main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahhhhh August

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I might bring someone along too, Mary. No worries, we can run and hide together if things get to scary...

2. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    So what is the exact place we are meeting at? What time did you want us there and is there anything that you want us to bring?

I have roasting sticks that I can bring up and if I have a truck that night, possibly a firepit and some fire wood.

3. Pounce

Pounce Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm going to bring some hot dogs and buns and mustard and relish. If you are nice and I have extras maybe I'll share. :-D

I'm also gonna bring some fudge cookies and Fluffy-Puffs.

I really wish I had bid on the roasting stick thingies at my family reunion now...do wire coat hangers work?

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I have 8 roasting sticks I can bring. I think. but you can make a roasting stick out of a hanger and some wood. I don't know exactly how to do it, but my dad did it. :D

5. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    I cannot make it this month either. School is going to keep me busy, and a certain friend is planning her funeral, I mean wedding. I am going to help her out this weekend.

Why is there not enough time to do everything that I need to do?

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    The wedding isn't for what? another few months or so?

I forget about sleeping so that's how I'm able to get everything I need done.

7. kita_pounce

kita_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2003
    So where exactly is this little shin dig gunna take place...cause some of us need to know....aka all of us that are going!

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I've sent an e-mail to Ondiv about all of this and I'm waiting for a response from that. I think some family things have come up, I'll call her later on this evening.

9. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Sorry all...I did have some family things happen...but alls well and everyones still alive (...)

OK! Friday night! In all honesty I haven't decided on where I/we want this to be. We can do it in your neck of the woods in SLC county or in my neck in the Bubble. If we do it down here we can all meet at the Alpine/Highland park and ride and car pool to the park that we can "play" at (I was hoping in the mountains but it won't work because of where Mars sits when it gets dark enough to see it). If we do it in SLC I need someone to suggest a park...someone said Sugarhouse park I think.
    Beyond that plan on meeting at 9pm, bring a light jacket as it might get chilly in the evening...and a flashlight/lightsaber.
    Also, does anyone but me have a telescope that they would be willing to bring?

10. The-Rookie

The-Rookie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    But we have to get everything planned out what we are going to do because we are going to be busy for the next couple of months. Her mom is only in town for a short while and wont be back until the wedding.

11. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I think we should have it done in the bubble. It's farther away from the city lights of Salt Lake. But that's just me thinking there. If I can get a truck I can bring a fire pit thing so we can roast some things over a fire if we do it in a park or something.

12. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    I'm bringing a camp-skillet and a telescope.
    oh and lots o meat.

--- sig ---

too tired to think of a sig.

13. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    They say it might rain. :(

Oh wait...this is Utah...there's no such thing as rain...

Carry on then.

:D

14. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    wait, what's rain again? ?[face_plain]

15. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Sounds good then. In the bubble. Well, then we can do it at Burgess Park...its a cute little park used mostly for city base/softball teams...big green lawn, playground...um, grass. There is a pavilon and grill there so we can use that for all the MEAT that Frio is bringing. I'll get in touch with the city tomorrow,er,today and see about reserving that. The city has a tendency to water the lawn in the evenings.

Rain shouldn't be to much of a problem...just make sure to wear white tshirts.

16. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    is it a sure thing about the park?

if so I won't pack up the griddle/grill.

--- sig ---

Blessed are they who Go Around in Circles, for they Shall be Known as Wheels.

17. Master_Beorn

Master_Beorn Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    Ok, maybe I am a retard...

What is the street address of this place? Or have we decided for certain? Or has someone said and I just missed it?

Please be gentle with me, my brain is fried. Everyone send good vibes this way, I am taking my A+ certification tests today. And I am stressed.

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I haven't read an address yet. Directions might be good, unless everyone wants to follow me. :D Not like I know wehre I"m going.

19. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    If we meet at the Alpine Park and Ride its just off of the freeway on the east side. You take the Alpine/Highland freeway exit and turn left, go under the freeway. After the stop light turn left again into the park 'n' ride. Thats a good place to meet. But if you all just want to show up at the park heres how you get there. Get off freeway at the same exit. Head towards the mountains (EAST). Continue until the end of time. Turn Left (NORTH) at 5300 W. Turn left again (WEST) at the Shadow Mountain Junction gas station (there isn't a readable street sign). The road curves around, follow it :}
    Turn Right (NORTH) on River Road, you'll see the park (the name of the park is Burgess Park, its in Alpine) We are in the NORTH pavilon, next to the tenis courts. There are grils there and I'll have charcoal for us :}
    There is a play ground area, tennis courts, basketball court, soft ball fields to play in, so feel free to bring stuff.
    If you get lost, call me and I'll talk you through it...PM me if you want it and I'll give it to you (and you thought I was going to post it for all the world to see :p )

EDIT: Bold added

20. kita_pounce

kita_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2003
    so where are we meeting?!?!?!?

Its thursday people...TOMORROW is friday!! Someone better figure it out so we don't all end up meeting at 2 differnet places!

21. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Is the park by your house? If it is people can follow me there. :D I'm a good stalker.. I mean CR ;)

Where ever everyone else wants to meet, I'm game.

22. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    Yes Mary, it is the park across from my house :} You've gotta good memory!

People who want to car pool into Alpine can meet at the park and ride, or you can just come staight to the park. Depends how much gas you wish to spend on the trip :}

23. Pounce

Sep 24, 2002
    We'll prolly meet everybody at the park...we tend to run late esp on weeknights. What time do you want to begin?

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Okay so we meet there and I get to lead everyone to the other park? :D Wahoo, I get to be the leader. *does a little dance*

25. ondiv

Nov 18, 2002
    I was thinking if everyone started showing up at 9pm we could get the fires stoked and the the telescopes setup. We could start eatting at around 930ish...or when most everyone/the food arrives :}

I've figured that the best time to see Mars is around 10-1030pm.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.