main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ahsoka in EP8?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Wildcatbarry, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It would be interesting but I doubt it. I'm expecting her to did at the end of this current season of Rebels.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

2. themuzikman

themuzikman Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2013
    Of course Vader will kill her at the end of Rebels. It just leads up perfectly to A New Hope. In fact, almost all of them may die. The only excuse to keep the Rebels characters around is so they can gain money off of them in the future by shoehorning them into other media projects (e.g. Ahsoka, the clone troopers, whoever else they recycle from TCW [although, I understand TCW ended abruptly so they didn't have proper endings]), but from a story-telling perspective, it would make much more sense for all of the force-users to die. Not go in hiding, but die.

It just makes A New Hope that much more thrilling if you had never seen it until after watching Rebels. Luke Skywalker IS the only hope. At that point, he is the only one who is capable of defeating the Emperor & Vader.

Dewback and darthtimetraveller like this.
  3. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    But that doesn't change if Kanan, Ezra, and even Ahsoka are around... Ahsoka might not be able to kill Vader, just as Luke was reluctant. Neither Kanan nor Ezra have a prayer of defeating Vader, let alone Sidious. Luke & Leia are the only hopes, and Yoda & Obi-Wan put most of the burden on Luke. Only a child of the Chosen One would have the strength in the Force...and it turns out only a child of the Chosen One could cause the Chosen One to come back to the light.

Even if they survived, the only threats to the Sith are the ones we know in the OT itself: Obi-Wan, Yoda, and the twins. Obi-Wan because of his decade-plus with Anakin and his own skills, Yoda because Yoda.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  4. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Exactly, I hope she does call him Anakin, and it does not even register.

darthtimetraveller and EHT like this.
  5. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I would blow the minds of alot of cartoon watching kids in the audience. (Being an old man in the middle of watching the Series now). I approve of the idea.

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    She'll be long dead by then.

7. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    There was always a glimmer of Anakin in Vader, a glimmer of hope in him deep down....buried really deep. Padme knew it and eventually Luke would come to know it. If ever there was a third person who could possibly reach him, it'd be Ahsoka. Now don't get me wrong, i'm not necessarily saying she should, but i could see Vader sparing her life, or at least feeling very conflicted about her. If they meet in Rebels it could be epic depending on how they handle it. I think Vader may try and play her to join the darkside and become his new Sith apprentice to overthrow Sidious. Remember that Ahsoka did have issues with the Jedi Order and how they did things. The seeds of rebellion are already in Ahsoka, and Anakin could play on that. He may also play the chosen one card with her and try and convince her that he's really still good and that he's just playing Palpatine so that he can bring balance to the force. It's a showdown that has to happen. What i'm really wondering is will Ahsoka ever contact Obi-Wan or Yoda? They could give her more insight into what happened with Anakin. I really like the idea of her being killed by inquisitors while saving the good guys (in Rebels), and when Vader finds out he wipes out the inquisitor program for good. I think this could serve as a good explanation as to why there are no inquisitors in the OT. Vader wipes them all out in a fury of anger for killing Ahsoka. The only other showdown i'm looking forward to almost as much is Vader vs Maul. Vader vs Ahsoka has to happen.

8. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    No thanks...

Dewback, nightangel and Davak24 like this.
  9. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Same here. Missed opportunity if they don't do this.

Dewback, nightangel and Davak24 like this.
  10. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Her getting killed by an Inquisitor is highly unlikely. And Vader vs Maul, I don't that as some some epic battle. It would not go well for Maul.

11. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    She may show up as a wax sculpture in a wax museum commemorating Jedi from the past.

12. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    No offense meant, but you guys are on drugs if you think it isn't gong to happen lol. Vader will meet Ahsoka in Rebels...bank on it.

Dewback and Blake Starstrider like this.
  13. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    And it won't go well for her. Kind of ironic, since he's her old instructor, especially if he takes her life.

14. Blake Starstrider

Blake Starstrider Jedi Master star 2

Apr 19, 2015
    "Ahsoka in EP8?"

I'll pass

15. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I'm also going to agree with you, Blake. It would feel like fan service, and be a bit corny.

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I wouldn't mind if she managed to make it to TFA timeline, but if she don't I would be okay as well. It all depends on what the Lucas Story has in mind for her in the NEU.

Darth_Voider likes this.
  17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    But who knows what is planned.

18. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Good god no.

19. Juken_Rukhan

Juken_Rukhan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    I don't see it happen. It would hamper storytelling in Rebels because they would be tied to one ending for her.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

20. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
  21. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    I think she's a decent character and all, but I could do without her in the ST.

22. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    That is actually an interesting idea. But I think she is destined to be killed by Vader. What I could see happening is Ashoka having to rescue the rebels from an Inquisitor HQ or something only to be confronted by Vader. Vader would be reluctant to kill her because of his personal connection to her, maybe even trying to turn her, and then an inquisitor could intervene at this point and kill her against Vader's will. It would be an interesting moment for sure.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  23. Sithians

Sithians Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 15, 2015
    I agree, she will be killed by Vader in a most sadistic way. It is her destiny!

Davak24 likes this.
  24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    If Ahsoka can reach Anakin and he spares her life, or even wants her to join him, it would much lessen Luke's impact. He was the only one that could reach his father and if they also take this away from Luke's main achievements.....[face_worried]

If Ahsoka appears in VIII, Luke is killed there and Ahsoka takes over the training + new order, I'll pass as well. [face_sigh]

B99 likes this.
  25. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015

Not necessarily will it lessen Luke's impact imo. You have to look at this through Anakin's eyes at the time it occurs. Anakin is unaware he has any kids at this point. His wife is dead. His connection to the Jedi/his friends has been forever severed. Anakin has no one left, and i have to believe that by this point he fully realizes that he made a big mistake in trusting Palpatine. I would dare say he must absolutely hate Sidious at this point, and he probably hates himself as well. Ahsoka was like a daughter to him and, at this point, she represents his only connection to any good he may still have in himself, his only connection to anything positive. Anakin may have sold out to Palpatine's lies/the darkside, but i think by this point he sees Palpatine for who he truly is, and his view of the darkside and it's nature has likely changed greatly. I don't think it'll take anything away from Luke to have Ahsoka make just a very small impact on Vader. Vader of course will still try and turn her, that's a given, and I'm not saying that Vader should even come close to considering going back to the lightside just because Ahsoka shows up, don't get me wrong, all i'm saying is that i could see him hesitating with her, i could see him being at least just a little conflicted when it comes to actually killing her. Remember that Ahsoka left the Jedi Order of her own accord, Anakin knew this and it's something, however small, that they do have in common. He also felt for her and thought the Jedi were wrong with regard to happened with her. If the inquisitors kill her and this upsets Vader, it could also act as that final catalyst so-to-speak for destroying any vestige of good in him until Luke comes along. If the confrontation is written well, it could be good, and not take away from any of the established story thus far.

Dareth and Wildcatbarry like this.