main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahalik Gorena- a JA fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Hiroko01, Feb 15, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    School's almost out! Yea I can post now! Yea! Here's the first new post in a really long time! Yea!

GumbiJedi- the religious references start here, though probably not in the way you'd expect.

I am really sorry for keeping everyone waiting for so long, but real life gets in the way sometimes. Just be glad the computer turned out to be fixable when my little bro accidentally set some password he didn't remember into it or we'd all really be screwed.

It was common knowledge that every Jedi worth their salt had a little masochistic bent in them. Otherwise they would not be able to live the life they did.

Bakada didn?t know how many run-throughs the memory took to lose its sting; she wasn?t counting, but it was a darn good lot of them. Having seen it had never been what troubled her anyway. The fact that she hadn?t kept it from happening was. Her problem had never been having had seen it; she saw plenty of things in her head that weren?t any fun and she didn?t have any problems leaving those memories alone. What haunted her was that she?d let something like that happen to Akretiry in the first place.

That?s right. Thanks to her fabulous skill and ability, her best friend was now knocked up by Force-knew-who, with no father for the child. As awful as it was to behold it, it was worse to take part in responsibility for it.

And yet, every time her thoughts headed in that dark direction, Akretiry would practically smack her upside the head with reproof. She didn?t like being pitied.

?When faced with an obstacle,? she would always say, or some variant on that? ?When you run into one of those rough spots you have two choices. Deal with it; rise to its challenge, or flop. The only direction you can go is forward? time to start walking.?

Well then, Bakada thought with a sigh, time to get movin? out of here. She ran through it a few more times for thoroughness?s sake. By this time it was getting to be just plain annoying to watch it... again... Boring, repetetive, redundant... and that was how she knew that she was finished there. That, and as she started bringing herself to she thought rather irrelevantly that she could probably use a shower. Yes. A shower would make her feel so much better... For the first time in thirty-six hours, she let her thoughts slip outside of the memory-stream and instantly drifted out of it.

Up she levered her head, feeling an antiseptic-like sting in the muscles all down her shoulders and spine. Alright. Now to get up. Ugh. Roll, roll, now move foot?

Ouf!

~~~~~~~~~

Obi-Wan?s head shot up off the pillow and as he sat rocketing up, twisted his body over to the right. At the same time as all this movement, his sword hand shot to the table beside the bed and slid right into grip around the lightsaber sitting there.

Now that he was ready for whatever?d disturbed his half-sleep like that, time to inspect. At this hour of the night there was little possibility for actual thinking? these were the sorts of times that drilling
    prepared for. He had the luxury of reflex and instinct to fall back on instead of needing to take the time for everything to register and process in his brain when tired or otherwise unfocused.

Craning his neck and body slowly over to see past the edge of the mattress, he let his saber arm fall back. Though habitual caution kept him from relaxing all the way, there wasn?t that watch-out feeling that foreboded something dangerous.

The first peek over the edge revealed the presence of something, though? a long thick-black shape on the dark night-murky gray of the floor. With the quick second sweep his eyes made, he noticed that the hammock was empty and that the black thing on the floor was alive.

Ah. Of course. Gozen was up. Sort of...

?Hey,? he ventured, in the softest whisper he could manage. He was about to hail her again when she gave a low, crackly groan in the chain-smoker voice of someone who?d just woken up. At the same time she shifted and stirred about in a stiff, halting sort of way.

?Ohhh wow...?

?Are yo

2. MrsKenobi

MrsKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 1999
    AHHHHHHH!! Yay!! What a perfect birthday present, the story's back! Thank you for starting it back up again Hiroko, I really liked the last post. Staying up the whole night talking will only bring Obi-wan and Bakada closer

Eirtae Kenobi

3. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Another posting! It's great to see more on this story. Glad you were able to solve the problem and post again.

4. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    A long time between posts is right, I for one don't know what I'd do without my computer.

A wonderful post Hiroko. I feels so good to slide back into your story.

5. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Eep! Thanks for the welcome back, you guys. After so long I was afraid I'd lost everybody.

I'm also working on Beth d Anatth, the prequel to this story. (da-ding!) If you ever wondered what was up with Qui-Gon and Akretiry's backstory, here's where you find out. I figured this story, Gorena, would mean a little more if it had some more depth to it. SO, I shall now go kick it back up so y'all can find it...

And yes, I'm still working on this one! Fear not.

6. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Love it so far. More!

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow, Hiroko, what can I say? (I just read this entire thing in one sitting) This story is incredible. The characterization is incredible, there's just the right amount of description, and the dialogue is full of great lines.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I like to touch...

That's my personal favorite...

I also liked your whole metaphor of the force and its comparison to music. Very well done.

And does Bakada's philosophy seem somewhat familiar, or is it just me? (Now I'm trying to place it )

Keep up the wonderful work, Hiroko!

[This message has been edited by Jedi Master Mara Jade (edited 06-16-2000).]

8. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Ahh, you flatter me so, Master Mara Jade! Thanks for the compliments- those were some of the aspects of this story that I've really been focusing on. *does a happy little twirl* As for Bakada's philosophy: Taoism makes the yin-yang go round!

9. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    :crawls up from the dusty dregs of the bottom of the forum:

Eureka! I found it!

FYI, the story starts on the 2nd page, is mostly intact except some of the longer posts have been cut off. :(

10. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Poopers to that! Well, at least it's here- thanks for bringing it up, JMMJ! Thank you everybody for your patience... umm.. it looks like we're going to have to use our imagination with italics. Anyway *drumroll* here she is.

A little after noon, somebody woke up and leapt out of bed. She had the peevish mood of somebody who knew they?d just wasted half the day? the sun barely slanted into the room anymore at this hour, just barely managing to light the windowsill...

Where were they, anyway? Both beds were empty, as was only proper for this time of day. The thing that marked Bakada?s interest was that they were both made.

They... made... their... beds, she thought, gazing at the tidy sight while mulling it over. I wonder if that?s normal or if they?re just trying to be neat because I?m here?

Nah. They seemed pretty normal, at least as far as she knew. She decided to give them the benefit of a doubt and turned to getting dressed for a run. Last night when she woke up last night she knew it was high time to get in some workout hours or risk getting seriously sluggish.

Grrr! she grumbled to herself. Again. [i Why didn?t they wake me up?[/i]

Stretching everything that felt tight as she went along, Bakada got dressed for a run. Then a quick run-through of her usual stretches and out the door she went.

The longest of the halls passing around the Temple?s circumference had discreet kilometer markers set into them for just this purpose. Upon passing her third one, Bakada was starting to get really annoyed with herself. She wasn?t running so much as jogging, shuffling along, and it was a hideous sort of stomp-and-bounce sort of stride she had going. Swimming or climbing was looking like a much better prospect at the moment.

There were some wild-looking trees in the gardens...

However, she had adopted as general policy many years ago not to quit until she?d gone five kilometers. If she didn?t hit her groove by then, she could let herself go and do something more productive. The fact was some days it just didn?t work. But, somehow, a good pace never happened until you?d done four or five klicks.

After that it was easy; and true to form, a minute or so after the fourth kilometer mark Bakada noticed that she wasn?t trying anymore. She was gliding. Fleet and quick, she loped along with scarcely any effort at all. This phenomenon was they key to distance running, and it went by many names: flow, focus, The Zone. Jedi called it Zanshin...

The logic of the Force was a different one. When you were in it you lived entirely in the present. And as it turned out, there were so many manifold directions to take your attention lying solely in the present that everything else was forgotten. There was no anxiety or worry in the Force?s present. Only the calm, the warmth and sureness of a knowledge that fed straight into the soul.

And people wondered why it was addictive.

It wasn?t long past that moment, feeling blissfully in key with her environs, that Bakada noticed Qui-Gon and his apprentice in the Temple main library. The place was a random conglomeration of countless wings, lobes, and nooks. A few parts reached out to the outer hallway where she ran. They faced that corridor with tall windows of such spectacular austerity that Bakada felt just a little irreverent and odd to run past them.

That wasn?t quite enough to deflate her Force-enhanced bubble, however. Bakada was humming along in her own hyperalert universe when she saw two people in the library that she recognized very
    well. Time appeared to do a distinctive halt and hula maneuver as she rounded the corner, getting a better visual perspective, and the details of what they were doing all reported in at once before her brain even properly registered the fact that she?d seen them.

Oh! Wasn?t that neat? she wondered briefly, marveling still at the way her brain worked under the influence of the Force. It never got old.

Master Jinn was standing, be

11. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    Yahoo, a new post!! You just made my...er..evening, Hiroko! :)

12. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    :blinks:

:blinks again, hard:

A post?! Time for the Little Jedi dance of joy!

Oh, and I love it!

--------------------------------------------------

Goobers!

--------------------------------------------------

Don't mind me, I just think it's funny. I've found it, my new swear word for the day! =)

13. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    *LOL* Glad I could be of service, ma'am.

Ok, I'm digging the next Beth d Anatth post out of an ICQ history log somewhere, only I don't know quite which one.

14. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Up, so everyone can see the long, nice, pretty new post. =)

15. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    I really need someone to come over to my house and beat me senseless when I miss posts.

16. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Bad news, kids. I'm going out of town for a week starting Saturday and won't be able to get a post in. Then the good news is I'm coming back next Sunday, but the other bad news is that I'm only staying long enough to pack for the next week of camp.

(Look at it this way: how else am I supposed to get inspiration for stomping around in the jungle? ;)

Anyway, thought I'd better let you know, and don't feel obligated to keep the thread up. :)

17. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Uppers, since this thread doesn't deserve to be where it was.

As to where it was...you really *don't* want to know. =) >=( Post soon, Hiroko!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.