main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahsoka has to die sometime, right?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediMasterKendo, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Not nessescarily. The space battle would keep Grievous distracted so they could rescue Palpatine with as little trouble as possible. And Grievous would not have seen them if not for their capture.

2. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    But knowing Anakin, if Grievous killed his padawan, Anakin would make sure he saw Grievous, for a nice "friendly chat"

3. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Possible, but Anakin may have felt Palpatine's safety took top priority. Palpatine was one of the people Anakin felt was important and he did hold him in high regards as a friend, so he did care for him as well. So he may have swallowed his pride for the sake of Palpatine, as well as to prevent losing anyone one else.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Grievous was expecting a space battle by kidnapping the chancellor of the Republic on Coruscant. It was not a distraction. And I'm a bit tired of discussing this poor argument of Grievous killing Ahsoka. Believe on what you want...

5. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    But if his ship is destroyed, then what's the point in the plan. He would need to coordinate the battle to prevent his ship's destruction. It is well known Grievous doesn't trust droid intelligence, other than his personel MagnaGaurds, so he wouldn't leave it up to them. Whether or not by design, he was distracted by the battle. Dooku was in charge of Palpatine, and Grievous was in charge of the battle. They had a plan to rescue Palpatine as quietly as possible.

And you don't need to be rude about other people's theories. If you don't agree, you don't agree, but it is unnessescary to get nasty. It's all in good fun.

6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I'm not being rude nor nasty. I just wrote what I think. It's all in good fun.

7. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    No harm then. We'll agree to disagree on the Grievous theory then. Actually, I wasn't saying that Grievous was going to kill Ahsoka, I just stated it was a rumor and there is a possibility. Personally, I only feel that Ahsoka is going to die, but I can't figure out how. The future is shifting, and it is constantly in motion.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I never said you said Grievous was going to kill Ahsoka. What I'm criticising is the poor argument that makes some think it's a possibility. See the turns and situations you had to create just to make it possible that he could kill Ahsoka. It's impossible. Just as it's impossible that Obi-Wan will die in the series, or as Garth said, Hitler appearing in season 3. It will go against the movie narrative and overall story. We need to be realistic and think in valid situations that could justify her not appearing in RotS, instead of creating an amount of situations and changes to the movies just to make it seem possible.

9. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I never said that you said I said......., I was just making a personel remark of what I believe.

As for the it syncing with the movie, you do make a good point that it would be improbable to have that scenario. But even in the movies there is some inconsistency. for example, Obi-Wan says in ESB when he met Anakin he was already a skilled pilot. however Anakin had never piloted anything other than podracers, to which he never finished a race until his last. So to say he was a skilled pilot would be a stretch. At least in regards as to when he was a child. Obi-Wan also said Yoda was the Jedi Masterthat instructed him, but the movie shows that it was Qui-Gon. So incorporating Ahsoka in ROTS without her being mentioned is possible. We would likely get some explaination about "interpretation" or something.

10. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008

Maybe Ahsoka is killed by Ventress...? that way no errors through to RotS

11. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    In regards to your re to my post, that's were the "interpretation" explaination would come in.

As for Ventress.... Ventress, from what I understand, goes into self imposed exile wanting nothing to do with Jedi, Sith, or war. But that doesn't nessescarily mean that she didn't do it.

Could it be possible Aurra Sing or Boba Fett had something to do with her possible dying?

12. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why does she have to die? There are a number of possibilities for her to survive without being present in RotS.

And regarding Daft-Vader post, those are not interpretations. It's all explanations which are seen in the movies.

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    That's true. She could be on the outer rim somewhere, or not even a Jedi anymore. I think it would make sense for her death though because it could be tied into Anakin's obsession with losing people he cares for. But I could see her on the outer rim doing various missions.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    She could just be passed onto another master. She doesn't need to move out of the picture like the Outer Rim or something. Her fate will probably be decided in the series.

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Another possibility. I do find it unlikely she survive order 66 though.

16. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    Not if Season 5, or sooner, is going on the same time as Revenge of the Sith. Then they can say she survived and it won't hurt the cannon, not that it really would have if they didn't, and it can become cannon and everybody's happy.

Also, what if she helps Anakin kill the younglings? Isn't it possibly that some of the Jedi in the Temple might secretly be followers of the Dark Side, Dark Jedi, and it's possible, however unlikely, that Ahsoka might be able to be talked into Anakin's crooked reasoning. On the other hand you'd think Anakin would give her a heads up, even if she wasn't in league with the Sith, and make sure she was nowhere near the Temple when Operation Knightfall hit. It seems that Anakin was hoping that Obi-wan had survived, because he said that he hoped Obi-wan had been loyal to the Chancellor and survived, rather than saying that Obi-wan had been like a father/brother to him and had betrayed him?

Also, he attack Padmé, the last person you'd ever think he'd attack, not Obi-wan when he sees Obi-wan on the platform at Mustafar and, in fact, only draws his lightsaber after Obi-wan pulls out his in preparation to obviously attack and likely kill Anakin.

It seems unlikely he could kill Ahsoka, unless that's why he was crying on the Mustafar bridge, or it seemed like a tear was dripping from his eyes if I recall.

It seems odd that he'd cry after killing Gunray.

Also, it's possible Rex could kill her, though he could, in Season 5, turn on the others, maybe Ahsoka finds out from a radio from Anakin that Palpatine is the Sith Lord, and she happens to have Rex with her, and, though Anakin tells her not to let the news out, as the Guards might mistake the arrest for treason, but maybe Rex hears anyway, or she tells him and then later, after feeling betrayed by his leader, his is called upon to execute Order 66 on Ahsoka but instead dies shooting at the other clones, allowing her to get away.

17. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I realize there's 30 pages to read through here, but everything being said lately has been said at least a couple times before. So which will die first, this thread or Ahsoka? My vote is for her, then this thread. :p

19. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    I'm fairly certain that anything LukeTano says has never been said before.......ever.

If Ahsoka dies, this thread will start asking if she's really dead...or if she got cloned to be a secret apprentice of Vader's later on that he will release one clone at a time so that they will fight each other so that the strongest clone will prevail and be Vader's greatest apprentice to help him kill the Emperor, except that in the end it won't matter because Vader will kill the Emperor himself when he can't stand the sight of his son being force lightninged. (whoa, sorry, where do these crazy ideas come from?)

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Mainly because it's exaggerated, fanon-related nonsense.

This thread only argues the same thing over and over again. Until her fate is revealed, we're only going to talk about the same things.

21. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    He already did, in Empire.

22. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Yes, he made those stupid pointless changes, but at least they were only to stay consistent (in his mind) with Anakin as we see him in the PT, and the Jango Fett template clones for Boba.

as far as Yoda training Obi-Wan, (a) Kenobi doesn't have time to give Luke the entire backstory, as someone pointed out, and (b) Yoda does train all of the younglings, so Ben would have received training from Yoda, and then (c) I'm sure Obi-Wan was taught many things by Yoda from the time of end of TPM onwards.

I would be extremely surprised if Lucas made that change to ROTS, it just doesn't make sense to me, but I agree that it is not unthinkable at this point.

23. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    I honestly do not think that Ashoka's death will be shown or portrayed in the show. It seems to be too dark for the way the show is going at the moment.
    It seems obvious to me that Ashoka will not reach Knighthood, because otherwise Anakin would be a Master in ROTS.
    I do think that Ashoka will disappear during the war and her fate will be left undecided for Lucas to play with later.

24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I would be surprised, too, but I still believe Ahsoka will die within the series. Basically nothing in ROTS suggests Anakin has a Padawan, no Ahsoka was not somewhere else, dialogue (especially Anakin's) doesn't even hint of him having a Padawan. It's just due to the fact Ahsoka wasn't created back then. But as of right now, I highly doubt Lucas would make changes within the film. But then again you never know what he might do.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Sense. You make none. :oops:

Yes, but to whom? Darth Vader? It's no big deal. As I said, it's another faceless guy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.