main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Ok ok I was just never quite sure how powerful the Inquisitor was meant to be (I've been avoiding most of the threads and info about the series in order to avoid any spoilers).

I just remember in TCW Ahsoka had trouble with many other force users (Barriss even beat the stuffing out of her) so I figured Ahsoka might have trouble with a person like the Inquisitor as well.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

Actually according to tonights eppy Ahsoka would be about 32/33sh (tonights episode officially said it had been 15 years since the stuff in ROTS happened).

Was there ever an official age for Ahsoka during TCW though?

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Yes she was 14 when the show started.

4. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

So she would have been 16 in season 5 of TCW rather than 17. Or was there three years inbetween Ep. II and III or just two?

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

3 year between the movies.

6. darkchrono

May 23, 2005
    Ok likely 17 in TCW season 5 then (since I think they stated season 5 happened not long before ROTS). And she would be about 32 currently in Rebels.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And even non-force users - she ends up fleeing from Grievous in the younglings arc.

8. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    To be fair-most Jedi would.

9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Not Gungans though :D

10. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Because they are bombad warriors:
    [​IMG]

RIP Tarpals ^:)^

ifleninwasawizard and Iron_lord like this.
  11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Indeed. I don't really object to their using brains and bravery instead of swordfighting skill to take him down.

12. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    With her fight with Bariss I think that Bariss was channeling the dark side a bit which would make you a better fighter. Also the only one who could ever beat Grievous was Obi-wan or Anakin. That being said it's not suprising that she struggled when he fought her since he was taught by Dooku who was the greatest swordsman in the Jedi at one point.
    Also she was a wrecking ball when she channeled the dark side so since she isn't a Jedi anymore what's to say she wouldn't tap into when she would fight the Inquisitor. I couldn't see a valid argument where the Inquisitor could beat Ahsoka.

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm hoping the Inquisitor is developed as a threatening villain. Ceiling hijinxes aside, Rise of the Old Masters was a good start.

Regardless, I do not want to see Ahsoka defeat a villain that Kanan, Hera or Sabine can't defeat.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  14. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014
    anakinfansince1983

That's fair. That would flip the show from being about the crew to being about her which would not be cool.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Unless she dies in the process.

16. Vader'sGoodHand

Apr 1, 2014

I don't think the Inquisitor would kill her. I think Vader would want to have that fun or that chance to turn her. Again I might be giving her too much credit as an important person to Anakin/Vader still.

17. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Keep in mind that Ahsoka would be a little bit older than Kanan at this point. She left when she was a 16 year old Padawan, after something like 2 years of service alongside Anakin (books suggest TCW movie was only a few months after AoTC, and tech in the Temple Bombing arc is consistent with ROTS).

Kanan was 14 by contrast. I think he'd only been Depa Billaba's Padawan for a short time.

18. Marcus Moore

Marcus Moore Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 16, 2014
    I think we're presuming characters know things that we know. As far as the Inquisitor knows she's just a former Jedi, and Padawan of Anakin Skywaker; another deceased Jedi from 15 years ago. The only people who know for sure who Vader is are ObiWan, Yoda, the Emperor, and Tarkin? (does the new book say if he knows?).

19. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

I think Bail Organa would likely know (as he was in contact with Obi Wan immediately after he and Anakin had that duel and then shortly after Vader appears( wouldn't be hard for him to put two and two together). And if Bail knows and Ahsoka is helping out the Rebellion Ahsoka will know as well.

20. darkchrono

May 23, 2005

You will get further info on this topic in Gathering Forces (not sure you have already seen it or not).

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nope, I can't watch that one until I guess next week.

22. Marcus Moore

Sep 16, 2014

It's possible, but it's not a presumption we can make. Obi-Wan and Yoda might want to keep that information to themselves for any number of reasons- even if it's as simple as hubris or shame. Or the fact that they don't want to leave Bail with the responsibility of keeping a secret for them from his adopted daughter. I'm not sure the information would be of any benefit to him anyway.

Regardless, we don't know for sure either way.

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  23. Tammy Mac

Tammy Mac Jedi Knight

Dec 10, 2013
    If Ahsoka does show up, she will probably send the Inquisitor packing just as things look bleakest for our heroes, but she certainly wouldn't be the one to end him. The Inquisitor is set up as Kanan and Ezra's nemesis. If we go by the normal narrative conventions, the Inquisitor will kill Kanan, then Ezra will kill the Inquisitor.

What Ahsoka's appearance would do, however, is make the Inquisitor realise that he needs to bring in the big guns, opening the door for more Inquisitors (such as Inquisitor Offee maybe?) to get involved, and eventually bring Vader in to the fray. Ahsoka's main rivals would be her former friend, Barriss, and her former master, Vader. Whilst she may or may not know Vader's true identity (depending on what Bail has told her), it wouldn't take much for her to realise who it is under the suit. This would mean that a Vader/Ahsoka confrontation would have to come at, or near the end of her story.

Whether they do bring Ahsoka into rebels or not, I think it is inevitable that she will be portrayed as a pivotal role within the rebellion in the new canon. She is the only canonical link (so far) from the senators Organa and Mothma, to Admiral Ackbar. She has also trained rebels on Onderon which was a massive part of the rebellion's origins in the Legends canon, and has personal ties to their senator.

If Ahsoka is indeed Fulcrum (and Fulcrum's voice does sound like a Woman's voice digitally tweaked to sound male) it would make sense for her to be bringing rebel cells together and ultimately forming the foundation of the Alliance. Perhaps we'll see a statue of her in the background of Episode VII wherever the good guys are based to subtly acknowledge her importance to the cause. The show belongs to the Ghost's crew, but if they really do expand the scope of everything, maybe we'll end up with a DS9-style situation of a regular cast, augmented with a large supporting cast that are equally pivotal to the narrative.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It says that he suspects, and is growing more and more convinced:

Very early on in their partnership - soon after he had been introduced to the secret, mobile battle station - Tarkin grew convinced that Vader knew him much better than he let on, and that behind the bulging lenses of his face mask, whatever remained of Vader's human eyes regarded him with clear recognition. Later, observing the rapport the Dark Lord shared with the stormtroopers who supported him, and the technique he displayed in wielding his crimson lightsaber, Tarkin grew more and more convinced that his suspicions were right.

Vader might very well be Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, whom Tarkin had fought beside during the Clone Wars, and for whom he had developed a grudging appreciation.

The author, in a previous book Dark Lord (which has events that the author makes oblique references to in Tarkin) - made it exceedingly clear that Bail knows. Not canon yet - but it wouldn't surprise me if the whole book gets rereleased as part of the new canon.

25. Marcus Moore

Sep 16, 2014
    The questions around Amidala's pregnancy might just be too problematic for Obi-Wan to keep the info from Bail, so it's definitely possible.

I would say though that even if Bail knows and is in contact with Ahsoka in the Rebels timeframe- I could see A LOT of good reasons for him NOT telling her of Vader's identity. Foremost being her survival. If she knew she'd surely try to confront him.