main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I'll give it to you that that seems like the best way. However I don't see it going down, at least in the Rebels series. For one it would need a pretty large build up (more than just one episode). I mean 5 seasons was dedicated to Anakin and Ahsoka's relationship, they wouldn't just have him kill her in a half hour episode. With that being said, the time it would take to build up to a "Vader Kills Ahsoka" moment would take too much time away from the regular Rebels characters. I don't think Filoni want's to detract from the core group.

If Ahsoka shows up, it's just to help out, nothing about her specifically, which would rule out her death on the show. Just my 2 cents though.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh I see. This is where we get nasty and personal with those who have a dissenting opinion. I'm not going to consider it a "problem" if I don't succumb to an obvious attempt to say "Hey you! This is SAD! CRY you cold-hearted *****!"

Some things never change though. No saying anything against wanting to see Ahsoka. [face_ shame_on_you]

And before anyone says that I've already stated my opinion--the opinion "I want to see Ahsoka fight Vader" has been stated about 764358 times all over this forum, with no one being told to shut up for saying it.

Let's not have a double standard.

And speaking of "moving on", why not move on to this great new show with new characters? That's the point I was making earlier about wanting them to hog the spotlight.

Ahsoka absolutely does not need to be in this show. And hell, if they give her a spinoff movie--win-win. People who like her can go see it, and she doesn't interfere with a show that I love so far.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Agreed.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  5. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I think the problem is that for the months before we got news people assumed Rebels was going to be TCW, but ten years later.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Hell, I assumed that myself initially. I like what we're getting much better though.

7. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    This is stated perfectly. It is probably impossible to give Ahsoka a respectful death without her cannibalizing a significant chunk of a season.

It would be cool to see Ahsoka mirror Kanan a little bit by remaining mostly undercover. Maybe she shows up, picks Kanan's brain about the location of other Jedi, and heads off to do other stuff. As a one-off episode it could please TCW fans and give newer Rebels fans some information about recent galactic history.

8. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I mean, remember when we saw that sketch of the Ghost cockpit and people freaked out for one reason or the other because the pilot looked like they might have lekku? :p

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not sure about lekku, but I said "Oh hell" when I heard a former Jedi was going to be heading/among the crew.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  10. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    And now we have Kanan. And Hera. And Kanan/Hera. :)

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The former Jedi and the one with lekku are both So. ****ing. Awesome.

12. cunningj

cunningj Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    I agree I would rather see them focus on our current characters and maybe new characters in seasons down the road, than dedicating episodes to TCW characters such as Ahsoka. Especially when the Rebels season is shorter than TCW

13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Rebels won't be doing character acts. It's one singular continuity.

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Kato Sai

If she did show up in Rebels, and had to end up meeting Vader. I don't think she would survive the encounter.

Muzik likes this.
  15. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Vader would be ruthless, no compassion and no pause. He slayed Obi-Wan without a second thought. Although, maybe the Anakin side of Vader would want to turn Ahsoka to the Dark Side. I think that is not likely, but not completely improbable.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    It's possible he would try. But I don't think Ahsoka would fall for it. She would fight him with everything she had.

17. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree, Ahsoka would never turn. Do you think she would believe Anakin really is the twisted tyrant in technological suite? I know she probably has heard the hearsay about Anakin being involved in the Jedi Purge, but I imagine if she saw Vader in person she might suspend her disbelief for a moment.

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Ahsoka: " I know what you did to Anakin. I know you killed him."
    Vader: "No Ahsoka. I didn't kill him."
    Ahsoka: " Yes you did. You killed him when you attacked the temple. Stop lying to me."
    Vader: "Search your feelings Snips. You know who I really am."
    Ahsoka: " That's not true! That's impossible!"

I don't know. I think it would be hard for her to believe at first.

19. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    "I had heard the theories of course, but I didn't want to believe it. So I wrote it off as paranoid conspiracy theory. I let myself believe the official version of my once master's fate. Anakin died in the purge, and Vader came from wherever it is that Sidious pulls his apprentices from. But now I stand before you. And I feel your presence in the Force. And I know that the worst of all fears is true. You are indeed the man who was my master. That theory is no deranged conspiracy, but truth. You are Anakin Skywalker."

"No, Ahsoka. Skywalker is dead. His name no longer holds any meaning for me. Only Darth Vader remains."

"If that is so... Then I have nothing else to do here... other than to destroy the perverse revenant I find defiling the form of Anakin Skywalker, the good man I called master. I will do this now, or die trying."

*Draws her hilt to her hand, and it snap-hisses to life.*

And it's on!

TheSilentInfluence and Kablob like this.
  20. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    Basically this.

We wouldn't need a scene where they rip-off Luke and Vader in ESB. (Which is good, because that would suck.) She would know who he was as soon as they came face to face with each other, in the same way that Obi-Wan knew that Vader was on the Death Star as soon as he landed, and vice-versa.

Let Ahsoka give up completely on Anakin. She can try to save Barriss instead.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I wouldnt mind seeing her as a reoccurring character . TCW never felt claustrophobic like this show is, it was already more ambitious and grander not sure whether cause it was Lucas or not but there was a epic scope. I think the show would get repetitive and old if all we see is this same crew constantly on board The Ghost flying in and out've Lothal and never getting caught. The ship is quite large and unique looking, in reality no idea how its not caught by now as these guys never leave the planet and never change outfits even when out roaming around Imperials undetected,lol.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You never watched Firefly, did you?

Having the same characters going on adventures allows for character development.

Muzik and ifleninwasawizard like this.
  23. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Maybe this is me being too squishy, but it would be interesting to see Ahsoka barely survive a Vader encounter. I at least want to see her with the knowledge that Anakin became Vader.

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That sounds like a good plan.

25. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Kanan/Hera is actually the first pairing in Star Wars that I ship.

Before that the closest for me was Obi-Wan/Ventress. However, I actually prefer for Ventress and Obi-Wan to stay single and not actually become a couple. Besides it was more fun to see Ventress flirt with and tease Obi-Wan anyways. After all nobody can sass 'em like Ventress can. *raises beer glass*