Phx Ahh Good Ol' Fashioned Rumors... :D

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, Dec 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. -Master- Jedi Master

star 4
    My wife's works Xmas party was a disaster.

4000 people, seating for 200, 1 bathroom.
  2. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Master-That sucks. Our is always at our CEO's country club, so that part is always nice.

I am missing out on the rumor mill right now. I caught some kind of a bug this weekend and I slept in this morning to try and fight off the effects. Of course, this does give them more time to talk amingst themselves and to speculate even more :) I'm heading in after lunch, but it should be very entertaining. Apparently my mother had heard some of the rumors floating around as well (we work together), so I guess it was a little more interesting than I was told. ;)
  3. Jedi_Webb Jedi Master

star 3
    Hey... HOT off the press, I heard that there might be something going on at the LAN party between Moe and JW. [face_devil] ;)
    (sorry guys, couldn't resist)
  4. Idiots Array Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, a new rumor about me: You just think I work as an IT ninja. In reality I work as a Bail Bond Enforcement Agent and I travel to California to visit my wife and three kids.
  5. Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Master

star 4
    RoyalRedCynic isn't that bad of a driver...he justs needs to be occasionally reminded of which side of the road he should be driving on. ;) [face_laugh]
  6. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] @ Webb!!!

IA: [face_laugh] You know what's crazy? I can totally see that one too!!! [face_shocked] [face_laugh]
  7. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Okay, here's the first one I've caught wind of (I have a little migraine at the moment so bear w/ me on the typing)

Rumor: It seems that my mother is not happy w/ my "boyfriend." It appears that he is one of those shiftless layabouts, who is only dating me because I am helping to support him. This would explain why she supposedly refused to speak w/ him at the party and spent the whole night avoiding the two of us. And he and I snuck out from the party leaving my mother high & dry

Reality: Mom is a social butterfly, I am not. We sat down at a table and enjoyed my hors'deovurs (sp?) and was joined for a brief moment by my mother, who then proceded to flit about the room talking to everyone (as she always does). At dinner, my friend sat between me and my mother. We had some interesting conversations (across the whole table) and he and I slipped out quietly once the cigar smoking kicked in after dinner. And Mom beat us out the door (she has really bad asthma so she never sticks around for that part of the evening).

New Rumor: I am actually an investigator for the SEC and Josh is my partner. We were scoping out a new case that involves fraudulent merchant banking firms in Denver. We're about to bust the whole thing wide open. IT's really a front for smuggling beach balls into the country :D
  8. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] That's hysterical!!! Don't you love mothers! [face_plain]

I can't wait to hear what others come up with! [face_laugh]

Here's one that has recently come up about me AGAIN! [face_laugh]

Rumor: Oh my GAWD!! Did you hear the latest about Rachel? [face_shocked] She's an internet P**n star! [face_shocked] It's true!!! I've seen the pictures!

My response: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] OMG!!!!

Reality: I do have pictures for a product on the web...so not P**N!! And it's a goofy picture at that.

Can you just imagine! *BAD P**N MUSIC: Bow-chicka-bow-bow*

New Rumor: I'm a fugitive on the run. I have been involved in numerous crimes involving the senseless murder of thousands of house spiders. There is a $5 bounty for my capture, but YOU'LL NOT TAKE ME ALIVE!!!!

9. Diesel_Dave Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't remember the details but many moons ago back in CA there where rumors about who I was seeing and "uhem". None true but in this case I did wish they were. ;)
  10. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    Well, I have been wondering where our fearless leader from Denver has been, I see now that she has a new "LOVE" interest, she has been hanging out in Phoenix........hmmmmmmm.....SO, the rumors are true.......

......they do make a truely delightful couple :D :D ;)

...sorry Jen, I simply could not resist
  11. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Thanks Mel! I guess I'll have to behave myself if everyone starts coming down here [face_blush]
  12. Darth_Santa Jedi Padawan

Someone has been spreading rumors about Santa.... which is not nice... <checks list>

Apparently there are several opinions on who I actually am, I must say that only Void Dancer knows (makes BIG star by Lil' Billy's name on his list) the whole truth behind this, and he's being good and not saying anything.

So, to quell rumors, I am NOT Mobius, I am NOT Mrbunny, I am CERTAINLY not Darth_Greedo, I am NOT Jedi_Webb and I am not ChoadsGirl...

Nor am I Zam_Holly, nor Kreleia, nor Jedi Wench...

So - it may be that I will reveal myself to the Jedi, boy doesn't that present an interesting mental picture, but not right now. I'm having too much fun with this.

Merry Christmas to all, and all y'all have a good night.

Darth Santa
  13. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Okay, just a sec [face_laugh] *gasp, choke, giggle, deep breath [face_laugh]

All right that's better. Just heard the latest on my "date."

Rumor: Seems we slipped away from the party to um, . . "Share some holiday cheer" out on the 1st green at the country club. And in a broom closet and in the card room, and . . . (You get the idea) :eek:

Reality: I don't think we had time for all of that, and to sit at our table through the whole thing and talk to everyone at least once, and have dinner. That and the fact that Josh is a really good friend who's going through a rough time, so I was trying to get him out of his house for a night (and stir up trouble w/ the irritating people in my office [face_mischief] ). I suppose it should be flattering to both of us that they decided we were that good or is it bad ;)

New Rumor: I am a recovering veteran of the Great Battle of the Retail Beast of 2002 (oh wait that's true, at least it will be after this weekend :( )

14. Kirana_T Jedi Master

star 4
    Must have been some party! :eek: :D

15. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    [face_laugh] thats great. but on the first green, wouldnt that have been really cold?
  16. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]!!! Good one! I never knew you could be in two places at once Zoo!! ;)

Oh and Santa I'm narrowing you down... [face_devil] and not from your above post either... have fun while you can. [face_devil] :D

Either way I think you're doing a fantastic job! ;)

Oh and next time try not to pinch me there...Mrs. Claus might get jealous. ;)
  17. Diesel_Dave Jedi Master

star 4
  18. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    Ahhhhh, rumors indeed.

The first green?! C'mon people, give me some credit.
    Im a gentleman. I would have made the long walk to the back nine.
    ;) :D

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

C'mon!!!!!! It was a fun night with a friend. Some people just have to say something. Well it is nice to know that we are/were that interesting to some, but they obviously arent good with the math.
    Of course... I admit... that story sure adds to the fun, though! :)
    What a bunch of .......
  19. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Thanks Josh, I thought it would be good to get the "other person's" perspective on that one.

Just look at it this way, they must have thought quite a lot about you to think you had that kind of fortitude ;)
  20. arrowheadpodracer Force Ghost

star 5
    yeah... I have a certain "glow" about me. :D
  21. Rhiannon Jedi Knight

star 3
    Rumor: ChoadsGirl and I get along just great and we can't get enough of each other.

Reality: We can't stand one another and are just putting up a front for when Jeff and Dave are around. Why do you think I'm posting to the board while I'm at Choad's house with Julie??? She's got me locked in the computer room and won't let me out!

New Rumor: I love the fact that Dave pages me constantly, even when he's at work and out of town!

22. Diesel_Dave Jedi Master

star 4
  23. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] Ok, once again I have been the target of a unimaginative rumor. I mean come on! Is this all they've got?! SHEESH!

The Rumor: My friend Alison heard from my friend Jessica who either made this up or heard it from some one else that I am now pregnant with my third child.

OK.

The Truth: I've never even had my second child yet! [face_laugh]

The Reality: My friend Alison came home for Christmas break from college in Colorado and ran into my friend Jessica who I have neither seen nor spoken to since our graduation day on June 3rd, 1994. Alison asked Jessica if she knew how I was doing and Jessica stated very matter of factly that I was pregnant with my third child.

Oh well, she never did have a vivid imagination to begin with.

New Rumor: I am an evil scientist who has discovered the formula for long luxurious hair growth. The bad news? I've slipped it into your deodorant, lotion and makeup! MWAAA HAAA HAAAAA! The WOOKIES will reign supreme!
  24. ChoadsGirl Jedi Knight

star 2
    I see you've already been sharing it with Jeff.
  25. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    You really are a rumor magnet :eek:

My latest one is born for a small bit of truth.

Rumor: I am leaving my job to travel the country as a religious literature salesperson (or some kind of cult thing, it was hard to make out what they meant).

Reality: I had a job offer to work for an accounting software company as a trainer and in "end-user development." I would have been travelling the country training people how to use the software. But they weren't willing to offer me enough to leave my friends, family and education to relocate to Portland and start all over. So, I turned down the job, but not before I weaseled some more money out of my current employer [face_devil]

New Rumor: I am the fifth Beatle. I am actually a 67 year old cockney w/ a penchant for blues guitar and making Paul & John cry
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.