main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Ahh Good Ol' Fashioned Rumors... :D

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    I wasnt so lucky but I didnt get messed with too much because people knew I had a temper and would most likely deck them.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Sounds very familiar, and like I have found another long lost twin. :D

3. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] @ IA...that is soooo true! I just [face_love] ya! [face_laugh]

I too have not been very lucky with the no rumors thing...somehow I just attract them. Must be the hair. ;)

I could probably fill this thread with the ones that have been spread about me.

I'm so used to it now, I just let people think what they want until it involves my friends. That's when I try to straighten them out for their sakes.

Heck there was a girl who even thought I'd died in a fiery plane crash once...

4. Darth_Moridin

Darth_Moridin Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2002
    The rumor of my death has been greatly exaggerated...

Sorry, couldn't help it. I can't believe no one has said that yet, knowing this group.

I've been the subject of many rumors. Here's one the backstory. I dated a girl name Audrey my freshman year. During our relationship, we did all the things horny, uninhibited teens do. We broke up after a few months and I started dating Monica.

The Rumor: I was the reason she was pregnant.

The Truth About a month after we broke up, I started dating Monica. The rumor came about when Audrey was about 6 months along. Also keep in mind that I had been dating Monica fo almost a year at this point. You do the math.

My new rumor about me: I am not actually human. I am a cleverly disguised android created by pan-dimensional hyperintelligent mice.

5. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] I [face_love] it Moridin! :D

I'll tell you about the firey crash...

The summer I turned 16 I went to Utah to meet up with my Aunt for a summer of camping, rollercoasters, and all out mayhem. (Yeah, she's awesome.) Anyway, all my friends knew that we'd be flying to Seattle over the summer.

The rumor: (And I still don't know who started this one) That my aunt and I died in a horrific airplane crash. See, my Aunt was flying the plane and lost conciousness for some reason. I was alseep and didn't know what was happening. We both went up in a glorious fire ball and our charred remains were found a week later.

The truth: We took a commerical flight to Seattle and had a summer of camping, rollercoasters, and all out mayhem. (Yes, she's cool.)

The outcome: I returned home at the end of the summer and while I was back at my job at Baskin Robbins a girl I knew from high school came in for ice cream. When she saw me she went pale and started to shake. I asked her if she was ok and she started laughing and saying "You're alive!!!" I said, "Uh, yeah." She then told me the story and after I finished laughing I bought her the ice cream for being so upset over my firey death.

The new rumor: I am actually a trained death machine. I was raised among pygmie antelope and can kill you with a simple twist of my hoof..er..hand.

6. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    My rumor is that I am the Master of time & space. I just happened to be bored and pretending to be a Tavern owner. ;)

7. -Master-

-Master- Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2002
    Or is it?

Mwwwuuuaaaahahahahahaha!

8. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] I like it Master! Everyone needs a change now and then! :D

9. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Actually, I do remember one rumor my old RPG group spread about me, mostly as a joke that grew larger than we had predicted.

The rumor: I was involved in a court case against organized crime and left Phoenix as part of the Witness Relocation Program.

The truth: I was visiting family and working a summer job out of state.

How it got started: Andrew, part of our RPG group, had been absent for several games and thus didn't know the whole story of where I had gone. So he made the mistake of asking. Charles gave him the Witness Relocation Program line as a joke. Several weeks later everyone at Atomic Comics was talking about how I was being hunted by the Mob.

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I mentioned that the rumors were going to be good about the holiday party. . . Well, apparently I am the topic of discussion at the moment. It's already good.

Rumor: I'm not just bringing a date to the holiday party, it's my lesbian lover. . .

[face_laugh] *gasp, choke, guffaw*

OMG - I cannot stop laughing. I just got off the phone w/ one of my co-workers and she told me what she had heard from one of the gossip mongers. [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

And they haven't even met my "date" yet! (the friend who agreed to come to this thing w/ me - mostly just to stir up trouble w/ the lead gossip monger ;) ) [face_laugh]

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    ZOO that is great!!! maybe you should walk in with a woman just so to mess with them. [face_laugh]

12. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    I told my friend about what I had heard and this was his response:

Hey, should I wear a wig & a dress & then halfway through dinner like... rip em off?

"I'm a man BABY!!!!!!"

Sense of humor is key in my friendships :D

13. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    I would pay to watch the reactions to that! [face_laugh]

14. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Especially if you saw my friend! :eek:

He's a great guy, but he'd make a lousy woman. [face_laugh]

15. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Then the rumors would probably be even funnier: "...and her date wasn't even a good-looking woman!" [face_laugh]

16. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oh IA that's GOOD!!! Hee hee...somehow I can see that one! [face_shocked]

BTW...you negelected to start a NEW rumor about yourself. I am SOOOO interested to hear what you can come up with!

True to form aren't they Zoo!!! [face_laugh] I knew it would be good and they're FAST too! WOW!!

Oh man...I would love to see that too!

17. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I always heard a rumor that I looked like Corey Feldman... Hmm..

18. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    Way back when, I used to race bicycles on a weekly basis. (I know it's hard to believe, seeing how much I have, well, marshmallowed since then, but it's true.) In order to minimise the healing time and grief while healing (just in case) I would keep my legs shaved, to keep the hair out of the road rash - so my legs were almost always silky smooth... (tee hee!)

I also used to go camping with the boy sprouts, and one winter, we were going snow camping, and I was showing the kids what I had in my cold weather gear - which included some nylons... (try wearing them sometime when it's cold out, especially under your regular clothes, they really help the insulation factor)

So - silky smooth legs, and nylons, and you can see where this might be going... Let's just say there were some rumours running around that I was FABULOUS!

heh heh... not true, but funny nonetheless.

Now - to make one up...

There's this rumour, that I heard from like, my friend, who heard it from his friend, who heard it from his former room-mates, brother's sister in laws third cousin's hairdressers nieces old babysitters aunt?

Jeff and Julie are more than just attached - they are actually first cousins - after all, that's how rednecks make more rednecks...

19. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Is it still a rumor if it's true, Feldman? ?[face_plain] :D

20. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Commander- [face_laugh] OMG, I can't stop laughing [face_laugh]

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! [face_laugh] That is too good! [face_laugh]

[face_laugh] You think that's funny you should see him wearing Julie's sweats!!!

*Ducks the flying nylons*

Just kidding Jeff...You know you're FABULOUS!! *SNAPS FINGERS*

22. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    You go girl

23. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Thanks Kirana :)

Guess its better than Being Corey Haim.. after all he got all the money. all the girls.. But im not bitter ...

24. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] I still don't get it...Corey Haim I mean...

I never did like that brat.

25. -Master-

Dec 3, 2002
    Never could understand it myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.