main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ahsoka in EP8?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Wildcatbarry, Oct 30, 2015.

1. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  2. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    She probably dies on Alderaan when the DS wanders into view.

3. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    Please no. On paper I definitely like the idea of more female jedi, but TCW is a joke. I tried to give Rebels a chance but it's just as dumb imo. I tapped out as soon as I laid eyes on the 'blaster lightsaber' (good god...)

I don't really care what Mickey Mouse says. That junk ain't canon in my mind. Nothing outside the films is to me (sue me). For what it's worth, I'd sooner accept Revan into canon than anything from those cartoons, and I don't even do that. (KOTOR I & II were cool though)

Brybe_Daker likes this.
  4. Dustin Ren

Dustin Ren Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2015
    Wow, Davey, I must say I could not disagree with you more concerning the quality and veracity of Clone Wars and Rebels canon, but you are entitled to your opinion. I would love to see Ahsoka in Episode VII, but I'm a realist enough to not expect that to happen. Honestly, I'd much rather see an epic confrontation between her and Darth Vader in Rebels. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I am looking forward to that Star Wars moment almost as much as I am looking forward to Episode VII itself.

5. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    I doubt she'll make it out of Season 2 alive.

She's only really being used as a supporting character. Almost a mentor to the others. Perfect candidate for dramatic death sacrifice to spur the others on to keep fighting.

It's an interesting idea that they might one day make a movie with an alien leading character but I doubt they'll do it any time soon so there's no real reason to hang onto her now. If they'd really intended to keep her as a major player she'd be more heavily featured in Rebels.

6. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    It would be very poignant if Ahsoka is killed by Vader in the Rebels series.

sluggo1313. likes this.
  7. DaveyWanKenobi

DaveyWanKenobi Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 4, 2015
    Yeah I understand my opinion is an unpopular one, but that's just what it is, my opinion. To me, it's like they took all the elements of the PT that I didn't enjoy, and made two cartoon series out of them(Three series I guess, if you count that older clone wars cartoon by the same name.), lol. I just can't. (Though I did try at first, at least with Ahsoka)

Those shows are no more canon 'to me' than any of the various video game side stories like The Force Unleashed series and, as I mentioned, the KOTOR series(Including The Old Republic MMO which is sorta a sequel to them). They each have 'some' cool elements, but none of them have enough that I incorporate them into the true star wars saga in my mind. They are all 'what ifs' of varying degrees of quality to me, much like all the recently 'ousted' EU novels.

Personally I'm worried that my 'films only' approach to what's canon will soon be challenged as well by the anthology films that are planned over the next several years(I'm especially worried about the Han Solo film). I really hope they fit well with the rest of the films, or my position will become even harder to explain lol.

8. TurboPGT

TurboPGT Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 15, 2015
    Since I despise everything that has been done with Rebels and the Clone Wars and the total mockery they have made of the OT, I sincerely hope not.

They want to make self-contained cartoon stories that don't affect the films, fine. Kids like them. As long as the adult stories are not infected by their retcon-4-life storytelling.

9. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Touchy! They're only films, it's not like they're actually important haha

10. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013

You're 100% right.

Unfortunately I have very little faith that Filoni can properly end his stories. He seems to be more of the "we'll tuck everyone away and pretend they don't exist until I drag them out again" writer instead of actually going for the endings that make sense.

11. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    EHT - Can (should) this thread be moved to the EP8 and 9 forum?

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Well I love Rebels and Clones, but I think they are a slightly different Universe to the movies, just as the books and comics are. I don't think characters from the TV animation universe leak into the movie Universe.

13. Purple Ren

Purple Ren Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 18, 2015
    I really like the character, but I am neutral to her appearing in this trilogy.

14. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    "[She]'ll be dead!" -Dr. Evazan
    "[She]'s dead, son, accept it." -Cliegg Lars
    [face_devil]

15. Collin Tongue

Collin Tongue Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2016
    Seeing as I think the plot/script in The Force Awakens was very weak(in my opinion) and I now don't care about what happens going forward, I would be all in favor of Ashoka being in the next movie. I think it would be awesome, I enjoy the character a lot and think outside of her incredibly sexist costume from the Clone Wars(why do we have a young teenager in a mid riff?? And the male jedi get full robes? WAT) which has nothing to do with her character, she is a fantastic role model for young girls. It is really cool to see Anakin have an apprentice, and Ashoka is even an alien. It is a big win where a character being created is concerned, I really enjoy her as a Star Wars character. :ahsoka:

16. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I expect Ahsoka to be killed off soon on Rebels, but I would love her to survive. More Ahsoka stories would sell in my house. I don't care if she has to disappear during the OT or if they have to find some excuse as to why she wasn't with the resistance. I'd buy it, and it changes none of the canon. She's not a jedi. Yoda and Ben never said Luke was the last non-dark side force sensitive in the galaxy. I don't think she should be a big character in the movies, but I wouldn't mind a little easter egg thrown her way in Ep. VIII.

Master Scorpio77 likes this.
  17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    It can, should, and has been. :cool:

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no. "she will not survive this."

19. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Ahsoka is so hot, I wouldnt want to see her as wrinkled old lady.

Wildcatbarry and Collin Tongue like this.
  20. Collin Tongue

Collin Tongue Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2016
    Ahhhhhhhhh yea Ashoka ftw! :ahsoka: I love her character.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  21. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Ahsoka is hotter than all the volcanoes of Mustafar together.

22. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Moving this thread just made sense. But for my personal take on the question, this is still my position.
    [face_devil]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  23. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    She, Kanan and Ezra will all die (or be neutralized) in Rebels. There's really no way for them not to be since they've not been mentioned in any of the films, yet. Leia knows about these Jedi. Don't you think she would say something?

"You have a power I--I don't understand and could never have... Oh, but there are a few folks I saw on a planet a few years ago... sorry I haven't mentioned it before now. They're Jedi and pretty skilled by now."

No. It won't happen. It's not in any of the films or any of the books after ANH.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Rebels series. It's just painfully obvious that they've got a limited lifespan. If they did, it would be the same :oops: I had when watching Star Trek: Enterprise and saw a Borg on there.

plaidphoenix likes this.
  24. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    "I come to you in our most desperate hour". "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope." [face_peace]

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  25. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope. Well, not the ONLY one. Kanan can come. I've sent another R2 unit to him. Oh, and Ezra, too. Forgot about him. Gotta go. I need to send a message to Ezra, too. By the way, if you see Ahsoka, tell her I said hello."

Wildcatbarry likes this.