main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahalik Gorena- a JA fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Hiroko01, Feb 15, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    UP!!!!!

This was on page three~

Kithera

PPP (Post people post!) or rather PHP

I'll let you figure that one out for yourself!

2. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    okay.. there are only 4 more days until I can not have anymore star wars... HELP!

3. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 17, 1999
    Hey Hiriko I once again vote for the non-accent route. I think that a slight reminder would be okay but (as you know) I think it's too hard to read. btw, were those pork tracks they were following?

4. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Oh no Master P! We'll miss you! I hope you have a good time in the field. But remember: if the strain gets to be too much, there's always P-day and the local library with an Internet connection.

Well, then, now that I have some input and a little free time (three day weekend and no more English paper, wahoo!)....

5. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    ?How?d your little talk with Kenobi go?? Akretiry inquired, meandering into the other section of the L-shaped living space where Bakada was. In the absence of foreigners, any need to drop their ragged Mornayrran brogue disappeared and their speech took on a rough-edged, almost sloppy burr.

?He, uh, got mad,? Bakada sighed, flopping onto the couch with an out-of-place feeling of contentment. In spite of everything, she felt peaceful, well-rested, and perfectly, normally, safe. She could thank Qui-Gon for that, and did. Wholly and deeply.

?I think he was about ready to kill something for a minute there," Bakada elaborated. "The chivalry was nice, you know, but we?ll not be needing it...?

Taking a pause, Bakada let Akretiry and her upraised eyebrow settle onto the couch before continuing. When she began to speak again, her face and voice turned a little with regret before she buried them in her hands. ?I hope he doesn?t take it too hard! Oh... that could be trouble...? Then she trailed off, fully aware that she wasn?t making much sense at the moment.

Akretiry, now beside her on the couch, emitted a pensive-sounding sigh. The two women sat cross-legged at each end of the short chunk of furniture, facing each other.

?You have to realize Qui-Gon wasn?t as mad as he wanted you to think.? Bakada looked up and something a little like a hopeful smile danced over her eyes.

?Oh, I figured that. Eventually,? she replied smoothly, running a hand over her head. Real anger would have made no sense, not with who Qui-Gon was or what he?d done later. He Jedi mind-tricked me, and guess what? I don?t care!

That thought, a random flippant flutter that could have come from either woman, elicited a short chuckle from both of them.

For a long time they just talked, though not dwelling on anything for too long but Bakada?s new mates and a little of the mission. The inevitable could only be delayed for so long, though.

?You know how to do it?? Akretiry asked. She knew the answer; the only reason she posed the question was that it seemed the gentlest way to center back on subject.

?Aye, I should think so. I?m just wondering... oh, how long it?ll take, mostly.?

?You?ve always been quick to adapt, Bakada,? murmured the woman with child. ?I doubt it?ll be too long.? Adaptation was the means to survival in every realm? biological, social, economic, psychological, and so on ad nauseum. Change held a central place in the world of the Mornay and their ever-tilting balance scale Sla-Nedh, as well as a collective recognition for the need to follow to them. The laws of adaptation held on the mental plane; changing was something Bakada, as all Jedi of her tradition, excelled at.

In the setting of one Jedi?s mind, there were some faultlines getting ready to uplift.

The procedure was simple, though... arduous. Go into Taira, the meditation and mental state that caused one?s mind to flow in straight chronological order; find the right place to begin, and play it. Play it over and play it again (don?t mind how it hurts!)? the receptors becomes desensitized to the adrenaline lacing its blood, the mind callous to what it sees and feels. One?s body become so tired of being afraid that it simply couldn?t be so anymore. ...In its way, the physical self was a better check on itself than the mind could be.

Bakada accepted Akretiry?s assessment with a worldess murmur, staring at the grey sky in the window on the opposing wall. ?You?re not going to stay here, are you? I know you?ve got better things to do.?

?Than be with you at a time like this?? Akretiry rolled her eyes and a wordless twirl of wit appeared in Bakada?s head? the older woman?s ?voice,? making a sarcastic comment on what kind of disorder the younger thought her priorities were in. ?Not really.?

?I don?t want you to see anything,? Bakada told her. ?There?s too much risk of... spillage.? In the two shades of light, soft dull grey from the window and warmer yellow from the lamp beside her, her shaded eyes were drawn into a plea. Begging. She was begging

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    oh waaaay it's so nice to have a post

Kithera

7. MrsKenobi

MrsKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    Thank you so much, Hiroko! Great post! And I liked the 'aye's they reminded me of the accents really well.

Eirtae Kenobi

8. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    What a treat to find a post. I think you did a wonderful job with the dialog and I loved their battle of wills, nice.

9. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Oops.

[This message has been edited by HealerLeona (edited 02-19-2000).]

10. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Very good!! It's nice to have a post again.

11. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Hooray! Hooray! More!

12. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Rise, my friend.

13. MrsKenobi

MrsKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    upsi-daisy

Eirtae Kenobi

14. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Ah, someone has taken pity upon my poor sinking-like-a-rock thread! For this you shall be rewarded.

Apparently music and writing mojo CAN be made to coexist.

Council chairs were usually empty. One or two would be occupied with the others serving only as reminders that there was, in fact, a Council of twelve members somewhere out there. It was a shock to actually see them all assembled there? each and every Master arrayed in a full circle under the late morning sun that lit the little dust particles dancing in the air of the high ceilinged chamber. In that light, then, the two of them would stand and the Councilors in their various states of repose would watch them from all three hundred and sixty degrees. They stood in the bright middle of the room for their eyes, each settling into the accustomed slip of space relative to the other.

?It?s good to see you standing again,? Master Billaba opened pleasantly.

?It?s good to be standing,? Qui-Gon replied in kind, giving a short bow of acknowledgement to the greeting.

Smile, nod, a glance turning curious. "Where is Healer Gozen??

Though slapped down quickly, nervousness made a definite appearance in Obi-Wan?s sense. Qui-Gon hoped that as his Master, he?d been the only one to feel it. Luckily there was no need to add to the mental noise by shhing him? he could trust his Padawan Learner to keep himself in line.

?She?s meditating,? he replied simply.

?How so, that she cannot be disturbed?? Eeth Koth asked.

?The timing is critical, somehow,? Qui-Gon told him with a faint hands-out gesture. If he didn?t seem to have information, they wouldn?t ask for it. Then he erected shields? nothing so overt as to look suspicious, but enough to contain his mind within himself. The Council would readily skim information off the top, but they wouldn?t dare dig.

?No great matter,? she acquiesced. See, Obi-Wan? You worry too much. ?Our business is mostly with you two anyhow.?

An ironic cast fluttered over Obi-Wan?s mental demeanor. So you say, Master.

Master Billaba stirred and spoke. ?Are you all settling into your quarters well? We apologize, once again, for the sleeping space shortage...? In the Temple, the largest number of beds in per apartment was two. Master and Padawan. Three was an awkward number, and not on the Temple was prepared for. When they came back from notifying the floor?s Quartermaster, however, Bakada was halfway through installing wall anchors for a hammock and had a body-length of netting at the ready, coiled neatly into a twist lying on the floor at her side. She claimed that she preferred to sleep in hammocks anyhow.

?In truth, the arrangements seem to be working well,? Qui-Gon replied.

Closing her eyes with her last nod, Master Billaba said ?Ask if you require anything; the Temple is at your service.?

?We will, Master Billaba.?

It looked pretty clear to Obi-Wan that nobody would be speaking to him during his Council session. Business as usual; at times like these, he developed the habit of simply meditating through them. Immersed in the Force, he was even less likely to miss some goings-on than he normally would be. Most importantly, it occupied his mind and allowed the minutes to pass beneath his notice.

The Council chamber was an interesting place to do it in. Any meaning behind those visages was forbidden to the eyes, but their "hidden? thoughts threaded the air with purpose and expression. Obi-Wan settled his gaze to some indistinct spot on the floor and spaced off into a light snooze, ready to snap out if needed.

As Qui-Gon acknowledged her, the place seemed to shift focus to someplace to his right and behind a little. It took on a slightly different tang to it as well, no longer the whispery domain of the Chalacta woman but fuller, more solid and bronzy-colored. Recognizing the new ?voice? as they turned to face it, the two men in the center of the chamber met eyes with Mace Windu and bowed slightly in respect.

The circular arrangement of the Council chamber was supposed to strip away consid

15. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Nice two posts Geez, the stuff I miss when I'm doing Analog homework....

BTW, is Anakin really the Chosen One in this story? I'd love to see him sent back home

16. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Hiroko01 thanks for another great post. I only wish you'd do it more often.

17. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    Hmm...JC readers are less alert than I thought. Shall the next "interlude" be more dramatic Hiroko m'dear?

18. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    *blinks dazed* This is a wonderful break from the tortures of homework . . .

19. Jedi Master Ann'ho Fiida

Jul 17, 1999
    *jabs with stick*
    And still, no response. What d'ya think Hiroko...are they still alive or just sleeping?

Perhaps the sweet smell of bacon in the morning would wake them...

20. Scully-Wan Kenobi

Scully-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 1999
    Greetings, all! Just popping in from the lab computers to say hi, as ICQ is no longer possible for me, at least for the immediate future. My roomate unexpectedly moved out, and took the computer with her I'll try and post here more often, to keep in touch with everyone...

Great post, Hiroko!

21. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Yay!! Yay!! Moooooore!

22. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Wow.

I'm glad you guys like the post, but I'm wondering how carefully it's actually being read. [teacher]Let's try this again, shall we?[/teacher] Top...

23. Gumbi Jedi

Gumbi Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 1999
    How carefully it's being read? What is this Hiroko? An analytical literature class? Wait...let me get out my magnifying glass...

I thought I read the absolutely wonderful post pretty carefully, but maybe I was mistaken.

24. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Geez those were nice post.
    HEY I didn't know you all had ICQ.
    So do I. But I don't talk on it much. I don't have anyone to talk to. If anyone wants to chat with little ole me let me know and I can give you my number.

25. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    So the part with the pig flying past the Jedi Council smack into a garbage truck didn't look the slightest bit odd or out of place to anyone? Hmm...

While "word up" posts are good for a writer's fragile ego, one starts to wonder when they still keep coming after the writer's deliberately put something in there to make the readers wonder what the heck is going on. I've gotten far enough along with this story that I'm not going to stop; I just need input and observations to make the rest of it better. The audience would be doing themselves a favor by being more critical about what they read.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.