main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Well, I can't agree there, I thought his superiority was pretty obvious.

I was only talking about the new canon as it doesn't make any sense to compare movies made in the 70ties and 80ties with a modern animated show.

La Calavera likes this.
  2. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Fine. The Force Ghost is right. :)

Darth_Pevra and La Calavera like this.
  3. Imperial Starfleet

Imperial Starfleet Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2016
    i think she stayed by choise and can leave whenever she wants (there are still 2 tie advanced standing)

4. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Atleast she can't leave simultaneously with Vader.

5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Do those TIEs have hyperdrives? If they don't she's as good as stuck. She might be able to leave the planet's surface, even fly to other planets in the same system, but with only an ion drive she wouldn't be able to cover interstellar distances. Well, she could, but she would die of old age long, long before getting there. Unless she was able to take it up to extremely high sublight, like 99.9% of C... then time dilation h4x would kick in, she'd get where she was going still as a young woman, but in the future. Hey, maybe there's a shoe-in for her to appear in VIII or IX and still be a young woman.

Meh, I think they did actually have hyperdrives. These are the TIEs the inquisitors came in, right?

6. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Now that this poor soul was finally vanquished, I should probably change my sig and avatar.

7. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    This fight is so funny because it has similarities to Sidious vs Maul and Savage.

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I think it's funny how much she owns them in this fight yet in the finale she's having trouble with them !!!

9. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    That's obvious because they got better with time. But I like the fact she used two sabers like Palpatine. She dominated almost the same but didn't fight to kill. Also the brother had the same lightsaber like Savage and was weak like him.

10. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Over time ! It was hardly years, more a couple of months or so

11. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    There isnt any difference lol. Still in a couple of months they get better.

12. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    It is possible for one to learn from their mistakes. This isn't DBZ where characters have power levels.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know this is only circumstantial; but one could come up with at least a theory that she may have been off her game against the Inquisitors because she had other things on her mind at the time. Maybe deep down she knew that she'd be facing Vader soon enough.

La Calavera and Knight Wolf like this.
  14. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Perhaps the Inquisitors didn't fight better on Malachor but fought poorly the time before (don't remember where it was). They didn't know Ahsoka, they thought "another Force User wannabe" and they went at it in casual-mode and got their butts handed to them. So the second time they met her they simply went at it seriously.

Or perhaps is just that "consistency" isn't required to make Star Wars stories.

Knight Wolf likes this.
  15. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Yes they underestimated her. But Ahsoka has also fought outstanding there.

16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Or maybe, as with any piece of Star Wars media, a character's performance in a lightsaber duel is dependent on the plot and what feels thematically appropriate vs. what the reality should be in-universe.

17. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Well it will probably always be what looks best. In most cases it works as well with the plot and regard to capabilities of the characters.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I thought they were more evenly matched on Malachor. There's also the possibility that the planet was so seeped in the dark side that it enhanced their connection to the Force to an extent.

rumsmuggler and Neyo like this.
  19. Neyo

Neyo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2016
    Probably it has strengthened them as it has strengthened Maul.

20. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think its simply called training and practice.The Inquisitors were already fighting much better during Oosalon and working more as a pair/team . Am sure Vader had them training after their defeat at the hands of Ahsoka Tano months before back in Hammertown on Takobo - plus if Vader did not really care about them, as in viewed them as complete failures and worthless and replaceable ect, he would've killed them himself after they failed against Tano and lost the children of the Force. While its the opposite they're still valuable warriors with a purpose and still in the game up to Malachor and entrusted with their mission . On Malachor it was apparent that Ahsoka and Kanan were outmatched by the Inquisitor's, if it had not been for Chopper, things may not have ended well for Kanan and Ahsoka against the 8th Brother who was agile and dangerous - for the bulk of the finale Ahsoka and Kanan wanted to run away again rather than make a stand and battle - they only made a stand and fought after being inspired and motivated to do so by Maul and even then it took a while for them to finally decide and Ahsoka still lacked the ability to use a deathstrike(as against the 5th Brother). Ahsoka for whatever reason they did not want to make seen taking a life on the show.

21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If being on Malachor amps up the ability of darksiders or suppresses the ability of light siders, or both, then that makes her ability to not die immediately against Vader even more impressive.

22. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016

I totally agree. The Inquisitors seem to have underestimated Ahsoka before, because they were clearly powerful on Malachor. They were also overconfident, something that to me seems to imply that they arenĀ“t defeated often (the fact that they work for Vader is also a clue). They seemed eager to go one on one against their prey (Ahsoka and Kanan for the Fifth Brother and the Seventh Sister, Maul for the Eight Brother) and the fact that they were sent to track them means that they had probably proven their abilities more than once...

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  23. Torn

Torn Jedi Master

Jun 28, 2003
    Let me apologize first, not sure how to search or to see if this was covered. I am a SW fan who saw ANH in 1977 when I was 10 and it was just called Star Wars. I immediately loved the character of Darth Vader and enjoyed his mystery and power. Rebels is like a dream come true to see the suited Vader do as Obi Wan told Luke, hunt down and destroy the remaining Jedi.

I did watch the Clone Wars and also enjoyed the Ahsoka character. I understood the relationship that Anakin and Ahsoka had and really enjoyed how it played out in Rebels.

So, although it bugged me that Ahsoka struck Vader, it was amazing to hear the Anakin/Vader voice.

Why does the injured Vader call to Ahsoka twice? I understand hearing the voice was great but is it still a sign of weakness? I hate that we cannot see a suited Vader with no mercy or no remorse, who is strong. I actually fear Rogue One as well but that's another story for another time.

Why does he call to Ahsoka, twice?

Thank you

La Calavera and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Matt Lanter answered in a podcast that when he recorded it, he was thinking about a lure, he is using emotional manipulation over her and when she refused it he turns back to "You will die" and he means it.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    (In before the lock)

It's been debated alot in the forum. Some have suggested the swipe to his helmet gave him a brief moment of clarity. Others have argued he was only using that Anakin connection to keep her there.