main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Ahsoka: "Hey Skyguy!"
    Vader decapitates his former Apprentice.
    Vader: "Hey Snips.

2. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    If she does show up in Rebels, then I think it might be a good place for her to die. I don't want her fate to be unknown (that's one thing that bugs me about major characters). I'd be just as happy if there was an EU novel about her showing her death. Although, if they do decide to kill her in the series, I don't want her to just show up in an episode and get killed in that same episode. I'd like to first see her in a few arcs, hiding from the Empire and helping the rebels, and then die. I also don't want her to be shown going to the dark side.

CommanderDrenn and DatPadawan like this.
  3. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Sooner or later they're going to have to explain what happened to her and why she wasn't around during the rebellion.

Or not.

4. Thuro

Thuro Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2013
    Clone wars was cancelled? Man am I out of the loop.

I laughed so hard.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    The completed portion of Season 6 is coming out around January through as-yet unspecified means, probably online. Other than that, Rebels will be the spiritual successor to TCW.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The rebellion was pretty big mind you. As in, probably more than a million people. Maybe multiple millions.

Not everybody was Luke Skywalker, front and center blowing up the Death Star and confronting Darth Vader.

Mzukiller likes this.
  7. Mzukiller

Mzukiller Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 5, 2012
    I vote option 3. As long as she isn't the center of the universe again, I'm A-Okay with her.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There you go.

DarthRelaxus and Mzukiller like this.
  9. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    If Ahsoka does appear in Rebels (I think she will) her dying would be something that could potentially define the series. We all know of DF's love for the character he was allowed to create, and now that the creative gloves are off (meaning no more GL pulling his reins), any death scene for her would no doubt have to be a monumental moment in his creative process. How this might take place is obviously something to chew on though. A better question might be whether or not she takes on a martyr role (of course this opens a new can of worms when you consider no one had ever heard of her before TCW).

10. DatPadawan

DatPadawan Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2013
    ^This.

SkywalkerSquadron likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Aw come on SkywalkerSquadron give the dark side some love. Don't tell me you wouldn't squee the first time some fool of an Imperial officer gave some bigoted Human High Culture disrespect to a turned Ahsoka, only to find himself three seconds later on the floor in agony in a fetal position, with a few residual arcs still crackling across his body...

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We don't need a separate thread just for "Ahsoka death in Rebels" discussion... people are free to discuss that possibility in the main "Ahsoka in Rebels" thread. *Thread merge*

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Eh, the old "The *Official* Ahsoka in The Clone Wars thread" from the Index should just be bumped with a title change.

Maybe the old "What should Ahsoka's fate be" in the Index could be updated somehow. Change the title and edit/refresh the poll, if possible.

They're the same threads.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    They are very similar and it is Ahsoka overkill, but the focus of the discussion in those threads was really more for TCW. What we really need less of is polls. ;)

Darth Kickass likes this.
  15. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    However she turns up I definitely want to see a showdown with Vader. I think if that happens Vader would of course have to kill her, only furthering her status as a point of contention between the pro-AT and anti-AT crowds. Man that would be awesome!

16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL, you might find the "What should Ahsoka's fate be?" thread...entertaining. One of the first places I posted in old LACWAC on the IGN boards and damn, that thread was a ****storm.

I do think the aftermath of such a showdown would be, er, explosive. As in "all the mods will need red wine, low-sodium diets and prescriptions for Losartan" explosive.

17. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Yeah "explosive" might actually be an understatement. But whether you like her or not, she's got to die, right? And what better way for her to go out than at the hands of her old master. I actually don't mind her character, but her showing up in EP VII would be gratuitous at best.

18. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    What do you think is the worst possible thing they could do with Ahsoka? I mean, without outright, blatantly contradicting the OT's continuity in a retcon-type fashion.

Bearing in mind that some pretty outrageous things, such as, say, a person attacking and killing Palpatine, are technically "possible" in a Dark Times era SWU without outright contradicting the OT, due to the established existence of cloning and Palpatine's essence transfer ability. There's nothing to say that he wasn't killed at some point between RoTS and ANH, and switched to a clone body.

So yeah, what's the worst, most outrageous, most unbelievable, most middle-finger stuff they could do with Ahsoka and still claim to be within the bounds of continuity set by the OT?

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My preference would be that she is never seen nor heard from again and we don't find out what the hell happens to her. Let everyone draw their own conclusions. The pro-Tano crowd can assume she outlived Yoda in a cave on Dagobah that was more luxurious than Yoda's because she's better than Yoda or something; the rest of us can assume she was eaten by Ewoks immediately after she left the Temple. Or slipped and fell in Lux's bathtub. Or something. Win-win.

If she does show up and they do show her death, I hope it's done well. The "we can't let a major character die off screen" argument was used regarding Padme and that outcome was abysmally ridiculous. It would have been better if she had just ridden off into the sunset with the Organas and left everyone guessing what eventually killed her.

Darth Valkyrus , I'll think about that one, but "middle finger" to whom exactly?

20. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm going to go with her showing up in the ST as a "wise sage" to Luke and Leia's kids, with the revelation that she had been using her Awesome Force Powers to conceal herself all this time, only revealing herself when she knows the Empire is gone and it's safe.

That's the first thing that comes to mind.

As far as Rebels--making her the lead character who uses her superpowers to save the day for the rest of the Ghost crew on Every. Single. Mission.

Having her be so powerful that the Inquisitor is charged with making "finding this Most Powerful Force User Ever, more powerful than the Emperor and Vader combined" his top priority.

22. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Palpatine being "killed" by Ahsoka would definitely qualify, regardless of any "essence transfer ability", as an outrageous middle finger.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I would take the time to share what kinds of things I would consider a big 'ol middle finger, but I'm too afraid that it might give Filoni more ideas.

24. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    They could have Ahsoka be the one to convince Luke that there was still good in Vader.

I knew your father during the Clone Wars.
    How?
    I...I was his apprentice.
    Obi-Wan never told me my father had an apprentice.
    Really?
    Really.
    Oh, well, maybe he forgot.
    Obi-Wan didn't tell me a lot of things, actually.
    Oh.
    What was my father like?
    Anakin wasn't a bad man. He was a great Jedi, actually. The Jedi Council were just big meanies, they're the reason I left the Order.
    How was the Jedi Council mean?
    They didn't realize what a hot badass your dad was. They made him keep his hot wife a secret. They were total jerks.
    You knew my mother?
    Yeah. Her name was Padme, we were like sisters. Close sisters. Like, really close. You know what I mean? *winks*
    Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. I have a twin sister, we have a very close bond.
    That's hot.
    Yeah?
    Yeah. *leans in close to Luke* Wait, we're getting off track. Luke, listen to me. Your father wasn't an evil man, the Jedi Council made him evil. He believed in me, he was the only one who believed in me. Now you have to believe in him. You have to reach out to him, he'll listen to you. You're the first family he's had in twenty years...since Padme died. Luke, other than me, you're the galaxy's only hope. You have to try.
    I will. Thank you, Ahsoka. You've taught me so much, you're the wisest person I've ever met. Every good thing I'll ever do will be because of you.
    I'll always be with you, Luke. Always.

That'd just about do it.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Great stuff, Jenny. :D

But guys, I'm telling you, somewhere in California, Mr. David "Roscoe" Filoni is reading all of this and furiously scribbling away in his notebook.