main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    What did you expect ? We are talking about Japan here. :p

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    It's called "bishoujo" for a reason. Bishoujo means "beautiful girl"; but all of Kotobukiya's statues have a similar face like that. It's different, but I kinda like it.

3. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

I don't usually like the "cutesy" look of female characters in Japanese anime, but that Jaina statue is adorable.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I collect Bishoujo figures like that. Jaina Solo was my first. I also have Cammy, Chun-Li, and Zatanna. I really think they could get away with an Ahsoka one if they put their minds to it; and I'm sure it'd be popular.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

(sorry for the double post, but it has been several days anyway). I just got through reading "No Prisoners". I read it thinking assuming Ahsoka was part of the main story, but she really wasn't. Yes, there were parts where she confided with Rex more than she would someone else, but it wasn't lovingly. I was disappointed with the novel overall, but that's for a different thread to discuss. Just to the subject, I still will have a hard time believing there will ever be a "Rexsoka" couple.

6. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Ahsoka has no POV, but I have to disagree with her not being a part of the main story.

Besides the rescue plot, one of the major topics to come up is the idea of romantic attachments and how it relates to the various characters. And Ahsoka gets to respond to nearly all of them- Callista and her fiance with the Altisian Jedi in general, Pellaeon and his GF, she even has a chat about it with the clones, about both the clones and mainstream Jedi, and later a few chats with Rex about it.

It is telling that the resolution of the story isn't about the rescue mission, really- but all about relationships. Anakin and Altis, Pellaeon and Hallena and even Ahsoka and Rex's heart to heart- where it is rather clear, if it wasn't already, that she is crushing pretty bad.

Like I said, it was the starting point of my shipping.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

When I mentioned being a part of the main story, I was referring to her being a primary character; not unlike Jedi Altis or that Hallena. If you look on the back of the book, it even talks about how "Captain Rex is called upon to temporarily relieve Anakin of Ahsoka...". That story is covered for the first several pages of the opening chapter, and that's about it. I did get a kick of trying to imagine Ahsoka in baggy coveralls or even a fitted shirt and pants lol.

8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Aw man, it was hilarous when Ahsoka walked onto the Leveler in her normal early TCW attire, which was pretty much beachwear... and straight into a no-compromise dressing down from no less than Gilad "future right hand man of Thrawn" Pellaeon.

I also got a kick out of imagining her being forced to wear standard naval uniform.

[​IMG]

To me the part of the novel that stuck with me the most was the infuriating cluster**** that happened when
    a bunch of good-guy characters, who had everything to live for and were very sympathetic, (torture victim of brutal regime, young couple in love etc.) who were rebelling against said regime, were thrown by a perverse twist of fate into a kill-or-be-killed confrontation with six 501st clones led by Rex and accompanied by a Jedi master. Neither side knew the others were basically good guys. Unsurprisingly this ended with the all of the rebels dead in seconds, and none of the clones or Jedi hurt. It was just depressing.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Not sure what you meant by "none of the clones hurt". Didn't they lose two of them?

10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Wait.. what?! Paelleon is in new canon?

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    No...sadly.

Their talking about No Prisoners.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  12. thatotherjedi

thatotherjedi Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 6, 2015
    Disappointed that Legacy isn't part of a Children of the Force Arc as it probably means that Ashoka will be a third act miracle again...

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Not sure what exactly that means.

14. thatotherjedi

Jun 6, 2015
    In the third act of the episode (FIre Across the Galaxy, Children of the Force), Ahsoka swoops in and saves the day... I was hoping that they would have an arc over two episodes that would develop Ashoka as a character on Rebels and justify her existence in the story.

15. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think I have to read this now.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Ok, I'm confused now. FATG was a Rebels episode, and COTF was a TCW episode. I doubt they'd invest so much time to develop her character in the story at this point in time; they could've done that immediately after the FATG episode when she was first revealed.

I'm still counting my blessings on a separate novel and/or comic devoted exclusively on Ahsoka to give insight as to what she was doing between her departure from the Order and how she first got involved with the Rebellion.

17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

That would be very cool, I would like that as well.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

[​IMG]

19. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    RARRRGH! Safari ate my reply. Now I have to retype it.

What about a spinoff Ahsoka live action movie?

Boba Fett was introduced as a minor character, but quickly gained a massive fan following. Fast forward to when the PT was made, and this was then acknowledged by giving him this massive, cool backstory involving his genetically identical dad, and the creation of a vast. clone army from him. Now there is supposedly to be a dedicated Boba Fett movie getting made.

Ahsoka has also developed a massive fan following, so who knows, we may actually get an Ahsoka movie at some point.

Knight Wolf and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That's wishful thinking. I'd equate Ahsoka with Harley Quinn (of whom I've been a fan with since the Batman Animated Series of the 90s). Outside of the theatrical movies and live action TV shows, the character of Harley Quinn was non-existent up until her first appearance in the 90s TV show. I'm sure there were people who were disappointed with her being a sort of love interest to the Joker; almost similar to the outrage by some people about a decade later when Anakin Skywalker was given a young female Padawan. Every year a new Batman movie came out, there were some who came up with rumors that Harley might make an appearance; especially in the later Christopher Nolan movies. My point is that I would be absolutely shocked if Ahsoka gets a live action appearance at any point. Again, I'd be more than satisfied with a full novel and/or comic series devoted to her actions post-TCW/pre-Rebels.

21. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Ahsoka's Tano Uh... you do know Harley Quinn is in the forthcoming Suicide Squad, right? Looks pretty live action to me...

22. thatotherjedi

Jun 6, 2015
    Sorry, meant Future of the Force (upcoming Rebels episode) as it looks like only 1/3 of episode contains Ahsoka who saves the day again as in FATG. At this point there is no point for Ahsoka to be on Rebels. Sato could've been Fulcrum and shown up in FATG to save Ezra with the same justification. Kanan and crew could've stumbled across Rex or gotten some intel from Hondo to trigger Rex's arrival on the show...

+
    = in 2028 (approximately) there will be rumours of a "dedicated" Ahsoka Tano movie... [face_praying]

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Of course I knew about that. I meant for the past 25 years. There's been six full live action, theatrical Batman movies since Harley's first appearance in the Animated Series. And I'm looking forward to SS for her character alone; but that's besides the point.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I'd actually be cool with this. And it'd likely fly off the shelves.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Even those that never really appreciated her character couldn't have a problem with it. I mean jeez, they're milking Darth Vader for all he's worth even though we should already know everything there is to know about him since...well...he was about 7 years old.