main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ahsoka has to die sometime, right?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by JediMasterKendo, Mar 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Why would he try to forget or never mention such a recent event as Ahsoka's death?

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Anakin's behavior is never consistent.

Killing Ahsoka would not endanger ROTS whatsoever, it would make it fine as is. Like I said before, Anakin or anyone does not need to mention Ahsoka. The only problem is if Ahsoka does not die, which won't be likely, that will endanger ROTS, because Anakin does not have a Padawan in the film. Nothing suggests that. Unless they find a way to get rid of Ahsoka, and make her not be Anakin's Padawan. But then Anakin would mention something about that. The council would have reassigned her (stupid excuse for her fate), and Anakin would be angry at them for that.

Are you referring to Shmi's death? Padme was present during his mother's funeral, Anakin carrying her body, and so she knew what he went through.

3. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010

Do you try to remember every bad event that happens to you?

I understand Anakin's pesonality to hang on to things, I just think that when he tells Padme he doesn't want to lose her, he doesn't have to say "I don't want to lose you like I lost my mother, like I lost ......." When his mother would be an adequate reference alone.

It could be possible that he was responsible some how for Ahsoka's death. And it hurts him that it was his fault. Then he wouldn't want to talk about it at all.

4. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Exactly. She would know how he felt by that reference alone.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    When it's about attachements, it is.

I never said that if Ahsoka survives it means she would still be with Anakin. I'm talking about alternative possibilities. If she was reassigned for example, I don't see the stupidity of that? And Why would he mention it? If this even happens, I'm certain that this decision will be discussed in the series.

I'm talking about recent events, and you tell me about "every bad event"?

If that was the case, he wouldn't talk about his mother either.

6. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Actually, in the scene in ROTS where Anakin meets up with Padme after rescuing the Chancellor, you can tell that Anakin's about to mention that he and Padme will have some free time together now that his padawan is off on a mission in the Outer Rim, but he never gets the chance to mention it as Padme announces her pregnancy which then blocks any other concern out of Anakin's mind. Watch the scene closely where Anakin talks about being brought back from the Outer Rim sieges...and then he senses that Padme is fearful. He never got the chance to mention not having to deal with Ahsoka for a while.

7. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    o_O No, just no.

8. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No offense, but isn't this trolling?

9. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Then you might have to ask whether or not Anakin feels responsible for her death, or does he just regret not being able to save her from death?

If he only regrets not saving her then he would mention it, it's in context. If he was responsible for Ahsoka's death due to his careless nature or something like that, then he wouldn't want to talk about.

10. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    He feels responsible for his mother's death too. So that question wouldn't make any difference.

11. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I have to side with Alexrd on this one. It certaintly is creative and perceptive, but since Ahsoka dind't exist as a character yet.......

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    However, we don't know for sure that will be the case. We don't know if Anakin might see Ahsoka's death or if he would be the one to blame. We just don't know yet.

13. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I was always under the impression he blamed the Tuskens, and hated the fact that he couldn't save his mother from them. Not that he felt responsible for her death.

14. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I know, but in either case he would feel responsible, either for real blame, or because he couldn't prevent it. That's why I don't think death will be her fate in the series. But I can always be wrong.

15. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010

It was just a thought on a possible death scenario.

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Her fate may ultimately be decided by possible fan reaction. They may decide not to kill her based on angry fans. But then we would most likely get some really bad story as to what happened. Sometimes I'm convinced that not even TCW staff knows what's going to happen.

I do enjoy such thought provoking conversation.

17. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Really, if you take a look at it, there's no fan-driven material. Basically it comes down to Lucas' decision. They may see and react to fan criticism, but it's mainly Lucas' decision.

18. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I think they've decided the basic idea from the start (which is good). I remember a Matt Lanter interview, before the release of TCW movie, where he said he was told the basic idea of what will happen to her.

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    But what's the basic idea? Is it only that she will die? Or she will be killed by whoever? Or whatever fate she has, is it somewhat specific, or is it decided in a vague manner?

20. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    No matter what they do, some people will be angry. Everybody has their own idea of what should happen to her.

Filoni said that he had one or two ideas as to what might happen to her, but he has yet to run them by Lucas, so they may be changed. Remember that Lucas was the one who gave Anakin a padawan in the first place, one would assume he has something planned.

At this point I just want whatever happens to her to be well handled, and not be a weak end.

21. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    We all hope for that.

22. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Hear, hear!

23. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Of course. :p

24. LukeTano

LukeTano Jedi Master star 3

Jul 10, 2009
    :oops: Ahsoka doesn't have to die to make Star Wars work. It may have to happen to make GGrevious happy, but that is beyond the powers of even Master Yoda some of the wise in the White Council of the Wizards believe.

Does anyone have any definitive proof that Seasons 3, 4, and/or 5 will not be going on at the same time as ROTS? If not, then they could just have Ahsoka around in those, and come up with some explanation. Maybe she goes on more missions with Plo Koon.

Also, maybe she cracks and goes Dark Side on Aura in Season 3 and gets expelled for that, and Anakin, remembering what he did to the sand people, feels it's not fair.

Also, don't mean to be spamming the thread, but I noticed an odd occurrence in ROTS. Why would Padmé say that Obi-wan knows about them and that he wants to help her and Anakin to Anakin when she knows full well that Obi-wan wants to kill him? Does part of her actually want to see Anakin stopped? Is Anakin sort of right in a way that she wanted him dead?

Again, why Anakin would attack Padmé, when she's the one he went Dark Side to save in the first place? It doesn't make any sense.

Also, I find Obi-wan to be a sort of liar a lot. He tells the Kaminoans that he actually came there for the clones, he told Luke that Darth Vader killed Luke's father Anakin Skywalker, and Satine said "There is the collection of metaphors and half-truths that is Obi-wan Kenobi." It seems Anakin isn't the only Jedi with questionable characteristics. Neither is Ahsoka. Why since those two out? Well, I can see Anakin, but why Ahsoka again.....?

--------Poll, NOT spamming the thread, just taking a poll, if you're mad, tell me how to conduct polls properly and -------
    ------- don't ban me. Also, if you're really mad, perhaps take a trip to Hoth and cool off??? Just kidding-----------------
    Also, I'm conducting a poll:

What do you think of the idea of Ahsoka marrying Luke: (Especially if GL made it happen and be cannon):

1.) Rock on Dude! =D=

2.) R.I.P. Star Wars :_|

3.) This poll sucks I-)

4.) LukeTano, this in not how you conduct poles properly. This, [explanation] is how you do them properly. [face_shame_on_you]

?

Well, they might think this is spamming the thread so I might be banned for this very innocent poll, so I'll take a all expenses paid vacation to Shili for a few days and then come back, or say in about week to ten days, and they'll have forgotten all about me.

I must admit that that description of my posts, though rude, was rather funny. The one that said:

LukeTano's post:

Ahsoka can't die because of.....

BLAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

was rather funny, especially the BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH part.

Also, the moderators have said I should keep posting in the same message instead of having multiple threads.

25. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.