main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ahsoka in Episode 7 trailer?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord D'arg

Lord D'arg Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I really need to start watching me some Rebels

2. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I always suspect Ahsoka will get killed by Palpatine in Rebels, while Vader watches, which will then add a bit of meaning to why Vader won't just stand by watching when Palpatine tries to kill Luke. But, of course, that's just total speculation... who knows...

3. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I think you just answered your own question [face_devil]

4. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Look at the little bit of face you can see. It's not very human looking to me. Looks more reptilian to me. Ahsoka, while not human does have very human facial features, and she doesn't have a flattened nose or a tiny pointy chin like that. I believe it's Rose. Though anything is possible I guess.

5. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    You act like this is a problem. We only see a tiny part of the galaxy in the OT. We only follow Luke, Leia, Han, the droids, and Vader around. ROTJ is the only time we see the majority of the Rebel Alliance in one place, and even then we only see a handful of individuals crewing the various ships. Ahsoka can easily be off with other Rebel fleets during ANH since Yavin wasn't everyone; same with Echo Base in ESB. She could be on special missions throughout, and if she catches on that the Sith wanna use her to find other Force users, maybe she leads them on wild goose chases for years.

All it takes to keep her safely out of the way of Luke, and out of the way of Yoda and Obi-Wan's plans for him, is a vision or premonition from the Force, or a message from Yoda. That's it.

6. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    It would be cool to see Ashoka have an extended duel with Vader. They could be shown as roughly evenly matched, with Ashoka's agility countering Vader's power. Towards the end, Ashoka could start gaining the upper hand, and knock Vader's lightsaber out of his hand (no limb cutting, that would be terribly redundant). Bearing down on him, Ashoka moves to deliver the killing blow when Vader says "you still have much to learn, my old Padawan." Ashoka's eyes grow wide, and Vader grabs Ashoka with the Force and ragdolls her and/or impales her with a telekinetic object (a la ESB duel), killing her. Would be a pretty powerful moment showing how badass Vader is.

7. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    I was surprised she survived TCW. Though as others have mentioned, her death before the end of Rebels is not unlikely.

Some have said they can discern at least some of the character's facial features in the photo, including a pointy chin. I can't tell anything about the face from that small bit. Anyone have a drawing of what they think they see?

8. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    its not her the picture CLEARLY shows this

9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Oh, let them have their fun. We should encourage vivid imagination.

10. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    But why would Yoda and Obi-Wan want to keep her away from Luke? There's no reason. By choosing not to rejoin the Order at the end of TCW, Ahsoka proves she's as much a Jedi as Yoda and Obi-Wan are and would only be a benefit to Luke's training.

I think you just nailed what's going to happen to Ahsoka.

11. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    She's a variable. She proved she's as much a Jedi as them even if she's not technically a Jedi, but she's also a wildcard in the Vader equation. Obi-Wan & Yoda are pinning their hopes on Luke... they experienced, firsthand, the machinations of the Sith. Bringing Ahsoka into this, especially since she's already part of the rebellion Leia's dad is involved in, could--in their view--possibly jeopardize their plans, and the future of both Luke & Leia. You may as well ask "Why doesn't Obi-Wan send Luke to Yoda right after ANH? There's no reason." There must be a reason, in-universe... we just aren't privy to it.

And, again, another possibility is that Ahsoka gets warned away by a vision thru the Force... sorta like Luke's "I'm endangering the mission, I shouldn't have come" (but, y'know, more accurate). Just because she's got plenty of training doesn't mean she's a good match for training Luke. Ben & Yoda were Jedi Masters; Ahsoka may have the skills & power of a Jedi Knight, if not the actual rank, but she also has a distrust of the Jedi Order of old. Yoda & Ben recognize the flaws and, from what we can see of Luke's training, leave out some of the dogma, but Ahsoka's brand of teaching might go even further afield.

Anyway, regardless of what actual reasoning is used, there are plenty of options to keep her & Luke safely apart for the duration of the OT should she actually survive into & beyond it.

12. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000
    Good GOD, no. Go to millenniumfalcon.com to see all of the concept art. There's one piece featuring Rey, Finn (once conceptualized as a white guy), BB-8, and this character. It resembles this being in the trailer and is clearly NOT Ahsoka. Also, clearly not even close to the same species. If they had planned for the character to be Ahsoka, the concept art would be drawn as such. Case closed in my opinion.

13. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Yes, absolutely case closed.

Lupita is not playing Ahsoka. She is an alien species we haven't seen yet, and way too small to be a Togruta. When motion-capturing this role, Lupita shuffled around on her knees and had dwarf stand-ins doing the more mobile stuff. This belongs in Lupita's thread.

Trebor Sabreon, Dak Oolron and Ben R like this.
  14. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    I'm also going to pour a cold bucket of water over everyone's Ahsoka dreams and say the Rose concept art looks nothing like her. Edit: Ben got there first

15. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    No Ahsoka is not in the trailer. That alien is Rose, but It would be cool to have Ahsoka in a spin off.

16. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    'Canon' or not, I really can't see the cartoon stuff making any meaningful impact on the new films, other than the odd easter egg (perhaps).

SerRoel, Dak Oolron and TooMuchBBQ like this.
  17. Toonimator

Aug 16, 2006
    I hate that POV... if it's canon, let it have an impact. TCW gave us some of the best Star Wars stuff ever, and Rebels seems to be continuing with that practice! It'd be great to have 'em represented somehow in the live action stuff beyond just an odd easter egg.

18. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    It's not Ahsoka. It's rose and in the concept art for Rose you can see it looks like this except a different color. They aren't gonna use characters from Star Wars clone wars and Rebels within the main series. They're trying to build up their OWN characters moving forward.

19. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    It's this character here
    [​IMG]

20. Ben R

Ben R Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 26, 2000

Boom! That's the one I was referring to a few replies back. Thanks for bringing it in. Clearly not Ahsoka.

Dak Oolron and thejeditraitor like this.
  21. TheManFromMortis

TheManFromMortis Jedi Master star 3

Nov 19, 2012
    _ _ _ _

Now, that's an episode of Rebels that I'd love to see. If Ahsoka realised who Vader is and then confronts him, that would offer a chance for some great dialogue and a scene similar to the end of "Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader" where Vader reveals his true/former identity to a Jedi before killing him.

22. Kati

Kati Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2015
    I have a lot of theories on this. And I'm not sold that the concept art is an accurate portrayal of what we see here. I'm anxious to see the truth, but in the meantime, here is my long-winded argument in favor (hope) that Ahsoka returns.
    http://katilbrown.blogspot.com/

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    So fun to speculate!

Kati likes this.
  24. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

I love the name Rose, and really like the idea of an exotic looking Alien having a name that sounds more "common" for lack of a better word. I hope that's her name in the film. Not every Star Wars character needs to be named like Nay'lylica Destilian.

25. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I think the point to be made here is that's definitely not Ahsoka.

Toonimator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.