi-Wan felt strongly that this ought not be anyone?s business but the women?s own and whomever they chose to involve.

?What of, Master?? Obi-Wan asked cautiously.

?The status of our preparations for the mission, no doubt,? Qui-Gon answered without evident concern. ?Something troubles you?? he prompted. The choice was there to give his Padawan an invitation to speak his mind through the Force, but he preferred to teach him subtlety by using it often. It was a preparation Obi-Wan would need if he was to be any kind of negotiator.

?Must she be involved?? Obi-Wan asked. Doing so he plunged headlong into what he thought? he?d always been encouraged to avoid dancing around what he meant. ?There have to be other Healers out there who are- better prepared? for it, and even were there not I see no good reason we can?t take it alone.?

Testing the waters of the link as he did, Qui-Gon let out a thoughtful hmph.

?Are you certain your feelings on this are clear, Obi-Wan?? he posed matter-of-factly.

Someone was walking towards them in an intersecting hallway ahead of them. When they passed, the person proved to be a mid-level Padawan burdened with a sack of schoolstuff that looked like it could have been carrying a week?s worth of camping gear. Obi-Wan dropped his voice to a close, low hush until they were well past him.

?He?ll dig it up, Master, and at the very least she does not need to go through that again.? Obi-Wan paused before he pulled out the heavy end of the hammer. ?At the worst, it could compromise the mission.?

Qui-Gon shook his head patiently a

19. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Woooooooohooooooooo thankyou Hiroko!!

Yay!!!

Kithera

20. Jaro

Sep 1, 1999
    Oooh, that sounds ominous...

21. Gumbi Jedi

Gumbi Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 1999
    Swamping method? And here I was thinking Qui-Gon actually had some tact. My bad, I guess.

22. MrsKenobi

Jul 26, 1999
    A post! *starts skipping around the room madly*
    Thank you, Hiroko!!
    Eirtae Kenobi

23. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Swamping, huh? Heavy angst, tears. Wil Qui-Gon be at her side.?(It could only help-it would for me)

24. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Hmmm, why do I sense rough times for Bakada? Oh well. Yay, it's a post!!!

25. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Re Qui-Gon's tactfulness or lack thereof: I figure in company that close you might as well be blunt, eh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.