main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Ahmed Best Stars In Wendy's Commercial

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Narutakikun, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artoo Detoo

Artoo Detoo Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2013
    Funny commercial, didn't even notice that it was him the first time I saw it.

"Meesa want Wendy's!"

I just had to say that. :D

2. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I didn't make that connection either until I saw this thread

3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    As someone who watches a lot of movies...the first movie I saw her in that wasn't SW back during that time was Under the Rainbow with Chevy Chase. Also of note are Shampoo (quite a memorable appearance where she even looks a lot like Leia), Loverboy, Hannah and Her Sisters, and if you really want to have your mindblown, White Lightnin' from a few years ago.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Surprised nobody's mentioned her role in When Harry Met Sally yet.

5. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    Saw Ahmed in a commercial for something else, I forgot what the company was, but he was talking about playing in his band.

6. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Actors don't get paid for their opinions, but they do get to choose their projects and have some investment in how their image is used. Don't get smart with me on the fact that actors act, either -- I already acknowledged that actors play roles. This isn't grade school. An actor playing a character who is racist, violent, or stupid, or whatever, is at least contributing to an understanding of culture and history and advancing their own craft in the process. An actor shilling for a fast food company is a very different matter, indeed. But most westerners are so inured to the depredations of fast food companies and easy living that it doesn't surprise me my original post has had so little attention, except in the negative.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  7. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    A beatboxing rapping black man. Way to chip away at stereotypes. Jar Jar was...ah never mind.

8. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I'd happily trade jobs with that dude! Plus that was actually the funniest Wendy's commercial I've seen and he got to be in it with a cute red head. Didn't someone say he's worth about 3 million? I'd say he's doing just fine.

9. SweetZombieJesus

SweetZombieJesus Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 12, 2013
    When will Wendy's serve this?

[Not in our lifetimes.;) ~Sx3]

10. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.