main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahsoka has to die sometime, right?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediMasterKendo, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    Somehow maybe in The Clone Wars Season 2 she has to die somehow since extended universe wise she doesnt show up in the prequel movies

2. Duckshack123

Duckshack123 Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2008
    As much as I'd love to see her get slaughtered by Grievous, I really doubt she's going to die.

3. obi-rob-kenobi4

obi-rob-kenobi4 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 17, 2007
    For numerous reasons she HAS TO die at least by the last season of the show. Put it this way, IF they actually chicken out and DON'T kill her off i will be the maddest i think i have ever been at anything star wars related.

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 1999
    I still say that her Tie Fighter hits an asteroid.

But I bet she either has a fall from grace (ie Leaves the Jedi), Get transferred out of sight out of mind, or takes a dirt nap. Still if they want 100 episodes, that is at least 4 seasons, so there is plenty of time for her to keep going.

I really hope that they evolve her into a wise and respectable Jedi. I would really appreciate such a positive character transformation in a kid series as an example for my kids. I don't mind the brat right now as long as it constrasts a much more positive Asoka later down the road.

5. XCell

XCell Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    No she doesn't have to die. There's lots of possibilities. She can quit the Order or be expelled, she could be taken away from Anakin, giving him more cause to dislike the Council, she can become a 'stray' Jedi, she can turn to the dark side, or be frozen in carbonite.. I hope she doesn't survive 66 as a Jedi though.

6. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    She doesn't have to die. Lots of things could happen.

As for EU, I love it, but it's still just EU... ;)

7. Rev9

Rev9 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2009
    That's not a posibility, only Obi-Wan and Yoda did. I hope she won't die, maybe resigns the jedi order or something like that.

8. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Plenty of Jedi survived Order 66, unfortunately:rolleyes:

9. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    She will somehow sacrifice herself, saving a lot of people.

10. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    I've got a sneeky suspicion that she'll die - and Anakin was too late to save her. That'll be two people he failed to save from death by ROTS.

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    My daughters are 8 and 5, and love the show, and love Ashoka. I know they would rpefer she stay alive for as long as possible --I figure she will last somewhere towards the end run of the show. For little girls watching, Ashoka is a great character.

But if & when they do kill her, I hope they leave enough left in the show to carry on the theme of Anakin not being able to save the ones he loves, thus pushing him more towards the Dark Side. It would make sense if Anakin is just barely over losing Ashoka, then he starts having his dreams of losing Padme. Little steps towards breaking him down....

12. DanikKreldin

DanikKreldin Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2007
    Vader should kill her during the Purge.

13. CloneCaptainRex

CloneCaptainRex Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2008
    This idea is made of WIN.

14. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    Agreed... my girls are 6 and 8, and it's much the same. Of course, they'll be something like 10 and 12 when the show ends, so things will be different then, if they're even still interested; meanwhile, as always, there'll be new kids coming along. It'll be interesting to see if the live action show is a natural place for kids growing up on TCW to "graduate" to.

For dramatic purposes, though, and assuming a five-season run, I think that the soonest that Ahsoka could possibly die would be at the very end of Season Four, as a setup to a very intense final run of episodes. More likely midseason in year five. TCW is set up to be primarily about Anakin and Ahsoka. More broadly, it's concerned with learning and mentoring and how that process is affected by war, so the Anakin/Obi-Wan relationship remains central, and we see other master/apprentice relationships, but the central conceit is Anakin and Ahsoka, and the other stuff largely mirrors that relationship in different ways (see even the Jedi-less "Rookies"). I don't think there's much chance they'll drop the character and the intended arc with Anakin. That'd involve re-imagining the show from the ground up, which is rarely a good thing.

15. QueenMother_LK

QueenMother_LK Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2009
    I don't have any kids, but I am a girl, and I really like how they have brought in more and more female jedi and female characters who are "heroic". The episodes with Secura and those little lemur things (sorry I don't remember what they are called) when Anakin was hurt weren't exactly my favorite episodes, but I really liked how Aayla was mentoring Ashoka while they had to protect Anakin. More female main characters in TCW/the live action show is definitely something I would love to see, even if they are bad, like Ventress.

16. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    If she does die, I see it happening around the end of the second last season of TCW. Given the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship, given how pivotal Ahsoka is in TCW series, it'd be crazy for her to not be in the movie or even be mentioned. The only way that could be done is to assume she's already dead - at least the most logical/believable explanation, and also explains Anakin's darker/more moody nature in the film and obsession to prevent death.

If she does die, I see it happening before the events that lead to the "capture" of Palpatine, which in turn lead on to the events of Episode III.

17. LordHibbidyhai

LordHibbidyhai Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2007
    I think that Ahsoka should die at some point in the series. I'm kind of neutral towards her, neither hate or love her. I admit to being skeptical of Anakin having a padawan at first. But I do think the mentor/student relationship is good for him, as he will probably appreciate Obi Wan more now (although it obviously wasn't enough to make a difference in the end, in RotS).

I know it might seem slightly cliche, but I do have an idea. I'm thinking that at some point both Ahsoka and Padme will be dying and/or in danger thereof. Only Anakin can save either of them, but he only has enough time to save one them. So he has to choose. And of course, we all know who he would choose in said situation. I imagine that would be more torment to pile on him, since he seems to be a glutton for punishment in the Star Wars universe anyways.

How Ahsoka actually dies is pretty wide open I guess. I'd like to see an epic duel between her and Ventress. Ventress finishes her of and then Anakin goes after the sith candidate. Something like that maybe. I think its more likely to be Ventress, since Anakin doesn't bring up his missing/dead apprentice wit either Greivous or Dooku. Unless they add in a little snippet were Anakin brings it up in a Revenge of the Sith: Special Edition. I wouldn't put it past them.

I know I rambled but those are my thoughts anyways.

18. Rev9

Rev9 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2009
    Canon uhm?

19. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    If you consider EU canon.

20. MasterMonkey13

MasterMonkey13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 19, 2008
    IMO, I think that having her die would be too simple. Star Wars is never simple. I think that something will happen. Maybe she'll turn to the dark side. That would possibly explain why she is never mentioned in Episode 3. It would be a very sensitive topic for Anakin to talk about.

Did you notice in the movie that Yoda said something about seeing how Anakin would react when he loses what he has? Could Yoda possibly take Ahsoka away from Anakin to help Anakin learn to deal with loss? :confused: Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.

21. Rev9

Rev9 Jedi Youngling

Feb 3, 2009
    Well I don't actually. But now I just started to think that if Quinlan Vos appears in live action series rofl. Anyway, why there's no other Jedi's in OT if there were survivors?

22. Game3525

Jun 25, 2008
    Because it is in the EU, which is canon just not G Canon.

23. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    There's the EU as has been mentioned, but Ben also reprograms the beacon in RotS to warn other Jedi to stay away from the Temple which leaves open the possibility of Jedi survivors other than Yoda and himself.

24. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    EU aside, Kenobi and Yoda are the only Jedi to survive that they are aware of by the time of Ep4. Plenty of Jedi could have survived Order 66. After all, Obi-wan specifically states that Vader hunted down the Jedi. I don't think he was just referring to the Jedi Temple massacre. Vader probably spent years hunting Jedi.

25. The_Wise_Plo

The_Wise_Plo Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2009
    Not just little girls. I have 2 young boys and they also like Ahsoka. This is why she will be around for quite a while. So far they've only killed 1 Jedi, and one clone with a name, right? They're not exactly taking risks with this series.

I agree with your reasoning for her to die, if they want continuity for Anakin's character. My opinion is Anakin in TCW is too heroic and goody. He had some rage moments in 1,000 Moons when it came to Padme, but so far he's been too mature and not complex enough.

My plotline for Ahsoka's death involves Sideous/Palpatine using Padme to lure Anakin away from a mission with Ahsoka. The mission would appear mundane with the precept that Anakin and Ahsoka are taking a break from the front line. Perhaps some political negotiation work on the outer rim, like what opened TPM. Padme would be sent somewhere by Palpatine and get into trouble. Padme contacts Anakin, who leaves Ahsoka with a promise of returning quickly. Anakin would tell Ahsoka to sit tight and entertain their guest and do nothing. Ahsoka of course would be overconfident and believe she is ready to finish the mission and get back to the front lines. That is when she walks into a trap. Anakin would arrive with Padme just as Ahsoka is being slain by Ventress. Ahsoka dies in Anakin's arms like his mom did in AOTC. He screams "Don't die on me! Not again!" Padme is looking on and they lock eyes. Anakin screams "Nooo!" like he did at the end of ROTS. Anakin goes ballistic destroying everything. Ventress escapes in the confusion and tries to go into exile (nod to EU). Anakin then begins his first hunt to kill mission, but as a Jedi, against Obi Wan's council.

This kind of plot line solves all the issues with TCW: What to do with Ahsoka, What to do about Goody-Goody Anakin, What to do with Ventress, Further's Anakin's inability to let go due to losing those he cares about while tying that fear directly to Padme.

The problem goes back to the children issue. My kids think of The Saga as "The Clone Wars." Of course I saw ANH in the theater as a child, so I think of the The Saga as "Star Wars." These new fans all like Ahsoka. To the kids, Ahsoka is one of the gang much like Chewie or Leia or Han or Luke. To kill her or do away with her would do harm to those fans not to mention the marketing opportunities with the Ahsoka brand ($$$). She is the first main-character female Jedi in the cannon. That's a serious position.

As a fan I think they need to have a story that explains all these things when they close the book on TCW animated series so we can have everything explained from AOTC to ROTS. However, my judgement tells me they'll just leave it open for interpretation and/or leave it for the EU to play with.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.