main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    Mind if I get a piece of that action? First time coming into this thread and I don't feel like going through 50 pages.

2. Tackelberry

Tackelberry Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2014
    So, let's say Ahsoka appears in Rebels. Do you think Filoni would push for her to become a a permanent/ reoccurring character in the show or just have her be a one time only thing?

3. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    Cue circlejerk in 3...2...1...

4. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Permanent would alienate too many people, and I hope he would realize that. There was a time for Ahsoka to be a front-and-center character, and it was TCW. I mean, I quite like Ahsoka as a character but even so I'd be annoyed if they made her a permanent character.

Recurring, like Cad Bane or Satine in TCW, I'd like best out of all three options I think. Though this should be eased in - not heavy upfront slabs of Ahsokery in early seasons - rather a hint here or there, then maybe a name drop as second hand information from some character, followed by a first brief, discreet appearance. Followed by nothing at all for a while, maybe the rest of that season. Then later she appears maybe for an ep, then for an arc.

If she just shows up, outta nowhere, with zero prelude, no hint she was ever gonna be in the show, and then suddenly there she is, all guns blazing and fireworks going off like a glorified WWE entrance *Ladies and Gentlemen! Ahsoooooookaaaaa Taaaanoooo!* it would just be horrible.

I hope he has the sense to realize this ahead of time, and not do it.

Tackelberry likes this.
  5. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Really? Someone said that on here? Who was it btw? You could always PM me the answer.

By the way I happen to like Ahsoka. However, I also like poking fun at her character and I don't mind bringing up any issues that I may have with how her character is handled.

^I'm not worried about her appearing in Rebels. I'm more so worried about how her character will be handled within the show itself.

But yeah Darth Valkyrus I totally agree with you on both the extreme Ahsoka haters and the Ahsoka creepers.

6. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014

I'd have to agree. The degree to which people might dislike/hate Ahsoka itself doesn't bother me - mostly it's just when (and this applies to any character, not just her) someone starts bringing up their dislike all the time in unrelated discussions and/or attacking people who do like her. Someone who really dislikes her, even extremely, but manages not to be a jerk about it is waaay better than the Ahsoka creepers.

That would probably better. I'm not too worried that she'd get the second type of entrance, though - I mean, if nothing else, I'm sure there are a fair number of kids watching Rebels who hadn't seen TCW, and Filoni knows better than to make the impact of her appearance completely dependent on people already knowing/liking the character. So I think it's more likely she'd be given appearances here and there - not enough to overshadow the Rebels mains, but enough to introduce her to anyone who's unfamiliar with the character - and then either having one major Ahsoka-centric arc of some sort, or just having her be a secondary and occasionally recurring character.

7. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    You guys do know that Simon Kinberg exists, right? Filoni is not the sole showrunner here.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. skygawker

May 25, 2014
    Well, same goes for Kinberg as for Filoni. The point is that it seems a little unnecessary to worry that the showrunners are suddenly going to push the other main characters to the side to make way for Ahsoka. If she is brought in, I'm sure they'll find a way to integrate her into the show in a way that makes sense.

9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    All Tano haters should be locked up in a padded cell with alpenhorn's protruding in with the Ahsoka name being chanted instead of ricola by decree of Sheev.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Good to know that you advocate torture for those who have a different opinion from you on a cartoon character. Thank you for sharing.

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    You would take that serious,lol.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Let me put it this way: if I said the same about those who demanded that the stormtroopers be "competent," or about those who like Ahsoka, both the forum and my alert system would blow up.

Jokes are jokes when they are funny. That includes jokes at my expense, which I have no trouble laughing at when they aren't passive-aggressive.

skygawker likes this.
  13. skygawker

May 25, 2014

Huh, weird. Usually I have a "can we not" response to unfunny "jokes" at the expense of people who do like Ahsoka, not the other way around.

Nevertheless. Can we not?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Have the theories that Ahsoka is Fulcrum been posted in this thread yet? If not, here it is:

[​IMG]

Notice the emblem on that crate? Now take a look at this:

[​IMG]

While it may be a tiny bit of a stretch, that emblem does look oddly similar to Ahsoka's tattoo on her forehead.

I don't think Bail is Fulcrum, as they seem to be very secretive about what they do. While Bail would no doubt try and be secretive as well if he did this sort of thing, he's already met the Ghost crew in person so I don't think he'd be this sneaky about it.

If Fulcrum does turn out to be Ahsoka, I don't think they'd reveal it until season two.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  15. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, I've mentioned it before:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...hread-spoilers.50024119/page-10#post-51936503

16. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I don't think they would put Ahsoka into the series THAT early
    I think we're about to find out who Fulcrum is in the Gathering Forces episode after Empire Day.

17. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    She must have the mature lock disabled. Tsk tsk Ashoka.

19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yep. Well, I guess were on a wait and see approach. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was Ahsoka; or the person had a connection to Ahsoka in the past. Except for Lux. He can go away.

Hopeless likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I would love to find someone who likes Lux and ask them why.

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm sure there are people. Somewhere.....

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I find this weird everyone keeps on talking about all these Ashoka "Haters" and I can only point out two me and Anakinfansince1983.

23. skygawker

May 25, 2014
    Clearly you've never been on any of the Star Wars Facebook pages. Or the prequel-era-in-general-hating sections of Tumblr or YouTube. Those guys make you look benevolent towards her by comparison.

The Ahsoka "creepers," of course, can be found easily with an innocuous search of her name on Google images or DeviantArt.

24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Do you still need the theory-thing? It's been posted here actually. Lol. And I didn't see this message until now; sorry.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    There are a few more than us. But it doesn't really matter.

On the theory for those who want to know: It's that Ahsoka is Hera's info source, the Fulcrum.