main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Or, you can go full-fledged Sith, if you prefer.

[​IMG]

Skydoll likes this.
  2. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I like the one with the jacket.

3. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    I'll leave that up for Filoni and Season Three to decide... [face_devil]

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

Well, when Filoni has discussed the imagery of the finale, he spoke of how every shot was set up to have some kind of meaning. For instance, that Ezra fell through the floor and encountered Maul in Darkness. And that the whole episode revolves around their emergence from darkness to climb to the top of the temple, where Ezra hopes to find knowledge, and Maul hopes to reclaim a strong position. That there was a theme of emerging from darkness/ignorance/obscurity. I don't recall him commenting on the imagery of Vader and Ahsoka specifically, but after that fight, Vader is the one in the sun, walking away at ground level, while Ahsoka is walking down into darkness.

He did mention that he could show neither Vader graphically pulling Ahsoka's corpse out of the ruins, nor Ahsoka saying "whew, that was a close one" without ruining the scene. Which I felt implied that it could be symbolism that Ahsoka was dead, though I believe Filoni later clarified that he didn't intend to be that metaphorical and suggested that she is still alive, but that we may not see her again in Rebels.

But still that image remains of her sulking away below ground level into darkness. Does that mean she's going to go to the Dark Side? Not necessarily, IMO. But it could mean that she's sinking into the same kind of obscurity that Maul had been in. It might be symbolic that she's so affected by the revelation that her master is a Sith Lord that she's refusing to continue to fight and is instead going to go into hiding. That's just a theory though.

Between that symbolism and Filoni mentioning that future stories of her may happen outside of Rebels, I don't know that she's going to crop back up again in the series. Though he did live the door open by saying "never say never."

Skydoll, Lt. Hija and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  5. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The big thing Filoni is on is mainly the owls or as he calls them, convors(sp?).

Vader had no ship anymore, was destroyed apparently, his Tie was left underground after he attacked Ezra so where else was he gonna go?! I think if he could've recalled his ship off his belt he would have done so, but this does not appear to be the case. I think Ahsoka was injured, one can' forget that Vader wears over 260lbs of armor plus he's cybernetically enhanced and being fed who knows what medically.

We're left with more ambiguity and more questions than answers by the end of Season Two.

I don't know. How important is Ahsoka , aside from being a fan favorite and one of Filoni's beloved characters. Talking in universe. She was a good & skilled fighter certainly, but she was never Kenobi or Anakin on TCW, she never defeated Ventress , Grievous, Dooku or Dark Bariss. Her main thing is really Mortis. The rest of her teen years and early adult years we're not privy to yet, but its safe to say she matured and advanced skill wise by the time she appears on Rebels and eventually faces Vader himself. The Vader vs Ahsoka duel did prove to be a challenge for Vader, was not like his duel against Kanan or Ezra, he was facing a well trained and skilled enemy who was matching him blow for blow but towards the end Ashoka is still facing an opponent much larger than herself and made out've metal armor and cybernetic attachments and you see her getting worn out and Vader seizes the moment to eventually try and end it by forcing towards the ledge and Force pushing her to her doom.

Even a contemporary Ahsoka's level could not defeat Maul or really Vader and she barely fended off The Inquisitors with even Kanan at her side just before . She did do a good Force push against Vader in the opening fight. The Inquisitors appear to have been more training and upping their abilities since the last time Ahsoka faced them on her own. Maul apparently fell a great distance off the pyramid but saved himself presumably by using the Force to break his fall(and its not his first fall from a great height so he likely has done it before plus he had to be able and conscious enough to escape the big blast and find a Tie), while Ahsoka fell a much shorter, but still a good distance off the pyramid after being pushed by Vader but crashed on the stone and was knocked out for a short time and possibly injured to some extent from the fall. Well the biggest thing is that Vader's place by the time of ANH is still below Tarkin. If Vader killed warriors like Ahsoka or even Maul just a measly couple of years prior to ANH, you'd think he'd be outranking Tarkin and more have Sidious's complete respect and confidence but this is not the case. We know in Marvel that Sidious immediately wanted to replace Vader by someone stronger and more powerful after his fall on Mustafar & once the Death Star goes, Sidious just comes right out with it so who really is to say Sidious has not tried prior even unbeknown to Vader. We do not see a really strong and powerful Vader by ANH , he's not going all Force unleashed on the Tantive or Leia or Kenobi and we do not see Kenobi anywhere near Dooku's level of AOTC, Windu's of ROTS or even Jinn's in TPM. So somethings are undeed strange going on with these Force characters by ANH(in universe). I would find it hard to believe Vader can defeat Maul but not Kenobi or even Luke. Vader's fighting style against Ahsoka is basically the same one we saw when he faced Kenobi and later Luke. So there is a limitation of what he can do and its grounded in the movie manner yet for the most part but Force push is used during combat by Maul, Ahsoka and Vader which is more a PT/TCW thing rather than OT so Vader's combat style is modernized following the PT pattern rather than remaining strictly OT. We see someone being ordered around and held on tight leash by Tarkin. Where are all the Inquisitors, apparently their end basically makes even the Dark Side as used by the two reigning Sith Lords weak by the time of the OT. Still after Ahsoka comes back from her fall, she comes back recharged, and with enough fight in her to topple Vader much to his surprise apparently as he definitely underestimated her, but one can also interpret him first offering Ahsoka a chance to join him as a certain hesitance on his part to fight a powerful enemy where he could possibly lose. Did Vader know Maul was there, it does not appear likely he was informed as they died before they could get details to him, maybe he thought Ahsoka killed his Inquisitors.

Vader we're constantly reminded at this time is evil - but we did see a lil bit of Anakin again but Vader again took control - but Vader walking out've the temple all damaged and limping away and Ahsoka turning her back on him and walking in another direction probably just means for that day their fight was over, not necessarily Ahsoka gave up and decided to rot away down there - we also have to presume Vader will call in a ship to get him off Malachor and reinforcements to cull through the ruins to search for Ahsoka. IF Vader did not kill Ahsoka, and with Anakin's and Vader's ego, that has to be something that pissed him off and Ezra too opening the power of the temple appears to have bothered him, as it it was presumably something neither he nor Sidious could have accomplished together - get the feeling Sith duo's have attempted over the years, tried and failed. Maul waiting there for years apparently, seems more to indicate he either foresaw something - but its pretty apparent he was not surprised to come across Jedi . We don't know how many years Maul was on Malachor, but he's extremely up to date and he has faced an Inquisitor or more during the Dark Times. Maybe one can interpret Vader walking towards the light and Ahsoka the dark, but its a massive stretch since Yoda was the one who sent the heroes there and Yoda apparently had faith in her and essentially gave his blessing with the smile and wave to her in particular. The owl flying over Vader and heading towards Ahsoka seems to indicate there is something special with Ahsoka and apparently the Force in Filoni's SW seems to act through animals as well, a theme stronger in Filoni's controlled show than Lucas' from what I can tell.

Does she transform herself into convors or simply does she see through them, just why were these creatures added. Apparently they're around Ahsoka while she's fighting against the trandoshan hunters, but the ones on Rebels are different and their colors are the colors of The Daughter, so something else is going on.

I think there is too many questions yet, unless they're playing smoke and mirrors.

6. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    There's a million in-universe theories that could explain Ahsoka's survival, her turn to the dark side, or going into hiding, whatever. It's fun to speculate, but I'm content right now to wait, simply because I think TPTB are not done with her. She's unique in the SW universe (at least at the time of the PT and OT) in that she bridges both eras and yet her arc is largely unwritten. She also comes out of a different kind of storytelling (TV) than almost all the other major characters, who hail from the grander, more operatic style of the movies. It's only the Rebels characters who have developed in a similar way, but she came first. We know we're going to get a novel later this year exploring some aspects of her history but beyond that, I think Lucasfilm would be crazy not to find a way of developing her further. So, I live in hope (and that she doesn't turn dark).

On the other hand, I'm also glad that Rebels will continue to explore its own territory. If Ahsoka doesn't turn up again in this show, as Dave Filoni hints, I hope we get more of her elsewhere. But I'm enjoying seeing the Rebels family evolve, and the whole "worms-eye" view of a rebel cell being just one element that will come together with a whole lot of others to one day form the Rebel Alliance. I love the smaller, more intimate scale of it - it's still epic, but the focus is smaller. It's a story worth telling.

Twain and Neyo like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

That's one thing to consider. While it's been mentioned that the new novel will focus on the events between Ahsoka leaving the Jedi Council and becoming Fulcrum, there is a possibility that there might be some areas that hint at her being even more distanced from the Jedi than we're really accustomed to at this point. Even further, there might be some nods to the events of Mortis; and her ties to The Daughter.

Knight Wolf and Skydoll like this.
  8. Skydoll

Apr 27, 2016
    I'm all for it. She's already a nuanced character by the end of her time in TCW and, to a large extent, we only know her as a Jedi. But, she was a teenager, and while Jedi-trained, she must've had some pretty dark times after leaving the Order and before becoming Fulcrum. Let's see and hear about those.

Knight Wolf and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  9. Skydoll

Apr 27, 2016
    PS I mean "Dark" as in personally dark, not "Dark side of the Force" or anything. Though, ya never know...

10. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    First thing I’m gunna do when I get the Ahsoka novel is flip to the back to see if there is a 2 or 3 page ‘epilogue’ chapter detailing what happened after the temple exploded on Malachor. I hope that some day we will eventually get a live-action Ahsoka (even if its just a cameo).

Skydoll likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Isn't that concerned cheating? [face_phbbbbt]

12. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It's just advancing ahead to gain knowledge before everyone else. ;)

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Just make sure that any spoilers are hidden from public view!

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    That's why there's spoiler tags.

15. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Spoiling books, outside the literature section, tends to spark a riot.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Whenever I'm reading a book, I always have a habit of taking a peak of a page several chapters in advance. I don't read anything from it; just a habit.

17. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013

[​IMG]

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Oh, I do that too. It's an annoying habit I really need to get over. Ruined so many good books and movies, too.

Skydoll likes this.
  19. Skydoll

Apr 27, 2016
    Me too! :)

Apart from any other consideration, I think a live-action Ahsoka would look amazing. And given SW's tendency to stuff backgrounds with incredibly cool-looking characters, I'm hoping it's possible...

That really goes for the whole crew of the Ghost too.

Knight Wolf and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

I agree with you all. I am hopwful that she will show up. Even though the scenes were deleted they had Shaak Ti on the big screen. So they can put a Togruta in the movie.

21. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    I think a live action Ahsoka could work, but the only issue I can foresee is finding the right actress. Seeing as she has such a large fanbase, SOMEONE would be dissatisfied with whoever they pick.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well considering she'd be in costume, I doubt it would really matter. Some have even suggested Ashley Eckstein herself could do it; though I'd imagine her live acting background in front of a camera is somewhat limited.

23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Ashley Eckstein doesn't look right. Ahsoka's face isn't really caucasian. It's more of a black or maybe even Indian (dot) face.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Well like Todd suggested in the other thread, these days you could do wonders with either heavy duty makeup or CGI technology. Think Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy, or even Andy Sirkis as Gollum in LOTR.

25. Skydoll

Apr 27, 2016
    Given that Ahsoka's skin tone is a sort of orangey-brown, I'd suspect that she could be played by an actress of any color as there's going to be a big make-up job there. I think maybe you're responding to the way the character's face is styled in TCW...? She has a different sort of physiognomy in Rebels. But it's a fair point. Part of her appeal is that she's recognizably beautiful, in both her onscreen incarnations.

Ashley Eckstein's voice is heavily associated with the character, at bringing her to life, but it would depend a whole heap on how large the live-action role was, I guess. If it was a speaking role, it might be a jolt to some if she didn't sound like Ahsoka. This is one of those instances where you begin to see how difficult and skilled the casting director's job is.