main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahmed Best returns to TCW (was: Ahmed Best abandons Jar Jar!?)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by QuiWanKenJin, Feb 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WookieeWarrior9

WookieeWarrior9 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 5, 2007
    It would be like if Anthony Daniels wasn't C3PO. The voice is just such an important part of those two characters and they've ALWAYS been played by their original actor that it just really takes me out of the show.

2. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    I don't mind the new voice too much, yes, Best made the character and I liked his voice portrayal, but it's like what others said, he's not on enough to worry about it, IMO.

3. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    QFT.

4. boletus

boletus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2008
    Um, are you comparing Threepio to Jar Jar? ALWAYS been played? Jar Jar's a footnote compared to Threepio. I don't think that comparison works at all. He was in TPM and barely in (though at pivitol points) the other prequels. Anthony Daniels has been voicing Threepio in recorded media for over thirty years.

Now, I'm no Jar Jar hater, but I must say I disagree with that thought.

5. Badger_Legion

Badger_Legion Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 3, 2008
    He was just saying that both characters are associated with the voices of specific actors. He didn't say he considered the characters to be equally important.

6. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Exactly. I really hope Ahmed Best will re-record all those lines to replace BJ Hughes.
    I really didn't like his interpretation of the voice.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Best is back!

via TF.N & Twitter

he one and only Jovial Jay brings our attention to a tweet by the original voice of Jar Jar Binks who looks to be returning to The Clone Wars this upcoming season.

From Ahmed Best's Twitter:

"Regardless of the jar jar history, I really enjoyed doing clone wars this week. Big ups lucasfilm!"

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Mekairinek

Mekairinek Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2009
    HALLELUJAH!

This made my day.

9. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    Yay! Did he perhaps get to replace BJ Hughes in time for the season 1 DVD/BluRay release? I think BJ Hughes is a psuedonym for one of the other actors as a placeholder for Ahmed, or at least, that's my hope.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Though I'm not looking forward to seeing more Jar-Jar, at least it's going to be Best's voice.

11. VladTheImpaler

VladTheImpaler Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Whoops. Forgot this thread existed. Great news, though.

12. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, if we have to get more Jar Jar, I'm glad it'll be the real thing.

13. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Awsome! Now Im really exited for new Jar Jar episodes!

14. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I started wondering about the production process. Usually in animation you first record the voice actors, and then animate the character to follow that actor's timing. Ahmed said he voiced TCW "this week". Isn't the 2nd season pretty much in the can, and now the animation team is already hard at work on season 3 and beyond? Could this mean that Ahmed's Jar Jar will only be back later, after we have to suffer through a few more BJ episodes?

OR, it could mean that Ahmed is dubbing OVER BJ's voice work that had already been done for season 2. The animation would have been done based on BJ's performance, but afterwards Ahmed came and matched his timing to dub over that.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    That was my thought on TCW thread.

16. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Either way, I am glad Ahmed Best is back. He is the one and only Jar Jar. But I don't really mind BJ Hughes, since I've watched The Gungan General, Blue Shadow Virus, and Mystery of A 1000 Moons so much.

17. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    I really like this piece of news. BJ can be tolerated, but frankly speaking, Ahmed's the one who can get Jar Jar at just the right pitch of shrilly silliness. :p

'This week'...well, Gry's probably right that it means he's done Season 3, though it's possible it's later-season 2. Could be they also chose to redub episodes with Jar Jar in it.

I hope this isn't a one-time thing! [face_praying]

18. Yehann

Yehann Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2008
    I personally dont mind the voice change too much because most of the voice actors from the series were not in the films. BU tit is weird where in the series we see a contrast in Jar Jar's voice.

My opinion of Jar Jar: He was intended for the kids. I saw episode 1 in theaters when I was 6. I didn't care for Jar Jar. Didn't like him, did hate him. He was just there. I can watch it to day with the same opinion. I'm sure there a at least a few clumsy characters in the galaxy.

19. TheMcguffin

TheMcguffin Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm hoping they re-dub the episode he was not in for the DVD release.

20. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Hm, this sounds like good news. Part of the reason Bombad Jedi wasn't too bad was because it was nice to have Jar Jar's movie voice actor. Although in the rest of the Jar Jar episodes, the new voice didn't help (no offense to the other voice actor), but mainly it was Jar Jar's idiotic harmful action in the rest of his episodes that was most annoying (like breaking Padme's suit). Although it'd be nice if they did redub the episodes for the DVD/Blu-ray episodes, but it'll just be nice to have him back for the next season.

21. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    That's a good idea. I really hope they do that as well.

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    They won't.

23. StarWarrior77

StarWarrior77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 30, 2008
    You never know...

24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    They don't have time to do it.

25. WookieeWarrior9

Jun 5, 2007
    They might. I don't know exactly how all that works out, but the DVD/BR doesn't come out until November.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.