main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahsoka has to die sometime, right?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediMasterKendo, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Ummm...the Emperor's dialogue. And that's not just another faceless guy, that's Ian McDiarmid.

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    But that was made because McDiarmid is the actor who portrayed Palpatine on all five movies. The point remains.

3. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Consistency is the key, and mainly Lucas wanted the whole saga to flow better. Even though there are few glaring issues between the prequel and original trilogies, the changes that were made in the OT had its own meanings.

Getting off topic, though.

4. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    Well I'd assume all characters would die before threads related to them would. I believe you left out the third option. This thread is locked before either of the above happen.:p

IG88, second death star, droid rebellion!!!

I think everyone here knows Ahsoka doesn't appear in ROTS. The producers will need to find a ?loophole? to get around that. Her death is one possible loophole, but there are others.

She gets a new master.
    She gets expelled
    She leaves the order
    She becomes MIA
    She becomes a POW until after the war (in over 30 pages nobody has said that yet [face_dancing])

These are all possible loopholes. None of them have any real advantage over the other, and none of them (death included) will make her lack of mention in ROTS any less strange. They could go with any of the above and it would still have more or less the same result.

5. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    That is EU, and thus isn't the same as the CW Cartoons

*And Since it is only mentioned in Takes, I treat it as such, a Tale passed around, not a true story...

6. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    IG-88A placing his identity within the DS II is part of the EU.

7. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    I know, but still... slamming the door in Sidious face...

but we are getting away from the point... [face_whistling]

(unless an IG-88 kills Ahsoka...)

8. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Would anyone be suprised if Ahsoka was CGId into ROTS in some random background like the Jedi temple? Unlikely, but I wouldn't be entirely shocked.

As for Ahsoka falling, it seems from a previous episode that Palpatine doesn't like her too much. I don't remember the name of the episode. I think it was the one where Bane kidnaps future younglings. Anyway, the look he gave her led me to believe he's not too fond of her. So her joining Vader would be a longshot. I can't see her killing younglings either because she is very good with the younger characters she interacts with. She shields the younglings when the Holoimage of Eeth Koth being tortured is shown, her reaction to the baby she saves from Bane after his arrest, and Jabba's son. So her slaughtering younglings is also a longshot from what I see.

I wonder if maybe Aurra Sing, Boba Fett, or even Bane could be possible to kill Ahsoka.

9. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    You mean an IG-86. :p
    The 88s don't come out until roughly 15 years before ANH. But since we're talking about TCW, you'll never know what they might do...

10. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I wonder if Palpatine could be responsible. continuing on the seeming dislike, he may have killed her thinking she could somehow keep Anakin from falling to the Dark Side. He could do it in secret and with his connections and power, cover his tracks. Anakin would be none the wiser.

11. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    TCW is EU. It enjoys a higher level of canon than other works, but everything outside the movies is EU.

The point I was making was none of that droid rebellion story was mentioned in ROTJ, yet that is the timeframe it happened in. They found a loophole by having it take place off-screen and having IG88 fire the death star to fool the imperials or something.

I've used the whole IG88 rebellion thing several times now, and I probably will continue to do so in future unless someone can think of a valid excuse, and no, not having it in your "personal canon" is not an excuse. A lot of people don't have TCW in their personal canon, but that doesn't change anything.

If EU authors can add stuff that wasn't mentioned in the films you can guarantee Lucas can.

12. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I strongly disagree.

New master: boring, non-dramatic anti-climactic
    Expelled: slightly more dramatic but still lame
    Leaves the order: Anti-climactic x2
    MIA: Ultra lame
    Becomes POW: Without any of the Jedi going after her and/or succeeding in rescuing her? Highly unlikely, absurd even.

Death: The most dramatic solution, also makes the most sense in the scope of the series: she was created for the series, she dies in the series. Besides: isn't the whole point of Ahsoka the fact that Anakin needs to learn to let her go at some point?

It wouldn't be strange at all if she's not mentioned in RotS if she dies. It all depends on how she dies. Suppose she will die in a kiddy friendly way: in heroic sacrifice. She will choose her own destiny. This would provide perfect closure for the Jedi, and even for Anakin because he doesn't need to blame himself that he couldn't save her.

13. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    since the movie came out, i have been saying she'll be in the Order 66 montage. personally i hope its on a new/different planet. maybe she could be sent there in the last episode [face_thinking]

14. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010

Hmm. Out of curiosity, what did you think of Ventress?s end? Did you think it was lame, or that it would have been better if Anakin or someone had killed her?

Of course the thing about the above ends are they don't have to be the end. Sure they are not that dramatic, but a better ending could be come up with later and it wouldn't have to be restricted by TCW kid friendliness. I?m not saying what they will do; I'm saying what they could do. If they are going to use her for something else down the line I think the above options would be better than a "comic book death".

15. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I didn't mind Ventress' original fate, but you'll never know what TCW might do. They could kill her, as they did with Farr, who wasn't supposed to die. He originally resigned from the senate in 20 BBY after the Battle of Duro.

16. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    I only think that Ahsoka can't be killed by any of the Ep3 villains, Dooku, Grievous or Sidious. If that happened then it would really feel strange that it isn't brought up during Ep3. Or at least, Anakin couldn't know it was one of them who killed her. If Ventress killed her it would be fine, so Anakin could take his revenge on her (I don't care about her finale in the comics, she died so many times in those that it negated the whole thing).

If she dies in the honorable sacrifice (something like what almost happened in Weapons Factory), then it would still hit Anakin but he would have no real reson to bring the subject up afterwards. "Yeah, I had a padawan and she died. It was sad, but I don't need to discuss it with anybody." I just really don't want her to "walk into the sunset" in some open-ended MIA, POW, expelled, out on a mission scenario, just for the sake of keeping the character in the backburner until someone decides they want to use her in their project, shoehorning her somewhere else.

17. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    They could probably pull off Palpatine killing her. but the more I think of it, Cad Bane could be a likely canidate.

I picture something like he kills her, eventually Anakin catches up to him. after a battle Bane is disarmed and "aressted". Anakin says something like "You killed my Padawan!" Bane responds like "What are you going to do about it? You're a Jedi, you can't kill me. I'll just escape." Then Anakin makes an angry face, grips his lightsaber, then cuts him down saying "That's what you think!" Then someone like Obi-Wan shows up, sees Bane dead asks "What happened?" Anakin says "I couldn't arrest him, I had no choice." Then walks away with that classic somber Anaikin face.

Or something like that maybe.

18. MarkVader1991

Jun 10, 2010
    Unless I'm mistaken there is no indication of when that episode takes place, clone armour, Anakin(specifically his hair) etc

It could be set after 20BBY and he could be just advising Padme rather than actually being on the senate, that?s just a guess, but an intelligent one, and that?s probably what the retcon will be.

Ventress could be ?killed? in the show by Anakin, but unless she's a half-@## robot by that point it could just be said it takes place before that comic which I can?t remember the name of.

The "Walking into the sunset" scenario is still infinitely better than the "Yeah you though I was dead, but I really wasn't" or the "I died, but I was cloned" or my personal favourite "I was just fatally injured but now I'm a cyborg."

If they really want to use a character, a simple thing like death won't stop them. If they are going to kill her I would want them to be absolutely sure that they are not going to use her for something else. I would rather see her "placed on the self" than pull a "Boba Fett" on us.

Whether she lives or dies however, I just hope it is well handled, because I have grown quite fond of the little menace over the last season.

19. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Err, I have to agree with Gry on that.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I believe my initial guess was that Ahsoka is killed by Bane, Bane is killed by Anakin.

21. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    This was my original thought as well. It seems like it would be a better fit for continuity.

22. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000

Tales Of The Bounty Hunters is not the same as Tales, the Dark Horse Comics anthology. The novellas (including the IG-88 one) are all canon.

23. Daft-Vader

Aug 6, 2008
    Spoilsport...

They gave the Death Star computer more influence then it required - the doors on an elevator should probably be autmated, and not linked to the computer, as with the aiming of the Superlaser...

24. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    You're not really missing anything by ignoring the IG-88 one. :p

Another in the enormous folder of KJA's 'good ideas spoiled by inept execution'.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    If Ahsoka had to be killed, she would have been already. Anakin's behaviour at the beginning of RotS doesn't match that of somebody who's padawan was killed a few weeks ago. Specially somebody like Anakin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.