main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    He doesn't really lend himself to comedy japery. Perhaps Aurra SHOULD let him drink, that would at least be amusing.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    And it could end with " Ventress and Ahsoka had to leave because the amount of damage they caused isn't covered by their tab."

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

I remember the Death Star novel mentioning this sort of thing:

"How was I to know your kind can't eat sweetweed?"
    "You could have looked it up. You plan to date outside your species, it's on you to know what's poison and what's not."
    "You're never going to let me forget it, are you?"
    "Not a chance, Green-Eyes."

4. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    I could see Fett going two ways. Either he's a complete teetotaler, or he's got a Camelbak full of vodka under the armor.

Though it's not going to happen, Ahsoka and Kanan need to get into a drinking contest, sort of like Marion and that Sherpa in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

5. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Complete with Ezra passed flat out on the table nearby. Hera comes in, sees the comatose Padawan and asks them in that very specific coldly angry way exactly what they gave him...

"Just a soda."

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think that earlier in this thread, I requested a good sarcastic Ahsoka and Kanan drinking session.

Round 2: Make this happen, Filoni. :D

7. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    And then Agent Kallus enters into the bar wearing a black storm coat, hat and terrible German accent. :D

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Listen, Herr Mutton Choppy. I don't know what kind of people you're used to dealing with, but nobody tells me what to do in my place."

"Commander Tano, let me show you what I am used to...."

9. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Of course, when Ahsoka confronts Vader about how much he's changed, he will now be practically obliged to point out it's not the years, Snips... it's the mileage.

10. ObsGryphon

ObsGryphon Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2015
    You chaps cracked me up. :D I really do like the idea of the Ventress and Ahsoka team which leads to, would Ventress involve herself in some ways with the Rebellion or just keep herself out of it? If she's still around, that is. Anyways, if they do release a comic on those missing Ahsoka years, for once, I'll be jumping to get them, ;)

Iron_lord and jakobitis89 like this.
  11. ObsGryphon

May 8, 2015
    I'm not really into the Ahsoka shipping with ABC, I just love this character but I find these videos are really well done.

12. ObsGryphon

May 8, 2015
    The first video struck a deep chord. The montage says so much about the relationship between Ahsoka and Anakin. I can't imagine what she will feel / think when she finds out the truth about him.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Unfortunately pal you won't get too many likes in this thread over your Ahsoka tribute video because there's people in here who are still to this point flipping their lids that her character was ever introduced to the SW saga to begin with.

14. ObsGryphon

May 8, 2015
    I didn't make the videos, just found them while flipping CW ep vids and thought they're pretty good. What makes you think I'm looking for likes? :D I'm just saying that the vid strikes a chord in me and just sharing. Of course there will be differing preferences in how people perceive SW, that's natural. The same goes for any other franchise.

I'm just one of those who will accept extensions to any saga if it's well written and enhanced the tapestry. It allows growth and evolution, makes it alive rather than a dead and done thing. I'm pretty late into the 3D TCW thing (mentioned in an early post that I'm not really into SW) and the chars, that's why I'm having this persistent Ahsoka cricket, like an overdrive. It's just that I've time on my hands currently but I'm expecting the chirping to die down sometime soon. lol. Doesn't mean I'll lose interest in Ahsoka but just that I'll reached an equilibrium in dealing with this char.

15. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Ahsoka really does need a proper ending I think. Not because I want her gone but for dramatic satisfaction. She started out as an absolute brat (who was awful at nicknames besides), slowly became a well-intentioned but impulsive and headstrong young warrior like her Master, we saw her grow into a strong and wise young Jedi in the making and being pretty much show-exclusive she got to develop fully in a way all the characters we already knew about just couldn't. Anakin and Obi-Wan and the rest we knew exactly where they'd end up, sure it was fun watching them along the way but there were never going to be any really shocking swerves - Anakin wasn't ever going to stay on the planet of the Three Force Beings, Obi-Wan was going to get his beard back and not be stuck looking like Hardeen for long, but Ahsoka... well, she really could die, or turn, or be lost forever in any number of ways and we wouldn't know for sure she'd be back.

But now... she IS back. And she seems on current evidence to have become a genuinely heroic and spirited Rebel, she's still got spunk but wised up and toned down the impulsiveness. Which is fun, really it is, even if some fans (though not all of course, some were glad to see the back of her) would like to find out more about the journey. Regardless, her character development is pretty much complete, she's got the true Jedi nature and spirit if not the title. Now we and she deserve an ending worthy of all the work, a destiny that feels earned. Maybe she dies, maybe she survives but she should get one achievement that shapes the future in some definite way and bow out with a lasting legacy rather than try and have her running around in the background of the OT era.

Ahsoka's Tano and Danifae like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The whole debate now is exactly what her fate can, and dare I even say it, should be. I've gotten into arguments with some people in this forum that suggest she's still not worthy of a memorable death. Like seeing Tarkin order a stormtrooper (who normally couldn't hit the broad side of a barn) to terminate her; where others suggest there would be an inevitable climax where she meets her fate at the hands of Vader himself. Me? I'm leaning towards the latter. Of course there's still that small glimmer of hope that she somehow survives through the OT and her character resurfaces in the new trilogy, but that's wishful thinking.

17. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Yeah, I am not fussed particularly whether she lives or dies as long as it's done with style and has a bit of meaning. As amusing as some fans would find it there is absolutely no point Ahsoka getting run through by Vader in a few seconds for no plot purpose, or gunned down by generic stormtrooper #456. It doesn't have to be Vader necessarily but if she must die, then a heroic death is a must. I am not anti-Ahsoka but as we get closer to the OT I honestly struggle to think of her remaining particularly relevant anymore and having a fully-realised Jedi-level force user running around fully aware of the Rebellion and Vader (and they of her) just doesn't fit the story of those films. A meaningful death would be a fitting cap to the journey she's been through, the destination can make the journey worth travelling.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I haven't read every Rebels-related post since the trailer of the new season first aired, but I kind of wonder if anyone ever thought that it was Ahsoka who came at the last moment to save Ezra from Vader during that last scene. You couldn't get more of a climactic reunion of the two if you tried.

19. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    I am trying to remain spoiler free but that sounds pretty good to me too. Though I imagine Vader is going to work his way through the sentiment and get back to chopping pretty quickly.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wrong once again

They were good videos and well put together people don't like Ahsoka who cares not everyone will

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    she does not

22. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Ahsoka's fate: She assaults the Imperial Palace, wades through waves of stormtroopers, darktroopers, shadow guard etc, lops Vader's head off, and Force-crushes Palpatine to the point that he becomes a micro black hole.

And there's no explanation of how the kriff this is supposed to fit with the OT. It just happens, and they're just dead. Like Inglourious Basterds where they just point-blank ignore history, and shoot Hitler and most of the other top Nazis to death in a movie theater. Yee haw!

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I don't think Dave is quite near Bulloni and yet. ;) Maybe after he ruins a character and entire franchise beyond a shadow of a doubt I could understand but haven't seen that, yet.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Well the Yee haw sold me lets do it.:p

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  25. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    She may well survive the way this appears to be going. However, surviving into the OT Era doesn't equal seeing her in it.