main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahalik Gorena- a JA fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Hiroko01, Feb 15, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady Moonlight

Lady Moonlight Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 1999
    Hiroko, thank you for the wonderful post...keep 'em coming!

Um...not to scare anyone, but the JC is gone! No threads, nothing! It's a conspiracy!!!

[This message has been edited by Lady Moonlight (edited 01-30-2000).]

2. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Swamping? Now I'm seeing them all in dingy fatigues trudging through muck. Nice job Hiroko!

ssqquueeeEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLllllllll......

3. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    UP!!!!! This was on the fourth page!!

Kithera

4. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Hey all! This is your friendly author stopping by to let you know she's going to be out of town until latish Saturday night. I'm going with the Preble HS Jazz to run around Wisconsin for a while. Woohoo!

5. MrsKenobi

MrsKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    Have fun! We'll keep the thread up top

Eirtae Kenobi

6. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Hmph. I guess this means we wait. *siiiiiigh*

Up.

7. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

we will sure miss you Hiroko, but I'm sure we'll survive... barely.

8. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Three days, three posts. I see how it is.

Just got back from the trip (aka "A Crash Course in Trombone") and, uh, wow. That was an interesting time.

9. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    HURRAY!! YOU'RE HOME!!

I hope you had fun... I love the Trombone... I was a band mom to a trombone player once... I loved every minute of it.

NOW THAT YOU'RE BACK THOUGH....
    MORE STORY!!

10. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    deer-in-the headlights look, very very reminiscent of the facial expression of a jazz student randomly called upon to improvise a solo.

Here's the problem: only one artistic mojo is possible at once and since it's Solo and Ensemble season right now, it's probably not going to be the writing kind. redface.gif I don't know, I have to find out what school's going to be like for the next little while but I heard something about a major English paper in the works for us, not to mention the whole rest of the scholastic rigamarole... Oh! And as of 3 minutes ago, I have to give a talk at church next week.

<lobotomized smile>

11. Gumbi Jedi

Gumbi Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 1999
    See, Hiroko, that's when you take a stand and say, "NO!! I will not be your scholastic slave!!"...And watch your grade quickly plummet to an F. Ouch.

I'm glad you're back! [pout]I guess we can wait on the post...[/pout]

Don't worry about your church talk; speaking isn't hard (but then again, I might be biased; I won 2nd place in Impromptu at speech tournament this weekend--the competition was bad though). You need one of those things Clinton has so you can look at your audience and read the words all at once. I want one of those things...

12. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    ha ha! talking in church...... oh wait I can't laugh... I have to plan the whole sacrament meeting program and pack my luggauge!! that just does not sound fun.

oh well so there is no more Ahalik Gorena *sigh* oh well....

13. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Look, I know how solo and ensemble goes, I just got done with two weekends of it, but you gotta post!! We're dying out here!!![/pleading]

14. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Here I submit, for your vicarious-living pleasure, a random blather.

Honor Band Auditions were today! I did pretty well in a crash-and-burn sort of way. Before we even got there, I managed to mangle a nail in a really painful manner and was rather worried that I wouldn't be able to play with it like that. It stopped hurting by the time we got there. (15 minutes late). Luckily enough the judge was a nice lady and just happened to have an open spot when I came in (now 20 minutes late!).

It would have been really nice if I'd known about that Etude we all had to play. Whereas everyone else knew it already, Hiroko got to sightread it. redface.gif My only hope at this point is that they were so awestruck by the fact that I sort-of managed (heheh) to play it anyway that they think I know what I'm doing with the whole flute thing. All in all it really wasn't too bad, I wasn't terribly convinced I was going to rank well anyway.

And now that I've ticked everyone off with a long post that isn't story, PEACE my children! It's coming! The next post has a fair amount of characterization and philosophical rambling and it is a trick like no other to try to explain it all without taking up 5 pages.

[This message has been edited by Hiroko01 (edited 02-13-2000).]

15. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    well good luck hunny... I hope you made it... if you play the flute half as well as you write I'm sure you did fine... and think of it this way.. if you don't make it then it's the Honor Band that is missing out.... I have to say that because I'm a "band mom" but I do say it because I know it's true.

I wish you luck on writting the new post...

16. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    *settles in to wait for a post*

Good luck on Honor Band. Aren't nice judges great?

17. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Awwww! Thanks for the support, everyone!

With the next post in its final stages, the author has a question for the readers. Bakada and Akretiry have a pretty heavy accent (strikingly similar to Scottish- funny, isn't it?) and in the next post it's going to come out a lot. My question is, do you think the dialogue would be better served by describing the accent every so often to keep it in mind as they speak, or actually typing out how it sounds (which is pretty effective, but also tends to be distracting)?

ie "Do these look like pork tracks to you?" Akretiry asked, turning to Bakada confusedly, the rich brogue dripping from her tongue

or

"D' theyse look liyke porrk tracks t'ye?"

18. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    describing the accent and not qwritting it....

19. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Please Hiroko give us a post. I know you're busy and I'll wait.

Oh, the memories of Honor Band. It seems like it was forever ago, but I can still remember them so it wasn't too long ago. Hope you had fun, I know I always did.

20. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm getting better at not checking my favorite stories everyday--it eases up on my frustration level.
    I await patiently.

21. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    *dangles postie in front of audience* It's almost ready, but I can't post it until I get more of a response.

22. MrsKenobi

MrsKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    I'm sure you did amazing at Honors Band! As for the accent descriptions, I don't know which is better. Maybe a little of both, that way it's not hard to read but we don't forget about the accents.

Eirtae Kenobi

23. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Oh, now we're dangling posts? *resigned siiiiiiiiiiigh* [whine]Hiroko, come on . . . it's been so long. . . . You gotta post . . .[/whine]

*crosses her arms across her chest defiantly* That's all you're going to get out of me if you're going do that.

24. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Jumps up trying to snatch post fromHiroko01
    Dang! I hate being short! Where's Qui-Gon when you need him.

25. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Sorry, dp

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 02-16-2000).]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.