main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ahsoka in Episode 7 trailer?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by FloridaFilmGuy, Apr 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013

True. If that is Leia, Carrie Fisher deserves an award for being confused with Daisy!

2. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Really? That sounds humorously redundant. I thought the whole point of motion-capture meant one could portray any character however exotic. Furthermore, supposedly they built a raised stage for the interaction between the actors and the Rose character. Mo-cap stand-ins? I may be largely ignorant of such production practices, but that strikes me as hilarious.

3. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Cumberbatch also shuffled around on his knees and belly while mo-capping Smaug. And we've seen how exotic that character was!

That said, I imagine JJ may primarily be mo-capping Rose's face, and not her body. Her hand in the teaser, for example, looks 100% real. And I imagine they didn't give us her full face because the mo-capping ain't done yet.

thejeditraitor and CairnsTony like this.
  4. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Exactly. To bring the character to life, they will use what works best at each moment. :)

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  5. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Absolutely, but did BC have stand-ins for the 'more mobile stuff'? That just seems funny to me and would love to have a link to read for myself CairnsTony.

I would have thought that JJ wouldn't want to reveal Rose just yet, even if the Mo-Cap were unfinished.

Shuffling on one's knees reminds me of ET and its movements. I wonder if there is some inspiration there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014

I'm not basing this off of anything MSW says. I'm basing it off of the teaser the whole world has seen.

7. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Well, according to MSW, Rose's face looks like a cross between ET and a turtle...So yeah. Could be some inspiration there.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  8. DarkSpooler

DarkSpooler Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2015
    She'd be about 60 give or take. I think it's possible however I think that would be feeding off too much from previous material. Everything should be original, maybe a few defended to the prequels and the OT but that's about it

9. Darthchuckie

Darthchuckie Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2015
    Ashoka would be 65-75 in my measuring by estimate.

10. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    A) we don't know how rapidly Togruta age... They could hit physical maturity and then slow down dramatically so they could maybe live decades longer than humans (it could go the other way, too), and B) Even if she's elderly, that wouldn't explain a face like a turtle crossed with a Grebleips, or the lack of montrals. Togruta faces are very human except in skin patterns, they wouldn't transform that much in old age

11. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    She looks like Alf's sister.

Ahsoka could have lived past Rebels if she was frozen in carbonite or something, but I think she dies. And Ashley Eckstein should play her if she ever is used in live-action. In fact, the battle that leads to her death if it is at Vader's hands should be a live-action spinoff movie.

12. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    From what you can see its not Ashoka, and it's nearly a lock you won't see or even hear about her in this movie. She'd just be a distraction because you'd have to catch up with why she's still around, why she wasn't a part of the entire OT, and why Yoda and Obi-Wan apparently considered her to be out of the picture back then. They're already going to be busy catching up with Luke/Leia/Han/Chewie/droid and introducing all the new folk. If anything she's the type of character you find a spot for in a spinoff movie (though personally I think she's fine just staying in the cartoon world).

The Rose character rumors make it sound like a quick bit of exposition, like Dex's Diner. If that's the case then I would expect the writers to use a throwaway new character for that (like Dex) and get through it quickly.

Wildcatbarry and thejeditraitor like this.
  13. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    ROSE is a lot bigger character than Dex and is tied to the actual plot. She appears in Flashback, at the PUB and in the closing scenes. I have a feeling she will be around for VIII as well.

Wildcatbarry and thejeditraitor like this.
  14. Nando

Nando Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2014
    Ashoka's destination will be Darth Vader. End of the topic.

15. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    Agree. She will be sliced in two by Vader and her journey ends. Star Wars is not for the faint hearted. Lock this thread?

Wildcatbarry and Dak Oolron like this.
  16. Lord Nikon

Lord Nikon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 2, 2012
    Query: Why does everyone think that audiences are stupid and need everyone's backstory explained? Did you know Han, Leia, or Luke's in the OT when the movie began? Did you know Obi-Wan's storied past?

The whole thought-line / reasoning of "So-and-So WON'T appear because they'd have to explain them to the audience and that would take too long" is the height of misunderstanding how narratives in films work. You start out MOST movies not knowing who people are. Does Ahsoka require anything more than a few lines about how she was Vader's apprentice before he turned and explaining how she survived. That's about four lines of dialogue. Done and done. And aside from that I think a lot of us older fans forget that an ENTIRE generation of kids have grown up with Ahsoka directly in their own view the way the OT characters were in ours. These kids are going to make up a large portion of the box office take for TFA.

While I don't think that's her arm in the trailer, I don't see any reason why (barring whatever showdown happens on REBELS) Ahsoka could not be in TFA, possibly helping Luke. I mean she would literally join the droids in connecting all eras of the Saga. That's pretty cool. It would be especially cool to have a live Jedi from the Old Republic to help Luke with whatever training needs to occur with the next slew of Jedi.

As for why she's still be living after the most recent ep of REBELS seems to indicate a collision course with Vader. It's entirely possible that he fights her and THINKS she's dead, but she doesn't die and instead goes into seclusion...not coming back out into the light until the Empire is defeated by the Rebels.

Anyways, I love Ahsoka as a character, and If by some miracle she DOES show up in TFA...Ashley MUST play her.

17. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    According to the concept art we all seen, Maz Kanata is an orange skinned short and possibly very old alien. She is absolutely positively not Ahsoka Tano.

18. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Well I suppose if TFA contains an 'old' Jedi (othertha Luke) it may as well be Ahsoka... But it doesn't need to be her.

19. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Ahsoka will plant the seeds of redemption into Vader, and Luke will take over from there.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  20. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I don't think so. Vader's initial reason for trying to get to his son is so that they could kill the Emperor and take over the galaxy. If seeds were planted, it wasn't until Vader and Luke talked on Endor.

That's my theory at least.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  21. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Please no to that retcon. The seeds of Vader's redemption lie in Luke Skywalker's actions, and no one else's.

EHT, DarthBreezy and TheBBP like this.
  22. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    They could use the arc as Vader sees Ahsoka as a Jedi and views her with disgust and hatred.

23. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Unfortunately, I don't think the Ahsoka/Vader confrontation is going to lead up to nothing.

24. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

Agreed, if anything I think Ahsoka will cement his Sithyness. If they want to use him as a main antagonist in Rogue 1 and further anthology films I imagine they are wise enough to keep him the pre-ANH unflinching villain.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  25. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Of all the threads to get bumped to the front page.

It's not Ahsoka. Ahsoka isn't happening. Be happy she came back to Rebels. Where she'll die.

SSFONE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.