main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahmed Best returns to TCW (was: Ahmed Best abandons Jar Jar!?)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by QuiWanKenJin, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

Does anyone why Ahmed turned down voicing Jar Jar after Bombad General? Not getting paid enough, does he finally hate the character?

2. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    Maybe he is back on Broadway and doesn't have the time. That's where he got started and does most of his work.

Besides, I like the new voice and it's not like Jar Jar is in every episode anyway.

3. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I have no idea why Ahmed has stopped doing the voice. I really hate the new voice and hope that Best is back soon though.

4. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    Jar Jar just isn't the same without Ahmed Best to do his voice. I don't think Ahmed hates the character now, maybe he just dosn't have the time for it. I actually like "Bombad Jedi" better than "Gungan General" simply because of Jar Jar's voice.

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    It's too bad that this occured. Ahmad Best will always be known as the voice of Jar Jar, and nothing will ever change that.

6. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm just really confused about the new guy. BJ hughs or something. There was an interview with Dave Filoni that makes you really wonder whats up with that guy.

7. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    Hmmm... we need a "B.J. Hughes appreciation thread" in the YJCC

8. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    That would be my guess too.

9. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Jar Jar still drives me crazy, but I don't think the new voice is that bad. Different, yes, but in a series where almost all the voices are different, that's not really a big deal to me.

And I agree with the others who say he's probably just too busy right now.

10. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Last year Ahmed was the writer, producer, and director of a TV pilot called "This Can't Be My Life." That would take up a lot of his time. Additionally, he's working on two films right now. "Mother and Child" is in the middle of shooting right now, and another production, "The Reapers," begins shooting next month. So he's likely been too busy to work on Clone Wars.

Yancy

11. jedi-soon

jedi-soon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 27, 2001
    I think I'd prefer to see Ahmed back in the role, but BJ will probably grow on me. It's not like he's up against a huge body of work to have to overcome people's perceptions.

12. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    No idea why he's not on the show...but I'm glad he's keeping busy with other work. Even though I never liked Jar Jar, I always admired Ahmed's performance. He really brought life to the character. I feel bad for all of the fanboy hate the is directed his way. As we can see in Gungan General and Blue Shadow Virus, Jar Jar just isn't Jar Jar without Ahmed Best.

13. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    I know its popular to hate Jar Jar, but when I watch CW with my 5 & 4 year olds, he really does make then laugh. Its at those moments that I realize he's not there for us adults.

I will say that I'm very tempted to start a Jar Jar casualty thread.

1. Bombad Jedi - One Naboo Cruiser
    2. Gungan General - One three eyed senator, two Clone Pilots, and a shuttle.
    3. Blue Velet Virus - One captured Tatcial droid, infected Padme by getting her suit punctured.

14. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    You think that's a body count? Wait until he's had his military training and shows up wearing full mandalorian armor, complete with flamethrower and rocket launcher.

"Whata thisa button do?"
    KAABOOOOOOOOOOM
    "Woopsie..."

I guess we'll finally start seeing more dead Jedi then...

15. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    [face_laugh] I still can't believe they're going to train Jar Jar to fight.

16. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    If I were Best, I'd probably want to focus my artistic energies on other things to move away from my name being synonymous with "The Character that Killed Star Wars for an Entire Generation".

17. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Um, that is OPINION. Jar Jar didn't kill Star Wars at all. When people hate Jar Jar, they state it like it's fact. "Jar Jar is the most stupidest character ever." is only an opinion...

IMO, Jar Jar is a great character! He brings great fun to the movies/series!

18. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    Hasn't anyone told you yet, that your opinion is wrong? ;) Just playing...

The voice change seems odd to me. I don't understand why he wouldn't continue to do it, unless there was some sort of obligation stopping him from doing so. But if that was the case, why bother using him for the one episode at all? I would think they would go ahead and just keep the voice the same within the series. Oh well.

19. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Blue Velvet Virus? Now that's pretty funny!

David Lynch directing an episode of TCW FTW!

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    "Corellian ale? **** that ****! Pabst Blue Ribbon!"

21. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I don't mind it much, because Jar Jar doesn't show up all the time, but he just isn't the same without Ahmed.

22. MasterMonkey13

MasterMonkey13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2008
    I really misss Ahmed Best playing Jar-Jar. Even though not a lot of people like Jar-Jar, you've got to admit that something is missing when you hear this new guy. I've got nothing against the guy, but it's just not the same.

23. Darthrevan4ever

Darthrevan4ever Jedi Master star 6

May 3, 2008
    It's funny how many people say they dislike jar jar but when they change his voice

24. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Star Wars fanbase opinions always seem to dissolve into a black and white selection of two whining options:

Waaah #1: Jar-Jar sucks.
    or
    Waaah #2: Jar-Jar sucks without Ahmed Best.

While no other opinion seems acceptable, somehow the two groups of whiners find comfort and familiarity in the similar high pitch of their own shrill, obnoxious whines.

Waaah!

25. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.