main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm still with Valk. Do. Not. Want.

I agree with you on one point. Kanan and Hera have been handled well, and their good handling has been despite all the protests about how they should kiss or something.

I didn't like Obi-Wan/Satine, mostly because I did not like Satine. Anakin and Padme got some decent happy ordinary moments in the show so I would say they were handled well, better than in the films, DESPITE Clovis, whose only good moment was at the receiving end of Anakin's fist. (And Padme was awful in both of the arcs that included him.)

Ahsoka has been a solid character in the bit of screen time that she has had, and she can function very well without a love interest, especially Lux.

minnishe likes this.
  2. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    No...just no. Let her be by herself. Plus why would she want to be tied down to anyone?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014

I agree. However, by the end of TCW Ahsoka was shaping up to be her master’s padawan. So I wouldn’t be surprised if she does have a love interest. Just please NOT Lux Bieber. If DF and co insist on shipping Ahsoka, maybe they will create completely new character instead of bring one in from TCW.

4. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    Thank you.
    The trick is you have to say in an old man's voice, like so: "Eh, Chewie...where was I going?"
    My dad's idea. Although the second one is mine. I couldn't decide which one was better so I used them both. [face_laugh]

Now back on topic...sorry if this has been discussed already but I don't want to read through 144 pages of forum lol.
    If/when Ashoka confronts Vader she will probably try to bring out the good in Vader that's there like Luke did. I don't want her to succeed...at all. The problem is, if she is able to make Vader hesitate even a little bit about killing her, it takes away from Luke's dynamic. Especially if she survives (very unlikely). The idea that someone else out there could turn Anakin back to the light side makes Luke that much less important. Of course it could it could turn out all different but, the possibility is still there.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Lux=BAMF Bail is stretching it a bit far. Even though as a character Lux is rather mediocre and this isn't necessarily a fault, when you turn him into a LI for Ahsoka he beomes lackluster pairing fodder because Ahsoka outshines him in everyway both in universe and out. Since Filoni and co. Botched their relationship, the only reason she likes him seems to be she has the hots for him, which while not a bad thing in and of itself leaves a lot to be desired in a fictional relationship.

6. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    feel the love!

I don't really like Rebels anyway, but Ahsoka going off and marrying Lux and settling down in some quiet place on a farm or something would have been better in my opinion then returning.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The Ahsoka Lux story is nauseating.

It ruined what was an otherwise decent episode. (A Friend in Need).

The only redeeming part of it was when the Mandos slaughtered a village My-Lai style in front of Ahsoka, and awoke the ****ing dragon. This is the proto-Darth-Vader's own apprentice they're ****ing with here, and she draws so much with him, and is heavily inculcated with the Skywalker way of doing things. That's never going to end well for them. And sure enough, she just started killing and killing and lopping off Mando heads at an industrial rate. Once it kicked off, Lux played pretty much no part, he was a nonfactor. As it should be.

[​IMG]

Don't **** with her. Maximum badass, no Lux required. Get SpaceBieber outta my face.

8. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    One thin I just noticed is that the Friend in Need of the title is Lux.

So the title technically means Lux Bonteri.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Tano smoking a dooby, I mean death stick, and trying to be incognito & failing.. hmm.

Lux Bonteri was probably supposed to be Lucas as a boy and man, rather helpless and looking for a strong female character to protect him and save(in real life it was his mom and sisters and probably Steela being his future wife). Lux is like a form of Luca/Luke/Lucas as well. The inspiration for Darth Vader(dark father) came from Lucas's own father- Dooku could be serving the same position as we see Lux's reactions to the death of his mother, need to rebel against a tyrant like father figure, the father-like figure being responsible for his personal suffering ect ect.

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Star Wars and emo songs should not be mixed together. Ever.

12. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    Wait... Are you suggesting that Lux is George Lucas' self insert?

...it makes an uncomfortable amount of sense...

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yes, I suspect it was Lucas doing it again.

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm going with just "uncomfortable."

I assumed Lux was inserted for the Bieber fans.

No, really.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  15. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I wonder if Ashoka has been able to sense that Princess Leia is actually the offspring of Anakin because she has spent so much time around Bail Organa. That'll be an interesting secret for her to protect. She knows of this truth and gives up her own life to protect it.

16. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

17. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Gotta echo that sentiment. That would be a stupid way to die.

jakobitis89 likes this.
  18. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    I don't doubt that Ashoka would give her life to protect a child whether it is Leia or some random kid off the street, she did go toe-to-toe with Cad Bane in the Children of the Force.

Whether she could "sense" through the Force that Leia is Anakin's daughter is doubtful though. TCW made clear that the residual connection is between apprentice and master (Dooku and Yoda in Season 6 arc comes to mind), I don't think children are included.

Its not clear if Ashoka even knows if Anakin and Padme had children. Some have suggested that Bail might have let Ashoka in on the secret, but why would he tell her?

19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Giving her life to protect a child in immediate mortal danger is one thing.

Dying to stop Vader from knowing that Leia is Force-sensitive? I dunno.

Well, I guess, if the stakes of Vader knowing that were high, it's conceivable she might. It's a situation that has kinda already occurred. Waaay back in TCW S2, when Cad Bane had her locked in an airlock and threatened to space her if Anakin wouldn't open a holocron for him (which contained details of known Force-sensitive children across the galaxy), Ahsoka straight up told Anakin not to do it, even in the face of Cad's blatant threat to kill her. And they both knew at this point that Bane wasn't a man to make idle threats, since he had just tortured Bolla Ropal to death, and they knew this, having found his corpse. So her insistence that Anakin not open the holocron even under that circumstance does seem to indicate a willingness to lay down her life to keep Cad, and his employer Darth Sidious, from finding out that info.

Yeah, she probably would keep that knowledge from Vader. Even unto death.

But still, I think it would be a lame way for her to go out.

jakobitis89 and thatotherjedi like this.
  20. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    :)

Darth Valkyrus. Excellent analysis!

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Don't you worry I think they will always plague the franchise and movies in general.:p

22. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    She will probably die trying to hold off Darth Vader while the Ghost crew or others escape. Ashoka will martyr herself in the eyes of the early Rebellion. The main characters will be wondering of ways to make sure she didn't die in vain and to make her sacrifice count for something. It eventually will with the destruction of the Empire and redemption of Vader.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    *cough* Anakin *cough*

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

I mean luke was winy in ANH.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Near everyone who was ever a kid in SW was whiny at some point. Even those who were kinda late teens to young adults, like Luke.

Anakin was whiny.
    Luke was whiny.
    I'm pretty sure Boba whined at some point in TCW.
    14yo Ahsoka whined when barred from certain missions.

Heh... it's kinda funny that 14yo Padme was a lot more mature and adult (mentally) than 19yo Luke.